Marion Co @ Boyd Buc

reaction

I saw twice where jasper players led with helmets and so called "targeted" our players too

When I played in school I was a dirty player too my shame. Fortunately I grew up. We (Boyd) DO NOT play dirty.

CGR would never allow that.

If anyone doesn't believe me just watch the films of the Rockwood playoff game last year. We had a very important player start to act a fool during an important part of the game and CGR pulled him for the rest of the game. We are physical but we are NOT, NOT, NOT dirty.

Great post and so true. I would have a little more respect for the Coach as well if he would have given any credit whatsoever to Boyd but he did not. All he mentioned was they played bad. How about he got out coached, Boyd outplayed them, and they did just lose to a better team on that night. Period. No excuses. IF next time comes around I'm sure it will be another game. Shame with the way the brackets set things up they could not have chance to meet in finals in Cookeville.

I garuntee you that is the SOS for you. He got out coached and out played by that Reynolds man. You think im joking but im not.

Since you now know more about BB, Old Pirate is jest wondering ifin you were referring 13 pts offensively?

Yes I meant what I said. Boyd has the team to go to Cookeville if they stay healthy. They will have some tough playoff games coming and could possibly face the Warriors again. Just remember I say if they're healthy they could go to cookeville. IF THEY'RE HEALTHY

Yes I meant what I said. Boyd has the team to go to Cookeville if they stay healthy. They will have some tough playoff games coming and could possibly face the Warriors again. Just remember I say if they're healthy they could go to cookeville. IF THEY'RE HEALTHY

The Bucs barely beat the Pirates last year, hard to believe they have improved so much. Hope Walters gets back soon!

The Bucs barely beat the Pirates last year, hard to believe they have improved so much. Hope Walters gets back soon!

It's amazing what a year older and weight room will do for kids. Also it seems like the senior leadership is 1000x better than last year. I would love to see them get to a title game again it's been way to long and these boys deserve it, that being said they will have to fight their tails off to do it. They will possibly have to beat tyner and jasper both again which is sad.

Don't you have some banks to close down?? Good thing for Boyd that you helped run their defensive coordinator off at sp because little Johnny wasn't good enough to play on some of his teams. Old tiger, it's time to step away.

Another year of maturity, and Senior leadership.   Had little Sr. leadership last year, plus these guys have been playing together for a long, long time.  They all hang out together, and are best friends.  Team chemistry is great as well, which goes a long ways.

That was a good game Friday. I knew these kids had it in them to be a good team. Marion County has a very good team as well. I watched the news video of the kid getting hit a few times. There is no way with a play going full speed and a kid getting spun around that another kid was able to target a moving object that accurately. The kid shouldn't have dropped his head because he could easily hurt himself as well as others. I played for Coach Reynolds and he does not teach dropping your head to tackle. I believe it was an unfortunate play that happens some time. Hope #4 has a speedy recovery.

My sincere apologies for things I said earlier. In this case, I am guilty of overreacting to comments made on a message board which is out of character and not acceptable. Probably don't need to read Coach T after Tennessee loses to Florida. This takes away from a great game played by two teams playing their guts out. The kids don't post on message boards and don't have anything to do with what happened before they came along. They just go out every Friday and do their best without trying to hurt anyone. I know both teams are coached that way. We all want to represent our school the proper way, and I probably failed to do that in this case. People make mistakes but you have to own them. Best of luck (injury free) to both teams going forward.  

Well my comment was actually more toward Mr Rikberry. But again, I get it if it's blatant but it didn't look intentional to me. I've watched it a half dozen times. I'm sure Ross will turn it in to the TSSAA. If it was a helmet to helmet they will suspend the player for a game. They are pretty strict on that stuff. I'm not bias like some I just enjoy good football. It looked like a bang bang play and accidental to me everytime I have watched it. If Walters hadn't got spun around awkward we wouldn't even be discussing it. Like I said before it was unfortunate and everybody was praying for the kid to be ok. My thing is if it's not excuses then what's the agenda? Everyone keeps bringing it up over and over and continue talking about refs missing calls, home cooking etc. You are one of the few they gave any credit to Boyd where most have not. Most just give excuses as to why y'all lost not why Boyd won, but what do I know though? I'm just a outsider giving my humble opinion.

Well you are wrong cause I never said it was a cheap shot.  I told everyone I was sitting next to that the when a player is going down many times the tackler hits high and it wasn't a late or cheap hit in my oppinion.

I never said anything about the officating. I believe that we deserved most every call that went against us, there were may unhappy MC fans around me that disagreed when I said so.  HIstorically it is BB that gets hosed by the officials, so if they did get the benefit of some calls they probably deserve them.

Fact is that BB was the better team Fri and we'll probably get to see a rematch over there.

I did take exception to the fact that even when there is a serious injury some of yall can't drop the bone.  I appologize for participating in conversations and incouraging idiots.  I won't do it again, some of yall are sick and sad.  The fact that I am responding to you means that I don't think you are an idiot, so I have no issue with you.

Edited by rikberry