Westmoreland vs. Macon Co.

Wishbone

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or are the boards unusually quiet for the start of a football season?  Maybe the verdict is still out on some teams and folks aren't sure what to expect.  I sure don't.  I hope a good game is in store, but I am a little uneasy about MC's defense.  The difference in 1st and 2nd halves was like a Jekyl and Hyde performance against Smith Co.  So I'm going to have to say

Westy 24

MC 21

From my perspective, it looks to me like this group does not gel together very well. They look to be playing like 11 individuals instead of 1 team. I did see some improvements from last week to this week. As long as they keep moving in that direction, they may have a playoff run. Last year's group lost around 15 seniors and most of those kids had been playing for 2-3 years and they knew how to play as 1 unit. They were a very close group on and off the field and still are. If this group ever learns to play team ball they could open some eyes.