Tyner "Rams" @ Signal Mtn

TynerRamFan

I don't think there's a program out there that hasn't had ups and downs. Signal might be down right now, but life is long and takes many twisted turns. We've got a good school and and a good community. If I can quit these cigarettes, I might live long enough to see my Eagles back on top.

It's kind of interesting to see how petty some people are and to watch people bail on a program when the chips are down. I guess that's just part of the "me" society that we live in. Very little loyalty to anything these days. I disagree with Booger, though. Appeasement is rarely a good strategy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is getting payback now on Signal, we are seeing how much busing kids up the mnt really did for them. 49-7 Ram train is on a collision course with Jasper.

Yer just upset that Scrotchie ain't gonna git a chance at some of that payback. :roflolk:  I thought yer Injuns might get a chance for some payback in the playoffs, but the way things are going, I doubt my Eagles will make it that far.

So its a coincidence that on the year the county stops the bus service that Signal only has 25 players on a team that has looked like a college team the last 5 ? I agree that a lot of talent is wasted coming through the valley but seeing several former Eagles now on N.GA teams says a lot. CCS is about to be the big program other than McCallie and Baylor because they are finally throwing money into the program. 

We only got one ex-Eagle that I'm aware of playing in North Georgia, and he's from Tennessee. Got one that transferred to Baylor and a couple that transferred to CCS. The ones that transferred to private schools all live on Signal.

It's funny to hear troll complain about privates after all the rule "bending" signal did to earn their 2a title. They were clearly the best 4a team to ever play in 2a

It's funny to hear somebody from a school with no zone complain about a public school accepting out of zone transfers.

I've always said that it's easier for the privates to figure out how to pay kids' tuition than it is for Signal to figure out how to get them up and down the mountain.

No boog its not a coincidence at all, but are you going to turn down athletes from N. GA if you have access to them? Rules have changed and now SM will have to adapt and overcome. If the mama problem is true, then this old geezer doesn't see better days ahead for the red and black anytime soon. As for CCS, sounds like they are taking the "if you can't beat em, join em" approach. Money talks boog

This old geezer is just sayin

I like to joke about the mama's, but it ain't just a mama problem. It's a societal problem. That's why the Army changed their slogan to "An Army of One" years ago. It's all about "me". What's in it for me? What can this team or this school do for me. One thing I like about our team right now is that they are a TEAM.

In the current environment, perhaps the best way for the Signal Mountain schools to adapt is to pull out of the Hamilton County Department of Education and form a municipal school district, like the communities in Shelby county did a couple of years ago. From an academic standpoint, we could set our own priorities, hire who we want, and pay better teacher salaries. From an athletic standpoint, we could go open zone, hire more coaches, spend more on facilities, and pay better coaching supplements. That would really give the valley folk a reason to hate Signal. :roflol:

Two good coaches and two programs I usually try to pull for.  I hate to pick either one here but somebody has to win.  Its gonna be Tyner.  SM is kinda down and Turner has them kids on fire.  Play safe boys.

Appreciate the support, tis, but everbody knows this one ain't gonna be pretty. Booger seems concerned about my grass, but I am confident that it can hold up to a herd of rams. e376a9c1.gif

I like to joke about the mama's, but it ain't just a mama problem. It's a societal problem. That's why the Army changed their slogan to "An Army of One" years ago. It's all about "me". What's in it for me? What can this team or this school do for me. One thing I like about our team right now is that they are a TEAM.

In the current environment, perhaps the best way for the Signal Mountain schools to adapt is to pull out of the Hamilton County Department of Education and form a municipal school district, like the communities in Shelby county did a couple of years ago. From an academic standpoint, we could set our own priorities, hire who we want, and pay better teacher salaries. From an athletic standpoint, we could go open zone, hire more coaches, spend more on facilities, and pay better coaching supplements. That would really give the valley folk a reason to hate Signal. :roflol:

If that happened, you are exactly right about having people from the valley shaking in their boots, this one included. This old geezer feels the same way you do about loyalty. Hope you don't take any offense but if SM was bringing in gold balls every year, this old geezer would still send the young bloods to Marion County. Those roots run deep for this old geezer. Guess you and I are a pair of old grumpy men :thumb:

Everyone is getting payback now on Signal, we are seeing how much busing kids up the mnt really did for them. 49-7 Ram train is on a collision course with Jasper.

Took me a few minutes to think about what you said but we got a lot of football to play before we start to think about MC.

Every week will be a challenge! No game is bigger than the next one! Hopefully we can stay healthy and move forward/ getting better each week!

Took me a few minutes to think about what you said but we got a lot of football to play before we start to think about MC.

Every week will be a challenge! No game is bigger than the next one! Hopefully we can stay healthy and move forward/ getting better each week!

Actually this game isn't relevant in any way. As proof, you're going to watch communist kickball instead.

Should we go ahead and start talking about the next game? You know, one that actually means something.

Actually this game isn't relevant in any way. As proof, you're going to watch communist kickball instead.

Should we go ahead and start talking about the next game? You know, one that actually means something.

True, I will be watching the "original" football game. And it's no need to start talking about a game ahead of the SM game.

(Young people reading this thread: pay no attention to folk who try to make you look past the next weeks opponent; that only makes you lose focus; as I said before no game is bigger than next weeks game) Every game on our schedule is revelant(unlike what you think about BB's schedule)