South Pittsburg vs Marion (Grider against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

In most years that SP has scored a lot of pints this is what happened.

1) starters played 1 series in 3rd quarter to seal the win or start the mercy rule (which wasn't a rule during all of Vic's years)

2) we had 10-15 seniors on a 30 man roster and it would have been murder to put a 14 year old 1A freshman against a 3A or 4A 18 year old senior, sometimes 19-20 years in a few teams cases

3) all we had were freshman and Sophmores that started and there really wasn't a JV

4) coaches liked to run up the score in basketball with full court presses the whole game, so we just returned the favor in football

5) and most of all, as many of you have said, we had more athletes on our entire roster than most 2-4A schools. You can't tell a kid to lay down if in 1 play he can score from 80 yards out.

Through the years many have envied Vic and many still do. Much of that envy is hate. Oh well, many of you voted for you know who, and now you hate him. It comes with the job.

thwhatever.gif

Old pirate let me ask you a question.  I was talking to that man at Ronnies red eye about them morlocks and he said he had a picture of some of them Jasperlites that looked like morlocks that they been hiding under them rocks for to long.  I garuntee you it has messed up their studding.  You think im joking but im not. Morlock_zpsb9pzoiio.jpg[/url]

Looks like a cross between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton

• Upvote 1

You guys can spin it any which way you want. Rivalry games have a tendency to be tight at times. If we play it close it won't have any bearing on next week. It actually would bring them down to earth. You can ask any person outside of sp city limits about Vic and running up scores on lesser talented teams and you will get the same answer every time.

46-0 in 1 gtr by SP would not be considered running up the score, really...? BTW, when did the Pirates ever do that? Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Upvote 1

I've never hated Vic or envied him. I do remember a certain game that was a complete blowout and he kept starters in and went for 2 after every TD. He had a beef with the coach and all it hurt was some kids. I know it wasn't us running the score up on sp in basketball either lol.

You cry babies....dad burnit the Professer & Don always went for 2. Never heard th Baxter brothers crying back-n-the day, cause they were men and not some diaper wearing cry babies! Old Pirate remembers well Ken leaving his starters in long after the feud had been decided and SP never was like puke purple wearing pansies of today! Go ask ole coach Bill about the day when mommy's & cry baby daddies were ran off!

In most years that SP has scored a lot of pints this is what happened.

1) starters played 1 series in 3rd quarter to seal the win or start the mercy rule (which wasn't a rule during all of Vic's years)

2) we had 10-15 seniors on a 30 man roster and it would have been murder to put a 14 year old 1A freshman against a 3A or 4A 18 year old senior, sometimes 19-20 years in a few teams cases

3) all we had were freshman and Sophmores that started and there really wasn't a JV

4) coaches liked to run up the score in basketball with full court presses the whole game, so we just returned the favor in football

5) and most of all, as many of you have said, we had more athletes on our entire roster than most 2-4A schools. You can't tell a kid to lay down if in 1 play he can score from 80 yards out.

Through the years many have envied Vic and many still do. Much of that envy is hate. Oh well, many of you voted for you know who, and now you hate him. It comes with the job.

PM you seem like a very good, knowledgable person. I can only speak of one instance because that is the only one I saw with my own eyes. Vic had a personal beef with a former coach, which we all know who that is, and used his team (high school kids) to "get back" this coach. There was never a doubt who was the more talented team on the field. It is a fact that SP, over the last 10 years, has been blessed with talent in every aspect of their teams. With that said, I believe that as a coach you are the leader of young men. You have to take the high road in that position. He chose not to. There are many ways to keep the score down while teaching these young men sportsmanship. For example: Put in your backups.... (and there were backups available). If the other team chooses not to do the same then simply take a knee and punt. No one gets hurt. That is a slap in the face in itself. Who cares if the other team scores a few points. There are many other ways not to kick an opponent when they are down. If his beef with this coach ran that deep then maybe he should have handled it the way most would. But it is never an excuse to use 15-18 year old kids to settle your beef. I would expect the same this weekend. We know that SP is very young. We also know they will give it 100% because Vic is their leader and they will follow him without question. Again I hope both sides compete with integrity, and the night is injury free.

PS.... I didn't vote for that guy!!!

I garuntee you my point is that if you had that Zeman man this year you could not compete with some of the real big schools like that Quarles man and that Rankin mans schools. By the way deputy Indian deleted my personal photo of you and Hatr in your jailhouse uniforms. That man at Ronnies red eye said that looked just like you and Hatr that night in that Burnett mans jail. That man at Ronnies red eye said you two were being awful sweet on one another. You think im joking but im not.

Jasperlites2_zpspbaulp5y.jpg[/url]

Old Pirate finally got the daughter to magnify them fellers and sure nuff them fellers done and got names on them uniforms! Now Old Pirate ain't fully got the spooning thing yet, but was them cry babies spoon feeding each other cause theys were in that Burnett man's jail? Dad burnit, figure the jailhouse is like visiting a neighbor for them tithing Jasperlites! Hum, wonder if they flipped to see who got the spooning first? Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old pirate let me ask you a question. I was talking to that man at Ronnies red eye about them morlocks and he said he had a picture of some of them Jasperlites that looked like morlocks that they been hiding under them rocks for to long. I garuntee you it has messed up their studding. You think im joking but im not. Morlock_zpsb9pzoiio.jpg[/url]

Roy, After a closer look, Old Pirate guarantees a couple of them subterranean Jasper kinfolkes is some of them Jasper skillet slingers that Old Pirate tells the youngons about annually. No wonder theys was a coming down to SP to capture them a SP foundry stud back in the day. Figure theys bout had enough of that Jasper jailhouse inbreeding mess! Edited by OLD PIRATE

PM you seem like a very good, knowledgable person. I can only speak of one instance because that is the only one I saw with my own eyes. Vic had a personal beef with a former coach, which we all know who that is, and used his team (high school kids) to "get back" this coach. There was never a doubt who was the more talented team on the field. It is a fact that SP, over the last 10 years, has been blessed with talent in every aspect of their teams. With that said, I believe that as a coach you are the leader of young men. You have to take the high road in that position. He chose not to. There are many ways to keep the score down while teaching these young men sportsmanship. For example: Put in your backups.... (and there were backups available). If the other team chooses not to do the same then simply take a knee and punt. No one gets hurt. That is a slap in the face in itself. Who cares if the other team scores a few points. There are many other ways not to kick an opponent when they are down. If his beef with this coach ran that deep then maybe he should have handled it the way most would. But it is never an excuse to use 15-18 year old kids to settle your beef. I would expect the same this weekend. We know that SP is very young. We also know they will give it 100% because Vic is their leader and they will follow him without question. Again I hope both sides compete with integrity, and the night is injury free.

PS.... I didn't vote for that guy!!!

i understand what you are saying. And yes I also hope both teams are injury free and I pray the adults can handle whatever the outcome is

I garuntee you my point is that if you had that Zeman man this year you could not compete with some of the real big schools like that Quarles man and that Rankin mans schools. By the way deputy Indian deleted my personal photo of you and Hatr in your jailhouse uniforms. That man at Ronnies red eye said that looked just like you and Hatr that night in that Burnett mans jail. That man at Ronnies red eye said you two were being awful sweet on one another. You think im joking but im not.

I know your really trying, bless your heart. But your not acting, you really are as dumb and unimaginative as your persona.