Oakland vs Warren Co

Pioneersports

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Rutherford will be on fall break next week would quess that all players will not be there but it will make no diffence. many kids will get a chance to play.

Oakland has already used up their bye week, so if any kid chooses not show up without a valid reason, I imagine disciplinary action would be coming in their near future

Some A+B=C math that everybody loves to hate

Warren County has lost to Riverdale and Cookeville by 42 and 30 points.

Blackman beat Riverdale and Cookeville by 38 and 21 points.

Oakland beat Blackman 21-7.

So I'm gonna say 

Oakland 48

Warren County 0

I like the comparison...but, from your numbers, the A + B = C math is actually a lot more lopsided in Oakland's favor. 

As you said:

Warren County lost to Riverdale and Cookeville by 42 and 30 points respectively, which is an average of 36 points. 

Blackman beat Riverdale and Cookeville by 38 and 21 points, respectively, which is an average of 29.5 points.

Oakland beat Blackman by 14 points.

Therefore, if we do the adding, since Warren County is 36 points worse than teams Blackman beat by 29.5 points, and Oakland is 14 points better than Blackman on top of that...that means that Oakland is 79.5 points better than Warren County.

Now, I know that this is NOT a valid way to compare teams whatsoever...I just thought it would be fun to work out the math. I'm not saying that Oakland will win by 79.5, either. But, if they wanted to, I'm pretty sure they could. Patriots by a ton.

Edited by AllRegion

I like the comparison...but, from your numbers, the A + B = C math is actually a lot more lopsided in Oakland's favor. 

As you said:

Warren County lost to Riverdale and Cookeville by 42 and 30 points respectively, which is an average of 36 points. 

Blackman beat Riverdale and Cookeville by 38 and 21 points, respectively, which is an average of 29.5 points.

Oakland beat Blackman by 14 points.

Therefore, if we do the adding, since Warren County is 36 points worse than teams Blackman beat by 29.5 points, and Oakland is 14 points better than Blackman on top of that...that means that Oakland is 79.5 points better than Warren County.

Now, I know that this is NOT a valid way to compare teams whatsoever...I just thought it would be fun to work out the math. I'm not saying that Oakland will win by 79.5, either. But, if they wanted to, I'm pretty sure they could. Patriots by a ton.

I came up with 48-0 because I figure that Oakland will get out to such a big lead that they will play the youngers players the majority of the game.

Kinda like a bye week of sorts

I know their coach and he has a habit of doing that in these sort of games.