Week 3: Greenback @Oneida

crow

I believe it is safe to say all eyes in the District will be on the outcome in the Reservation. Harriman and Coalfield should be playing winnable games and I'm sure they will stay interested in the score up North. Oneida, IMO, will have to score more than twice to win this game. We have given up two scores in two games, they bend at times, but scoring has been tough for our enemies. GB have a good FG kicker? To beat this edition you have to come away with points and 3 might be the difference in winning and losing.

Kazamater

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crow, you are right. I'm sure we would think the outcome could have been different if we had lost that game last week. Doesn't change the results shown on the scoreboard. Meigs did a ton of things right (and wrong), and we did too. Very uncharacteristic of us to have that many flags thrown against us, yet we managed to overcome it. Very hard to do against a good team, which is what Meigs proved to be. There were a lot of drive killers and stupidity on both sides that the coaching staffs will clean up. I was impressed with the amount of composure shown under duress by both clubs. In the OT, the Indians punched it in with their strong suit and the Tigers resorted to trickery to determine their fate. Sometimes that works but on this evening it was not to be. That is football.

Kazaloopy

Crow, I'd say the tailgating will be early this week. Little corn hole tossing and music should liven things up. Kids will paint up and the team will be jacked. Nothing like having a tremendous opponent coming to the house. Kazam should be in the JuJu Hut banging on the war drum. Might have to install some padding on the walls. (wait....been to one of them cells....not going back) Howl at the moon kind of week...!

Kazabalooney

I agree.....and most people that know me will say that assessment is spot on. Not a padded cell or JuJu Hut I won't investigate. Just seems like I'm on an island this week and I need a ball I can re-name Wilson....! OB, you should notice none of my cronies are putting out a save Kaz distress call. I pretty much gotta hunker down.

Kaloo

This will be a great game, But I think Oneida will take this in a close battle. I seen Greenback play Loudon and although I was impressed I think they will be outmatched

Dont put your money on the Loudon game.That was a terrible showing from the Cherokees.I dont think anyone will out "outman" us out play maybe,but we have a ton of potential!

Guest Fall101

I think the Indians are definitely a top ten team. These ranking don't mean nothing.

I agree! It's just frustrating not seeing your team in there. I love being the underdog, but we're not gonna sneak up on anybody.

I agree! It's just frustrating not seeing your team in there. I love being the underdog, but we're not gonna sneak up on anybody.

Spike i've been watching High school ball a long time and these polls are totally meaningless.We know Oneida belongs there and so do you but in all reallity it doesnt really matter.I hate the polls these kids look at this stuff and all the sudden it changes their mentallity,i would rather not be ranked and just play good solid fundamental football and let it work itself out around Nov.These two teams have so much tradition against each other and some of the other real good 1A teams that we are always in the back of all of their minds and i like that.You just cant overlook an Oneida,Coalfield or Greenback for any reason.This is going to be a season of some of the best football games in our area we may have ever seen.Harriman,even Cloudland will be tough when the time comes.Let em have their polls and lets just watch some football!