William Blount Governors vs. Dobyns-Bennett Indians

Governm

I read the prepxtra article and it seems like Shad wasn't too happy with the game last night. He basically said the team still lacks the belief that they can win those big games and it shows in their play on the field. I tend to agree with that based on what I saw last night. We played really good defense and forced DB to punt on their first 2 possessions but then we threw an interception deep in our own territory and it really deflated us and we didn't play as well after that. We need to develop the resiliency to bounce back from those mistakes and get back to playing good football. This has been an ongoing issue for WB. We can be going toe with a team but when some kind of adversity strikes we fall apart. It happened in the Farragut game last year when a game that was close most of the 1st half quickly became a blowout. We still have fragile psyches but i'm glad we have a coach like Shad because he can change that. The next two weeks will be very important for us. Getting wins in the next 2 weeks would be huge for this team's confidence level.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you left SH out of that heads and shoulders. Come on up October 9th to SH and see if you are correct! Go Toppers!

Maybe so. But the Toppers haven't really looked impressive for this outsider looking in. You barely beat Elizabethton and from the sounds of it got incredibly lucky to beat a Bradley Central team that is picked to finish somewhere in the middle of the pack or the bottom of the region.

Maybe so. But the Toppers haven't really looked impressive for this outsider looking in. You barely beat Elizabethton and from the sounds of it got incredibly lucky to beat a Bradley Central team that is picked to finish somewhere in the middle of the pack or the bottom of the region.

Gov91...hate to break the news to you but your Govs have not impressive so far either. If the Govs are going to play 500 ball this season there needs to be some impressive improvement.....and soon. 

Gov91...hate to break the news to you but your Govs have not impressive so far either. If the Govs are going to play 500 ball this season there needs to be some impressive improvement.....and soon.

Maybe so! But you have to take into account that we have just played 2 of the 3 best teams on our schedule. And the results weren't nearly as bad as they would have been if we had played those 2 teams with the team we had last year. We just got beat 35-7 and 41-14 but both were 4 Qtr games. Maryville fans may not be able to see it but that is progress for us.There's a world of difference between giving up 35 points through 4 Qtrs and giving them up in the 1st half. We have made alot of improvements but still have a long way to go but we will get it done. And we will be playing against lighter competition from here on out with the exception of Maryville.

It is tough to judge a team unless your butt is in the stands because scores are misleading. Elizabethton is 37-14 except for 4 misques by special teams. Last night we held a high powered offense to 60 yards rushing and 100 passing. Not saying it wasn't a hard fought game but a large number of zebras running on the turf did everything they could to keep us from winning.

Like I said October 9th at our house we will find out if your assessment of SH being second class to DB and Maryville is true. Look forward to hosting you on up in JC.

Maybe so! But you have to take into account that we have just played 2 of the 3 best teams on our schedule. And the results weren't nearly as bad as they would have been if we had played those 2 teams with the team we had last year. We just got beat 35-7 and 41-14 but both were 4 Qtr games. Maryville fans may not be able to see it but that is progress for us.There's a world of difference between

giving up 35 points through 4 Qtrs and giving them up in the 1st half. We have made alot of improvements but still have a long way to go but we will get it done. And we will be playing against lighter competition from here on out with the exception of Maryville.

I said it before the season started and I'll say it again Jeff county and Hardin Valley will both beat you this year.