District 8AA 2015-2016

8AAwatcher

I see your point ref83, if you are the 1 seed you would like a tune up game and would think you could get past the 8. Rest could help or hurt the 1. Time will tell. And I agree, anyone of the top 6 could potentially win the tournament. 

Still nice knowing you are automatically in the region. 

Edited by 8AAwatcher

Come on, the top 6 could win this thing? Top 3 maybe but not top 6...

Does anyone really want to say that Central Magnet could win this tournament? Upperman beat them by 30+ and they have yet to prove they can beat either Smith County or Livingston.

Not hating just saying...

And who do you consider the Top 3?

Hard to find a clear cut top 3 when the current top 3 are 5-2 and the the next 3 are 4-3. The next few games might help put some distance between teams or just clutter it up even worse. 

Just for fun… After the first round through, who does everyone like to win the tournament? Who is your sleeper? Top players thus far. 

Smith or Upperman

POY - Blevins - YAI (is this a run away or does anyone else have a chance)

Players worthy of first team: (no particular order)

Huff - SC

Guffey - UHS

Ashburn - MC

Shrum - UHS

King - SC

McWilliams - UHS

Shepperson - SC

McPherson - MC

Endicott - UHS

Carlisle - MC

Miller - LA

Hayes - LA

Baldwin - YAI

Come on, the top 6 could win this thing? Top 3 maybe but not top 6...

Does anyone really want to say that Central Magnet could win this tournament? Upperman beat them by 30+ and they have yet to prove they can beat either Smith County or Livingston.

Not hating just saying...

I think the top 6 all have a chance.

York can win on Blevins alone, plus they have that kid that can shoot the three. Might be Baldwin (not positive on that name).

Upperman will win or lose off of the three ball.

Smith is loaded with playmakers.

Macon has lacked consistency, but some nights they look great. If they get hot, they can win.

Livingston is a solid team that can beat anybody on a good night (once again, if they get hot they can win).

Central is the least likely, but they could win if they can avoid Upperman and if teams keep sleeping on them. I'm interested to see this team go through the District again though. They will either play better because their youth will have more expirience, or they will get beat bad because teams won't overlook them again.

Magnet plays hard and well coached, just does not have the athletes or consistent scoring currently to be considered a top 4 team. 

District is very balanced. I think 3 or 4 losses might win the district. If one team can win the district out right without being tied it will be amazing. 

Looking at region tournament, I do like 8AA's top 4 to possibly sweep 7AA.