Week 3: Greenback @Oneida

crow

Guest Fall101

Spike i've been watching High school ball a long time and these polls are totally meaningless.We know Oneida belongs there and so do you but in all reallity it doesnt really matter.I hate the polls these kids look at this stuff and all the sudden it changes their mentallity,i would rather not be ranked and just play good solid fundamental football and let it work itself out around Nov.These two teams have so much tradition against each other and some of the other real good 1A teams that we are always in the back of all of their minds and i like that.You just cant overlook an Oneida,Coalfield or Greenback for any reason.This is going to be a season of some of the best football games in our area we may have ever seen.Harriman,even Cloudland will be tough when the time comes.Let em have their polls and lets just watch some football!

I agree they are worthless! However it is frustrating as a fan to see teams in the poll that's dang 0-2? I know come November teams will have to look out for our Indians. I guess for me it's a respect thing, but maybe it will motivate us to keep winning. I don't know if any of the players look at the polls but I am like you as long as we win and take care of what we can control we will be doin just fine come November!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I not gonna look at the polls.....gonna look squarely at Greenback. We win this Friday and the polls will start to take notice. Right now, until your team defines itself the polls aren't worth a hill of beans. Kind of like not looking at the leaderboard in Golf, you know your play will define your position there ultimately. No need to press to get there, just rely on your ability. I'd say Greenback feels the same way.

Now lets talk players and schemes. How does the new RB look....Anderson was one good athlete on last years team....if the new kid is that good, whew. Everybody healthy? Offense still wing it a lot? Who do I need to watch that I haven't already seen?

Kazafoo

I not gonna look at the polls.....gonna look squarely at Greenback. We win this Friday and the polls will start to take notice. Right now, until your team defines itself the polls aren't worth a hill of beans. Kind of like not looking at the leaderboard in Golf, you know your play will define your position there ultimately. No need to press to get there, just rely on your ability. I'd say Greenback feels the same way.

Now lets talk players and schemes. How does the new RB look....Anderson was one good athlete on last years team....if the new kid is that good, whew. Everybody healthy? Offense still wing it a lot? Who do I need to watch that I haven't already seen?

Kazafoo

RB looks good,wont find many like Anderson that kid was an ironman!33 carries and 200 yrds last time at the reservation on a badly sprained ankle.That kid would play injured and you wouldnt know it,we will miss him!!!!I wont talk schemes because im not real famliar with it just yet.New kids better keep an eye on the new DTackle when he lets loose he is a mean one (just ask GP).He is learning to go both ways.Other than that Kaz just a ruff cut bunch boys.Injuries i have no clue about.Im not as close to the program as i have been in the past.(but im sure they wont give an injury report on here anyway).Looks to be a good one tho.

RB looks good,wont find many like Anderson that kid was an ironman!33 carries and 200 yrds last time at the reservation on a badly sprained ankle.That kid would play injured and you wouldnt know it,we will miss him!!!!I wont talk schemes because im not real famliar with it just yet.New kids better keep an eye on the new DTackle when he lets loose he is a mean one (just ask GP).He is learning to go both ways.Other than that Kaz just a ruff cut bunch boys.Injuries i have no clue about.Im not as close to the program as i have been in the past.(but im sure they wont give an injury report on here anyway).Looks to be a good one tho.

So I'm guessing the Silvey kid dominated GP?

I'm guessing that would be a fair assumption.  We just saw two DT's that were about his size and they only played on the defensive unit so they remained fairly "fresh" throughout the game.  Looks llke the difference is this kid carries a mean streak, although I'm sure the Meigs DT's weren't exactly "nice".  Since he goes two ways, him and Byrge will probably introduce themselves numerous times Friday. (and Flint may come over and say Hi a couple of times)  I'm just kidding around.....he is probably the real deal but our kids won't run from the challenge.  Only had two takeaways Friday, we going to need to pick that up. :rolleyes: Statistically, that may end up being the key to winning this game.  I'm expecting another tight one.

Kazabar  

No doubt you've seen the film.  And, for the record, I have no doubt he is legit.  Heard his name mentioned periodically through the first two games.  You know better than most my reference that our kids won't fold up in front of him.  Oh, he will win several of the battles he engages in, but the kid in front of him will put up a fight.  I have yet to see a Tony Lambert team that didn't produce the kind of effort that matches that on the other side.  Games that were one sided were often the result of a superior football team.  You and I both know the kids are going to show up Friday and give their maximum effort...!

Kazanatoo :thumb:

Oh, I think we can hold our water with him. Like you said, we've got some pretty good one to line up across from him. He's gonna make some plays but I'll venture to say we'll still run to his side. That'll be one heck of a match up to watch is him and Byrge or Flint.

Guest Fall101

I believe Oneida runs right at him multiple times and with Flint and Byrge banging on you all night it's gonna take its toll on the ole body. I would say by end of 3rd he will have his hands on his hips and dreading seeing the ball ran his way. Just my honest opinion.