William Blount Governors vs Alcoa Tornadoes

Governm

There was so much epic fail in the officiating tonight It's hard to know where to begin. In the first half we had 2 drives where we got flagged on just about every play. And we were called for personal fouls for stuff like fighting for a fumble in a pile. What was more frustrating was the Stuff they weren't calling on LC. They got away with a few facemasks and horse collars. And I saw some plays where they were getting away with holding and it was blatant.

All this doesnt matter,you all scored 24 and a very bad LC team held on till the end and score 20.That is not impressive at all.I respect your love for the Govs but until you actually beat a decent team i cant buy all this,this is every year.Just let it go LC deserves a little credit playing you all to the wire.If you keep it close with Alcoa then we will give you the credit you deserve.To say you all will be a very good team by the end of the yr is very much overstated.Very good teams win at least 8 ballgames.WB wont this yr.Good luck tho.

All this doesnt matter,you all scored 24 and a very bad LC team held on till the end and score 20.That is not impressive at all.I respect your love for the Govs but until you actually beat a decent team i cant buy all this,this is every year.Just let it go LC deserves a little credit playing you all to the wire.If you keep it close with Alcoa then we will give you the credit you deserve.To say you all will be a very good team by the end of the yr is very much overstated.Very good teams win at least 8 ballgames.WB wont this yr.Good luck tho.

You weren't even there. Without all the flags we score atleast 42 points and they probably only score 6. Those are just the facts ... But you can believe what you want.

The "FACTS" are something you ignore.

And just what do you know about that? In the past I have griped about things we have done to shoot ourselves in the foot. I have only really complained about the refs a few times. And last night was bad! There were periods of the game where they were throwing flags on us almost every play. In the first half they were throwing flags that killed our offensive momentum and in the 2nd half they were throwing flags on our defense and basically walking LC into the endzone. Hmm does that not seem like the refs are trying to help LC or is it just me? Let's forget about that for a minute though and talk about something else. Ok, so they were real quick to throw flags on us. Ok! I can handle that! Some officiating crews are like that and are real trigger happy with the flags. But here's the thing..... There was alot of crap they could have flagged LC for but they didn't! So when you see refs throwing flags on one team for everything under the sun and not throwing hardly any flags on the other team when there is plenty there to throw flags on it looks like a team is getting hosed! I have nothing to complain about as far as our team goes. We played really good in all facets of the game for the most part. Our QB was on fire and our receivers were catching everything. Alot of big pass plays got called back by penalties. Our defense played good too. LC only had 100 yards rushing and scored 3 TDs. Does that not tell you anything about how much they benefited from the whistle? And let's talk about special teams! We returned a kickoff for a TD and were able to recover an onside kick (that the refs gave to LC giving them a short field and setting up one of their scores). And our kicker made all his PATs and a field goal. Turnover wise (the thing I harped on all last year!!!) We only had one fumble!!!! We played well in all phases of the game and the score does not indicate how dominant we were. The fact is we got hosed by the refs and still won...... So moving on.... I'm excited to see how this team improves from week to week. Edited by Governors91

And just what do you know about that? In the past I have griped about things we have done to shoot ourselves in the foot. I have only really complained about the refs a few times. And last night was bad! There were periods of the game where they were throwing flags on us almost every play. In the first half they were throwing flags that killed our offensive momentum and in the 2nd half they were throwing flags on our defense and basically walking LC into the endzone. Hmm does that not seem like the refs are trying to help LC or is it just me? Let's forget about that for a minute though and talk about something else. Ok, so they were real quick to throw flags on us. Ok! I can handle that! Some officiating crews are like that and are real trigger happy with the flags. But here's the thing..... There was alot of crap they could have flagged LC for but they didn't! So when you see refs throwing flags on one team for everything under the sun and not throwing hardly any flags on the other team when there is plenty there to throw flags on it looks like a team is getting hosed! I have nothing to complain about as far as our team goes. We played really good in all facets of the game for the most part. Our QB was on fire and our receivers were catching everything. Alot of big pass plays got called back by penalties. Our defense played good too. LC only had 100 yards rushing and scored 3 TDs. Does that not tell you anything about how much they benefited from the whistle? And let's talk about special teams! We returned a kickoff for a TD and were able to recover an onside kick (that the refs gave to LC giving them a short field and setting up one of their scores). And our kicker made all his PATs and a field goal. Turnover wise (the thing I harped on all last year!!!) We only had one fumble!!!! We played well in all phases of the game and the score does not indicate how dominant we were. The fact is we got hosed by the refs and still won...... So moving on.... I'm excited to see how this team improves from week to week.

This is like a never ending broken record