Dobyns Bennett Indians (2-1) @ Sevier County Smokey Bears (3-0)

Indian423

Shame.A real shame at the school today.chicken shet threats being made on 911 to scare the kids and staff members.I don't blame any parent for keeping their kids home but the security should be equal every school day of the year with a zero tolerance policy towards anyone or group that is this low.

We have a couple of million + people ready and willing to take care of that problem today! But we wouldn't want to offend anybody, now would we?

We have a couple of million + people ready and willing to take care of that problem today! But we wouldn't want to offend anybody, now would we?

Speaking in local terms ,I told one of my relatives years ago that I'd much rather see a trial court then a  funeral.You can't make deals with people at home or anywhere that are like that.

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett    28

Sevier County                       17

Over the series (31 games played to date) that is the average score. DB leads 24-7 in the series. Graham Clark has owned the Bears in Burchfield Stadium (10-1)

Last years game was the same situation... great Sevier County offense expected to beat the Indians and they couldn't do it. Even though the highly touted QB last year was going up against 2 Soph. D-Backs that had 3 starts apiece.... the Bears couldn't beat Clark and DB... those 2 D-Backs are starting their 16th game each tonight.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Over the series (31 games played to date) that is the average score. DB leads 24-7 in the series. Graham Clark has owned the Bears in Burchfield Stadium (10-1)

Last years game was the same situation... great Sevier County offense expected to beat the Indians and they couldn't do it. Even though the highly touted QB last year was going up against 2 Soph. D-Backs that had 3 starts apiece.... the Bears couldn't beat Clark and DB... those 2 D-Backs are starting their 16th game each tonight.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

That will be a real statement of the defense can hold SC to 17 points.

Penalties beat the Bears last year, along with the DB run game. The stud O Tackles are gone along with Russell and much like the tribe CBs the Bears DL is now starting their 16th games and that is why I am going with the Bears. I think they stop the run and thats the difference. I hope both teams play lights out and the refs dont have much opinion. Its a given if either team makes many mistakes it will cost them. Lets hope for no injuries and a barn burner either way.

GoBears!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

I seriously hope you're not counting on 2 Jr DBacks that have started 15 games to win THIS game for DB against SC's "highly touted QB". If you're going on experience only, DB loses by 8 TDs. Deuce, Devante and Dorian have all started at least 40 games each. 

SC threw for 350 yards against those 2 experienced dbacks last year and Wallace also ran for a 65 yd TD and walked into the endzone untouched. The more realistic thing to consider in a game like this are the "current" players and their strengths. SC graduated 22 last year but then here comes JD Griffin. He and the LB corp are one of the best I've seen in HS. Banks is a speed demon that has something to prove and Deuce is a QB with nothing to lose along with Devante that is just fearless (those 2 experienced Dbacks might want to double team him). Miniard is a kamakaze that is not afraid to hit and neither are the rest of the dbacks. The DLine has done an outstanding job. The only weaknesses I've seen are the OLine and some of the young receivers not knowing the correct routes. That will come as the year progresses and, hopefully, peaks in November. 

So be careful with how you pick this game. This SC team is different than previous teams. The players really don't care how they win...they just want to win. If the O can do it, then they will. If the D has to do it, then they will. If they have to throw the ball 80 times or if they run the ball 80 times, it doesn't matter to this team. Very unselfish.

Not saying that you're prediction is that far off but you have to look at the "now" talent. I wouldn't pick against SC regardless but it's not going to be a runaway for either team. Good luck to DB! I have a ton of respect for their players and Coaching staff. The whole team and community are a class act and represent NE TN very well. Going to be a great game and great atmosphere!

For the record....SC wins by 7....28-21

I seriously hope you're not counting on 2 Jr DBacks that have started 15 games to win THIS game for DB against SC's "highly touted QB". If you're going on experience only, DB loses by 8 TDs. Deuce, Devante and Dorian have all started at least 40 games each.

SC threw for 350 yards against those 2 experienced dbacks last year and Wallace also ran for a 65 yd TD and walked into the endzone untouched. The more realistic thing to consider in a game like this are the "current" players and their strengths. SC graduated 22 last year but then here comes JD Griffin. He and the LB corp are one of the best I've seen in HS. Banks is a speed demon that has something to prove and Deuce is a QB with nothing to lose along with Devante that is just fearless (those 2 experienced Dbacks might want to double team him). Miniard is a kamakaze that is not afraid to hit and neither are the rest of the dbacks. The DLine has done an outstanding job. The only weaknesses I've seen are the OLine and some of the young receivers not knowing the correct routes. That will come as the year progresses and, hopefully, peaks in November.

So be careful with how you pick this game. This SC team is different than previous teams. The players really don't care how they win...they just want to win. If the O can do it, then they will. If the D has to do it, then they will. If they have to throw the ball 80 times or if they run the ball 80 times, it doesn't matter to this team. Very unselfish.

Not saying that you're prediction is that far off but you have to look at the "now" talent. I wouldn't pick against SC regardless but it's not going to be a runaway for either team. Good luck to DB! I have a ton of respect for their players and Coaching staff. The whole team and community are a class act and represent NE TN very well. Going to be a great game and great atmosphere!

For the record....SC wins by 7....28-21

SC beat up on a weak West team by 3. I'm taking SC by 28! That DL for SC is incredible and manhandled that bunch from West.