Cannon county worst coached team?

owls1

This program has been bad most of the time over the last 35 years. The problem starts at the top  and comes down to the coaching staff. The program could play with other teams back in the 1970's but once the play went from Class A to Class AA the level of play went down except for a few seasons since that time.This problem can be and should be shared by many people. I was told that three years ago the head coach could hire ONE  PAID  Assistant Coach I hope that was not true. The effort to be good has never been there and what you now see is the result. I feel bad for the kids that care.  

I remember seeing them play a couple games about 12 or so years ago and thinking this program was very poorly coached back then as well. I seen them play both Trousdale County and Smith County and they pretty much ran the same 2 plays the entire game. They would try to ram it up the middle on 1st down and then throw it deep on 2nd and 3rd down to the same receiver regardless of coverage.

Since 1993 cannon county is 47 wins 173 loses. 3 seasons they went .500 or better. They are 1-2 in playoff appearances. To change a program like that would take a lot of work..i would imagine that the same school board has been in office for that whole time probably would need to change that first..it takes an entire community to get a football team turned around..hire a coach with a winning record would help preferably someone out of county..encourage all boys to try out for football from the time theyre knee high all the way up to seniors..get a foundation built then go from there..i like cannon county beautiful place good people and good food..i hope that they will be able to change it around..but most of all what do you expect out of cannon? I would consider a 5-5,6-4,7-3 season to be a success plus a trip to the playoffs maybe even get to the quarter finals..its really hard for small rural schools like Grundy and cannon to make it to state..a lot of things would need to happen..furthest Grundy ever got was to the quarter finals lost a heart breaker my sophomore year by a 43 yard field goal kick with 3 seconds left on the clock..we finished the season 8-2 one of the best years we ever had..stick to an offensive play style and have all of the pee wee teams run that play book..its what we do at Grundy and it does help..were down this year but soon we will be back to normal maybe even be better then that

• Upvote 1

How long can you be this bad and not have a coaching change? Honestly it's ridiculous. It's embarrassing for the kids, the school, and the community.

If this result had been in basketball since 1993, we will just double it, 94 wins and 346 losses would something change with how the programs would be operated or do you just let it go on. That comes out to about 3 or 4 wins a year. Just something to think about.