Week 2:CPA vs Knox Catholic

BigDave1967

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody explain to me how people are saying Knoxville Catholic is down?  I've seen film on them and on Amari Rodgers.  He's electric and one of the best athletes in the state.  He has the offers to prove it.  No one on CPA's team has his offer sheet. 

Knox Catholic had 500+ yards of offense last week.  They almost beat Alcoa last year.   They would've gone much deeper into the 4A playoffs if they didn't keep running into Fulton.   To me these teams look equal. 

I think this game on Friday will be a close 4 qtr game with Knox Catholic having a size and speed advantage based on what I've seen on film. 

What did Knox Catholic lose from last year that has people saying they are down?  No one has answered that.    Doesn't make sense to me. 

Somebody explain to me how people are saying Knoxville Catholic is down?  I've seen film on them and on Amari Rodgers.  He's electric and one of the best athletes in the state.  He has the offers to prove it.  No one on CPA's team has his offer sheet. 

Knox Catholic had 500+ yards of offense last week.  They almost beat Alcoa last year.   They would've gone much deeper into the 4A playoffs if they didn't keep running into Fulton.   To me these teams look equal. 

I think this game on Friday will be a close 4 qtr game with Knox Catholic having a size and speed advantage based on what I've seen on film. 

What did Knox Catholic lose from last year that has people saying they are down?  No one has answered that.    Doesn't make sense to me. 

I agree. Alcoa would have beat CPA by 2 TD's with the QB that played against Catholic last season.

I agree. Alcoa would have beat CPA by 2 TD's with the QB that played against Catholic last season.

That's hilarious. You were saying at the time they were going to beat CPA with the QB who played before the game, so you're opinion is very suspect. Classless to get beat then say what would have happened if. All we heard before the game was that CPA couldn't play "smashmouth" with Alcoa. How did that work for you?

exactly how do you define that and what measurables are you using to back up athletic ablitities between them...did they all play the same sports......that kinda came out of huhville.....glad to see you venture out away from the soccer forum and test new waters

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Nah no huhvill Booger. Ingle was mentioned specifically so since I've known him his whole life I thought I'd provide a few tidbits. I also played football with a few guys on his staff after HS. Good guys and a great program.

That's hilarious. You were saying at the time they were going to beat CPA with the QB who played before the game, so you're opinion is very suspect. Classless to get beat then say what would have happened if. All we heard before the game was that CPA couldn't play "smashmouth" with Alcoa. How did that work for you?

QB that played against CPA was a soph. that had zero play time. The QB that played Catholic was 6-3 240 lbs and created a 1-2 punch with Tyson. He had a bicep tear right before the Championship game and could not  Totally different Offense Catholic faced then CPA. That was a war that ended 7-0 The starting QB would have made a BIG difference. Fact

QB that played against CPA was a soph. that had zero play time. The QB that played Catholic was 6-3 240 lbs and created a 1-2 punch with Tyson. He had a bicep tear right before the Championship game and could not Totally different Offense Catholic faced then CPA. That was a war that ended 7-0 The starting QB would have made a BIG difference. Fact

If hadn't been raining so bad CPA would have ......

If CPA didn't have injuries to key players ....

See how that works?

Edited by Playerscoach

. All we heard before the game was that CPA couldn't play "smashmouth" with Alcoa. How did that work for you?

How would CPA have played without Hockaday? Losing McClurg the Starting QB was equally as important to Alcoa, 

With McClurg it would have been more the same as 2014 with QB Wall and RB Tyson tag teaming. That's exactly what Alcoa did against Catholic with McClurg running for 150 yards and Tyson for 250 yards. 

Somebody explain to me how people are saying Knoxville Catholic is down? I've seen film on them and on Amari Rodgers. He's electric and one of the best athletes in the state. He has the offers to prove it. No one on CPA's team has his offer sheet.

Knox Catholic had 500+ yards of offense last week. They almost beat Alcoa last year. They would've gone much deeper into the 4A playoffs if they didn't keep running into Fulton. To me these teams look equal.

I think this game on Friday will be a close 4 qtr game with Knox Catholic having a size and speed advantage based on what I've seen on film.

What did Knox Catholic lose from last year that has people saying they are down? No one has answered that. Doesn't make sense to me.

Lost several key people that have moved on to the next level. 1. Zac Jancek was a two year starter at QB and has been replaced with a guy that has 1 start now 2. Josh Silvey DL that was All-State as a freshman and sophomore and virtually unstoppable before transferring this year 3. Jordan Anderson that was a 4 year starter who may start at Brown University as a freshman this year. 4. Dom Souder a two time All-Stater that was a big play WR but a stud DB that led the team and maybe the state in INTs. 5. Chase Kuerschen hasbeen a top WR for the past two years but is out with a broken foot.

We have the potential to be explosive on offense. We are much bigger up front. Whoever gets the early lead should be able to dictate the style of play. Hopefully it will be a great game!

Keep talking - no class. When you win, you're the best. When you lose - it's bad luck. Take your loss and show some class. You're embarrassing your team and other fans.

Truth hurts loser nerd boy......isn't it time for you to go start a poll where you think CPA is the best team in the state? Keep running that lip and I'll snap my fingers and have 12 goons completely take over this thread.