South Pittsburg vs Grundy (Grider against this Tate man)

Roy Dillard

Thats where your wrong jack..been of high praise for Grundy ever since i moved up here..ive backed all the coaches until it was thought that they outta leave..coach Tate will have his 3-5 years to improve the football team and if he wont then of course we would have to look for someone else..as much as i would like coach Tate as a friend and as a ball coach everybody knows at the end of the day its all bout wins and losses..i believe that he will improve Grundy county and time will tell whether im right or im wrong

i can admit when I'm wrong, unlike you, and maybe I am. I hope you do give Coach Tate a chance. I think he is the right guy. Good luck.

you need to add 1990 and 1991 to that list also. Still the pirates have dominated the series.  Grundy has had a lot of issues over the years. lets hope the program is on the rise. Grundy has had some good years, but those only came under quality coaches like KC and Pic. Hopefully Tate can push the program in the right direction. Only time will tell.

I don't think so.  I haven't gone back to check the years, but it is 3.

Trousdale is a better ball team then south Pitt year and year out..union city is a better ball team CPA is a better ball team..i think that it has more to do with south Pitts speed and region as to why they have so much success..

SP is 3 - 3 against TC in the playoffs including 4 semifinal games (93/94/98/99).  The winner of those 6 games eventually won the title game. 

Grundys record would be a winning record if they were in division 1..south Pitt has a cupcake region schedule year in and year out..sale creek,lookout valley, whitwell, once in every 5-10 year copper basin turns out a decent team..if Grundy would have playe whitwell week 2 or later i gaurantee that game woulda been a w or atleast a lot closer..south Pitt does not deserve to be in the same class as maryville, Alcoa,CAK, CPA..south Pitt can be measured agaisnt the likes of other 1 a schools like union city..when south Pitt can move up to 3a or higher then you can talk about dominance once yall start winnin somethin up there

You are the one coming in here talking about dominance and got schooled.  You have really shown your Ignorance.  SP has been to the dance in every decade the playoffs have been held.  In 1969 and the 70s, it was super hard to make it.  Plus, until 1993, there were only A-AA-AAA as classes, yet they had been to the playoffs and done well.   Take a look in the 90s how many times they went up against the alphabet schools like DCD, FRA, BGA, FCS etc. and usually won in the playoffs and when they didn't it was a 2 or 3 point game. 

http://www.tennprepdb.com/playoffsgames.aspx?Team1=South%20Pittsburg

Thats where your wrong jack..been of high praise for Grundy ever since i moved up here..ive backed all the coaches until it was thought that they outta leave..coach Tate will have his 3-5 years to improve the football team and if he wont then of course we would have to look for someone else..as much as i would like coach Tate as a friend and as a ball coach everybody knows at the end of the day its all bout wins and losses..i believe that he will improve Grundy county and time will tell whether im right or im wrong

What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you PM name is Mike, not Jack. If it was it would be pirate Jack. Let me ask you a question. Why didnt you answer my question? What is considered a successful season on top of the hill? 5-5 with a mercy rule in effect on the jackets first round? I garuntee you the jackets would not even tasted the durn championship game if they was playing in 1a. Heck they are 3-45 against the pirates. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

I believe he's right. 5 times in 45 years.

Thanks ambassador. That's the 1st time I think you've agreed with anything I've said. I feel like I should get a free coacht shirt or hat. Seriously Pickett had some really good years in the early 90's with them mountain boys. Never could beat those good teams that KC had then but always competed and jasper new they were in a fight. One class won 3 out of 4 against S.P. That was when you could consider games with Grundy to be a rivalry. Would be nice to see Grundy compete year in and year out.

Off the subject of high school but on the subject of football at Grundy...when I played little league back many moons ago there was a North Grundy and a South Grundy. Is that still the same? Why not be just...Grundy. Was it something to do with being Coalmont or Monteagle? Also, one of them actually had a football field, but the other we played in the outfield of the a baseball field. It seems like North was mostly purple with some yellow, but South was mostly yellow with some purple. Sorry, just going down memory lane, which my memory isn't too good these days so correct me if I'm wrong.