Signal Mountain @ East Ridge

MountainTroll

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• East Ridge Pioneers
    • Signal Mountain Eagles

This is a must win game for my Eagles in this year of rebuilding. I'm sure the Pioneers will be hyped for this game, starting the season 2-0. I think we will be healthy enough, and the Eagles will no doubt be motivated to prove themselves. I expect a hard fought battle, but I think Signal should be able to win this one by 2-3 scores.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a one point win if we can get it. I said should win by 2-3 scores because we should be able to put up some points on East Ridge. We scored 18 on East Hamilton, which is what Cleveland scored against them last week. We scored 3 on what is arguably the best defense in the state, which is a third of what Riverdale scored on them week one.

Unfortunately, we struggled to contain both teams' speed and skill players, and East Ridge certainly has some speed and skill players.

So far this year, the one thing we have not been plagued by are excessive penalties and turnovers. If we can continue to avoid those two types of mistakes, we should be able to put up more than we give up. redthumb.gif

you had to do a lot of weighin and measurin to give yourself that positive of an outcome Troll.....good thing is if you cant measure correctly which Boogers sure you cant; you still probably win

Booger just sayin watching-my-weight-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'd like to see how yer gold domers would do against East Hamilton and Ooltewah. Yer skill players on defense might slow ther scorin' some, but yer offense wouldn't have fared much better.

You guys just worry about the Christians this week, and we'll worry about them Pioneers.

Edited by MountainTroll

not sure about all our skilled players on defense yet Troll....some of the youngins have some growin up to do.....Booger ant sayin nuttin bad bout them Baptist......we drank some of that North Red Bank Mountain stag water yall got and are fillin up our meat wagon very quickly.....appears we will have 5 or 6 starters out for the game Friday...already had our meanest lineman out at Tyner and by the time we tangled with those 6'5 280 pounders and those 15 backs they threw at us; we have had some bodies fall apart like cheap suits....we've had to set up our own infirmary...may be only 8 or 10 on the sidelines dressed

Booger just sayin crutch.gifbadly-wounded-smiley-emoticon.gifsling.gif

not sure about all our skilled players on defense yet Troll....some of the youngins have some growin up to do.....Booger ant sayin nuttin bad bout them Baptist......we drank some of that North Red Bank Mountain stag water yall got and are fillin up our meat wagon very quickly.....appears we will have 5 or 6 starters out for the game Friday...already had our meanest lineman out at Tyner and by the time we tangled with those 6'5 280 pounders and those 15 backs they threw at us; we have had some bodies fall apart like cheap suits....we've had to set up our own infirmary...may be only 8 or 10 on the sidelines dressed

Booger just sayin crutch.gifbadly-wounded-smiley-emoticon.gifsling.gif

Hate to hear that. Don't like to see any kid injured, even a leprechaun. At least your guys won't have to worry about getting hit very hard this week. ;)

East Ridge 35-10.....what the heck happened Troll....ER was supposed to be down in the dumps because their stadium got shut down by the inspectors.....hope yall get it Ironed out some; but not too much

Booger just sayin

Ain't much good I can say about tonight. Congratulations to the Pioneers. They obviously wanted it more and scored 35 unanswered points after falling behind by 10. They have several talented athletes and good team speed. If they keep playing like they did tonight, improve every week, and clean up some sloppy mistakes, they'll give the leprechauns a tough game.

As for my Eagles, the wheels just fell off late in the 2nd quarter. For the first 20 minutes, they dominated. Some poor execution on offense and defense, and some questionable play calling let East Ridge get a lead going into halftime. Big Mo took over at that point and it was downhill from there. Turnovers killed us. Hope the guys can keep their heads up and keep playing hard, but it's going to be a hard season.

:huh:

Edited by MountainTroll

It's no surprise really. Those boys are giving it all they have but this is a very different SM team with few go-to options on offense. Signal has some talented guys on D and stout lineman but they just get worn down and they really struggle defending in space against speed. Have to feel for their boys a little. How many more injuries will they have?