Week 2:CPA vs Knox Catholic

BigDave1967

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's impressive. I remember when he played at MBA, very good athlete.

Yes, he was a great athlete, but most importantly, he is a fine man who knows how to mentor and love his athletes well. Another thing that makes him a great coach is that he has gathered a great staff of coaches who he lets do their job. He is a very good team leader. Edited by sportsnerd

Yes, he was a great athlete, but most importantly, he is a fine man who knows how to mentor and love his athletes well. Another thing that makes him a great coach is that he has gathered a great staff of coaches who he lets do their job. He is a very good tem leader.

What is a "tem" leader?? Lol!!! Just trying give ya a hard time Nerd. How ya been??

I believe Nerd hit the nail on the head when he said CPA has a great group of assistant coaches. CPA has the resources to pay premium dollar for great assistant coaches. I would say only Ensworth and MBA have the same football budget to work with. This is not only a big advantage over public schools, but even the privates in the same division/size cannot compete with the resources CPA has. When you have a staff as qualified as this, you can take an average player and coach him up several levels. This is the main reason CPA has the outstanding record since Martins arrival. This is not a knock or insult against CPA, but I believe you agree CPA values great assistant football coaches and will pay appropriate salaries. There is no way under normal high school coaching that CPA should have stayed on the field last week with the GA team. My understanding is that CPA also has invested in several great strength and conditioning coaches. Again, a big advantage, but not knocking CPA, they want to spend the money to get the best coaches available.

I believe Nerd hit the nail on the head when he said CPA has a great group of assistant coaches. CPA has the resources to pay premium dollar for great assistant coaches. I would say only Ensworth and MBA have the same football budget to work with. This is not only a big advantage over public schools, but even the privates in the same division/size cannot compete with the resources CPA has. When you have a staff as qualified as this, you can take an average player and coach him up several levels. This is the main reason CPA has the outstanding record since Martins arrival. This is not a knock or insult against CPA, but I believe you agree CPA values great assistant football coaches and will pay appropriate salaries. There is no way under normal high school coaching that CPA should have stayed on the field last week with the GA team. My understanding is that CPA also has invested in several great strength and conditioning coaches. Again, a big advantage, but not knocking CPA, they want to spend the money to get the best coaches available.

Without turning this (please) into a public/private debate thread, I agree with the above. I am on record as saying I do not care which division we play in. However, it is only common sense that a private school has to have something to offer families other than public schools to be able to demand the high tuitions. Why would any family pay to send their child to CPA if all things are the same or inferior to the public school? The only reason would be the Christian Worldview curriculum and that is a reason for some families. Keep in mind, private school families pay for public schools and do not use them, which partially subsidizes families that do use the public schools. The public school coffers should be better the more kids go to private schools in a county or city, because the taxes are spread among less students.

Without turning this (please) into a public/private debate thread, I agree with the above. I am on record as saying I do not care which division we play in. However, it is only common sense that a private school has to have something to offer families other than public schools to be able to demand the high tuitions. Why would any family pay to send their child to CPA if all things are the same or inferior to the public school? The only reason would be the Christian Worldview curriculum and that is a reason for some families. Keep in mind, private school families pay for public schools and do not use them, which partially subsidizes families that do use the public schools. The public school coffers should be better the more kids go to private schools in a county or city, because the taxes are spread among less students.

"The public school coffers should be better the more kids go to private schools in a county or city, because the taxes are spread among less students". You would think, but not always true. Most public schools either don't, or do very little, supplement extra curricular activites other than coaching supplements. That leaves it to parents to raise or straight out pay out of pocket to the program. You take away the top say 10% earning parents because their kids go to private schools, there goes 90% of the paying parents of the team. Problems CPA doesn't have to deal with.

"The public school coffers should be better the more kids go to private schools in a county or city, because the taxes are spread among less students". You would think, but not always true. Most public schools either don't, or do very little, supplement extra curricular activites other than coaching supplements. That leaves it to parents to raise or straight out pay out of pocket to the program. You take away the top say 10% earning parents because their kids go to private schools, there goes 90% of the paying parents of the team. Problems CPA doesn't have to deal with.

Possibly true, but not definitely true. My point is a fact, not supposition.Private school parents pay taxes (most of them more if they are the top 10% earners) that go to public schools that are not spent on their kids. Those taxes pay for programs for the kids who go there. I do not have a problem with that, but it is a fact, that families that send their kids to private schools subsidize part of the cost for public family children. The opposite is not true. The CPA families pay all of the cost of the school, the programs, etc.. Also, CPA raises money just like the private schools to enhance the programs. So, they pay to public schools, they pay tuition, and they pay to support programs. There are plenty of public schools that have good facilities and coaches because the community demands it and is willing to support it. Bottom line, public or private - you get what you are willing to pay for.

Possibly true, but not definitely true. My point is a fact, not supposition.Private school parents pay taxes (most of them more if they are the top 10% earners) that go to public schools that are not spent on their kids. Those taxes pay for programs for the kids who go there. I do not have a problem with that, but it is a fact, that families that send their kids to private schools subsidize part of the cost for public family children. The opposite is not true. The CPA families pay all of the cost of the school, the programs, etc.. Also, CPA raises money just like the private schools to enhance the programs. So, they pay to public schools, they pay tuition, and they pay to support programs. There are plenty of public schools that have good facilities and coaches because the community demands it and is willing to support it. Bottom line, public or private - you get what you are willing to pay for.

I agree 100 %, you get what you pay for. Just not realistic Red Boiling Springs can ever pay for the facilities or coaches as say Goodpasture. But yet, they played in the same district. I see it from both sides, very complicated.