Loudon @ CAK

AMYoung

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got a prediction? What are Loudon's strengths this year?

Other than the GB game in which we played very bad and turned the ball over on almost every possesion it felt like Loudon is very weak this yr.M Central put over 60 on them.I say CAK will be in a running clock starting the 4th.Prediction?you name it it may come true!LOL. Edited by orngnblk

I remember that play like it was yesterday. It happened to be literally right in front of where I was located. To date, having watched a LOT of HS football, it is the most egregious, totally one sided, unsportsmanlike play I've ever seen. High had his back to him, the play had been over and whistled dead for seconds, and he was slammed to the ground by a frustrated player (because they were being dominated on the field of play), as you said, in a "suplex" wrestling move, by a much bigger player. But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was the clapping coming from the other stands after he did it and was penalized and shown off the field. The amazing part was that I happened to have my binoculars with me at the game, and it was ADULTS clapping and cheering that conduct. I will never forget that sequence of events, and the shock  when I saw the standing ovation many adults in the home stands were giving that "hero" for intentionally slamming a defenseless 160lb player with his back turned to the ground. It's ok with me if the score is 100-7 this week.  

That had to have been Charlie High's Senior Year? I remember that like yesterday too, i think it was Brett Kendrick who went over and started beating the Loudon Player!Never been a fan of Loudon and I have been to almost ever scholl in the East TN area! I am with you, I hope the Warriors roll tonight, Rusty will call the dogs off if it gets bad? Won't he?

It was, in fact, High's senior year, and it was 70 instead of 63 who was the first to pounce on the Loudon ambusher. I think 63 might have been in the group that actually drew one of the flags when he came to the aid of his fellow OL later in the fracas. As I mentioned earlier, the refs later explained they didn't see the original suplex or the first CAK's player's response.

My sense is that, while Coach Bradley probably still has vivid memories of the wooly games with Loudon a few years ago, he will "call of the dogs" as early as he feels comfortable doing so in order to get the 1's off the field as soon as possible. One of CAK's defensive starters is out this week, hopefully for just one week, but, as a result, two of the offensive players will probably be splitting time on D to fill in for him.

That had to have been Charlie High's Senior Year? I remember that like yesterday too, i think it was Brett Kendrick who went over and started beating the Loudon Player!Never been a fan of Loudon and I have been to almost ever scholl in the East TN area! I am with you, I hope the Warriors roll tonight, Rusty will call the dogs off if it gets bad? Won't he?

Edited by Warriors2011

It was, in fact, High's senior year, and it was 70 instead of 63 who was the first to pounce on the Loudon ambusher. I think 63 might have been in the group that actually drew one of the flags when he came to the aid of his fellow OL later in the fracas. As I mentioned earlier, the refs later explained they didn't see the original suplex or the first CAK's player's response.

My sense is that, while Coach Bradley probably still has vivid memories of the wooly games with Loudon a few years ago, he will "call of the dogs" as early as he feels comfortable doing so in order to get the 1's off the field as soon as possible. One of CAK's defensive starters is out this week, hopefully for just one week, but, as a result, two of the offensive players will probably be splitting time on D to fill in for him.

I've never understood why after CAK won B2B state titles they didnt have even five new players transfer in from that. I scratch my head wondering if Cak gets bumped to DivII will they fall behind because they may not give scholarships like many of the other area Private schools!

I guess a lot will depend on which subdivision of Division II CAK gets put into. If it's the smaller school subdivision, I think CAK will, most years at least, be able to be reasonably competitive against schools like Webb, DCA, Ezell Harding and Franklin Road Academy. CAK would have difficulty competing against the MBA, MUS, Ensworth-type schools in terms of numbers and dollars.

I've never understood why after CAK won B2B state titles they didnt have even five new players transfer in from that. I scratch my head wondering if Cak gets bumped to DivII will they fall behind because they may not give scholarships like many of the other area Private schools!

One of CAK's defensive starters is out this week, hopefully for just one week, but, as a result, two of the offensive players will probably be splitting time on D to fill in for him.

W11 are you at liberty to say which D player will miss tonight?

Also, is there any talk of postponing the game due to weather?

30 will be out of action this week but should just be a one-week absence. My guess is 31 and 9 will split time to fill in for him at LB.

And as for your other question, weather? What weather?

W11 are you at liberty to say which D player will miss tonight?

Also, is there any talk of postponing the game due to weather?

30 will be out of action this week but should just be a one-week absence. My guess is 31 and 9 will split time to fill in for him at LB.

And as for your other question, weather? What weather?

Regarding the weather, since I no longer have a direct pipeline to CAK, I hated to be the one that showed up if the game was cancelled. I would not be surprised at all if some teams elect to move their game to Monday due to smaller gates, injury potential, etc. But I'm gathering you don't see that as a real possibility in this game.

If you or someone else were to hear about any changes, please post them on here for those of us who don't have an easy way to find out.

I hate 30 has to recover but am not surprised, and this is a good week for that to happen. Unless things take an unexpected turn, I see 14 and 9 getting a lot more reps than 31 at ILB. On an unrelated note, I'm a little surprised I haven't seen 15 in on defense at all this year which I'm a little surprised at based on the previous 3 years, but then again, our defense hasn't needed a lot of help. I do wonder if that may happen come play off time....

Also, I have been wondering about 21 & 23. After last year, I kind of assumed 21 would see the bulk of the time at CB along with 8, but have been surprised that he hasn't seen more PT than he has. 23 has done a nice job, I'm just a little puzzled by it.