Cannon county worst coached team?

owls1

I watched the game last night on DTC. Watched it all, only time I have seen Cannon play I am at a loss of what to say. People had told me but until you see it you just can not believe it. Could anyone name five teams in the state that they could play with not beat, because I do not know if they ould beat anyone.How many did they have dressed I could count maybe 23 or 24.If something does not change why would anyone want their boy to play next year. Got to feel for the parents and players that do care. If I had a boy that wanted to play and had any ability at all and nothing changes I would be looking at crossing the border in some direction. Wow Someone told me the other day that the football program might be just dropped you could say that it has already happened.

Edited by redmolly

You are right Cannon County has a coach that wants to be there friend and not their coach.  It is OK to be there "BUDDY" but at what point do you start being their coach.  THese kids deserve better than what is going on there at Cannon County.  And the sad part is that they have some good athletes and have lost some good athletes because of the coaching. I mean you have #24 that will be a senior next year that is a beast at fullback but because no one can block yanno why because the have no coach.  I watched this game last night and from what I seen Cannon County had one coach that was getting into the players butt but looked like to me this "awesome" head coach stopped it.. Crazy right I agree.  I believe that the way they were playing if I was a coach I would have been all up in their face but I would probaly start with the head coach.  Just a sad sad situation. It is pathethic and from what I hear I really hope that if their is no coaching coach that kids like #24 and that Sophomore Lineman that transferred in will consider going somewhere else to play ball.. All those kids deserve a chance and with this coach they do not have one.  Sad to see very sad to see but looks like the good ole boy system is alive and well in Cannon County with no thoughts of what you are doing to those players.  In my opinion looks like this head coach would be man enough to stand up for the kids sake and say well this is not working let me move on so they can get someone else.   But I also see the reason he doesn't yanno what that is ??? No one else would have him as a head coach either.  So sad for those boys.  Maybe what is said on here is true maybe next year those boys will at least have the opportunity to have a coach that is worried about teaching them a little about football and alot about life.  Really hope this changes or if I was #24 and that sophomore linemans parents we would be going elsewhere.. End of Rant But WAKE UP CANNON CANNON THOSE KIDS DESERVE BETTER!!!!!!

Edited by semperfimom1974

I watched the game last night on DTC. Watched it all, only time I have seen Cannon play I am at a loss of what to say. People had told me but until you see it you just can not believe it. Could anyone name five teams in the state that they could play with not beat, because I do not know if they ould beat anyone.How many did they have dressed I could count maybe 23 or 24.If something does not change why would anyone want their boy to play next year. Got to feel for the parents and players that do care. If I had a boy that wanted to play and had any ability at all and nothing changes I would be looking at crossing the border in some direction. Wow Someone told me the other day that the football program might be just dropped you could say that it has already happene

i hear ya totally

Hey semperfimom i keep thinking about the Cannon football program. Do you know, did anybody on the school board members every play football, when the program or on another program when the play was at least average. Does at least someone have a clue as what needs to be done so the kids would have a fighting chance?  How many are on the school board. What about the director and or the principal or assistant principals at the high school, did any of them ever play football? You may not know any of these answers to these questions. Might help to explain why things are the way they are. Good Luck 

I saw the game last night. CC had about 25 dressed out. There is/was some passion for football there, I saw it in 2009 but not now. 

The worst coached team??   I'll let you decide......last night (not once but twice) a time out was called because the PUNT team didn't have enough on the field.  9 kids the 1st time 8 kids the second. As much as CC has had to punt this year, and last year you would think that is 1 formation they would have down pat. That my friend is because of,or rather lack of, coaching.

The few that are playing are playing hard, without direction, and there are some good looking athletes out there

Cannon County needs more than a good HC. They need a committed administration, significant financial backing, and a developed feeder system. Until those are in place, they're going to be nothing but a basketball town

Right on!!!  Why would anyone want to coach at a high school that had no Middle School  would any  Rutherford  County team ,no not even MTCS. Someone said on here the other day that the U had 40 8th graders playing on their Middle School team.

I was going to apply for a teaching/coaching position up there in the mid-90s. I drove over from Murfreesboro to take a look at the town and school. (Woodbury is very quaint and a nice looking place.) It was obvious, though, that CC was a very tight knit group of people. After I left the administration office, I wadded up the application and threw it in the garbage at the Sonic - never applied. Until these small counties get themselves off the back burners with local good-ole-boys, they will never be successful. And yes, it hurts the kids. A small town doesn't have to win a state championship every year or two, but to be competitive means a lot to the kids and instills pride in their schools and communities.

Edited by @38320

And sounds like DCtigerfan might actually be trying for the job himself. I dont know if he would be the right man for the job though. He did leave at half time of the DC-MC slaughter....thats a little to muc on the front runner side to take serious.

If you're asking me to be your assistant then I'll have to think about it good buddy. You would have to give me full control over the defense.

I was going to apply for a teaching/coaching position up there in the mid-90s. I drove over from Murfreesboro to take a look at the town and school. (Woodbury is very quaint and a nice looking place.) It was obvious, though, that CC was a very tight knit group of people. After I left the administration office, I wadded up the application and threw it in the garbage at the Sonic - never applied. Until these small counties get themselves off the back burners with local good-ole-boys, they will never be successful. And yes, it hurts the kids. A small town doesn't have to win a state championship every year or two, but to be competitive means a lot to the kids and instills pride in their schools and communities.

That's exactly what happened and is going on here in DC. We use to be CC basically. Our 1 win a year was against Cannon County. We didn't listen to all the outside voices and took a chance on hiring an unproven coach. Coach Trapp was literally the pee wee coach when we hired him. The taking heads wasn't happy.