Riverside at Lexington

@38320

How will this one go? Riverside lost to the Tigers at home last year, 42-51. Lexington has won 4 of the last 5 in the annual rivalry - 3 fairly close wins, and one blowout. The Panthers have one game under their belt this year, a 49-16 win over Perry Co. It's game one for Lexington. Do the 2A Panthers have a chance against the 4A school? Will Lexington overlook the scrappy Panthers, or will in be victory number one for Big Red? Opinions? Ideas? 

Edited by @38320

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing nothing but good things about Lexington. The Big Red Tigers might be the sleeper this year in West Tennessee. Everybody is talking about a few teams and I have heard very little on CoachT about Lexington. I wish they would have come to the Sports Plus Jamboree at Chester County instead of dillydallying with Huntingdon in a one-on-one scrimmage. The Henderson event was awesome for high school football fans. 

I'm hearing nothing but good things about Lexington. The Big Red Tigers might be the sleeper this year in West Tennessee. Everybody is talking about a few teams and I have heard very little on CoachT about Lexington. I wish they would have come to the Sports Plus Jamboree at Chester County instead of dillydallying with Huntingdon in a one-on-one scrimmage. The Henderson event was awesome for high school football fans.

I don't really wana hate on the Tigers yet, especially because we don't play them anymore...but didn't they get beaten pretty handily by Htown in that scrimmage u mentioned?

Lexington fans are geared up for a playoff run, but I'm skeptical...their own radio announcer was joking about the defense on the air while interviewing Scotts Hill's coach (or was he?), and the Lions passing attack looked awfully good against them in a 7 on 7 (yeah, I know...it's a glorified practice). The predictable offense, a suspect defense, and a tougher schedule might just add up to an "ordinary" win loss record this season. Riverside shouldn't have enough to beat them, but their QB is supposed to be good enough to find out if the secondary is up to snuff...if the Panthers can give 'em a good game, it might spell trouble against the stiffer competition that they will face.

Lexington fans are geared up for a playoff run, but I'm skeptical...their own radio announcer was joking about the defense on the air while interviewing Scotts Hill's coach (or was he?), and the Lions passing attack looked awfully good against them in a 7 on 7 (yeah, I know...it's a glorified practice). The predictable offense, a suspect defense, and a tougher schedule might just add up to an "ordinary" win loss record this season. Riverside shouldn't have enough to beat them, but their QB is supposed to be good enough to find out if the secondary is up to snuff...if the Panthers can give 'em a good game, it might spell trouble against the stiffer competition that they will face.

I'm not sure what to expect this year as I am completely out of the loop of things. My gut says they'll be fighting for the 3/4 playoff spot, but people more in the know than me says they can push for the region title. This is going to be a very tough district with A LOT tougher competition than they have faced in recent years.

As for this game, if they struggle or lose, it could be signs of long season.

Lot's going on with family Solomon, and my server is junk!

Big Red has talent enough to contend, middle school teams have gaudy records over the past 4-5 seasons, but rumblings are growing louder every season about underachieving teams, and some close to the program say that one or two injuries could put them on the skids (most teams can say that). If things go south, an overhaul could be coming, but we all know that one or two big wins and the axles on the bandwagon will be bent from the extra weight. I guess that was all just a long winded way of saying that there are a lot of unknown's on this seasons team, and that there's a wide array of expectations from some insiders. Can't wait to see who's right.