Bradley Central 4-2 (1-2) @ the Fred. Dobyns-Bennett 4-2 (2-1)

Indian423

Bradley has a first year DC who has really done well for the most part. Friday Night is the first time we have seen busts like that. So don't depend on that, as I heard him on the sidelines Friday night. He is not a quiet guy. lolol

Offensively, Bradley HAS to get aggressive and STAY that way. Copeland is a very good QB, and can run and throw. But we can't keep trying to live on what we did Friday night. Bubble Screen and sideline passes are now being jumped on by everyone at every level. We have to go down the field and play to our strength's: Strong Arm and ability to run out of trouble. When that happens our backs become weapons and the receivers are dangerous.

Bradley is no doubt the underdog in this, but the Bears will show up and play hard. IF you do that there is a chance... except maybe against Maryville. :)

Now my biggest question of the week... Do I make the 7 hour round trip or not.....

7 hour trip lol. Glad it doesn't take 7 hours to there! I'll be there for sure to support my cousin and da bears! 4 hour trip 3/12 hours. It sucks but I've traveled father for a game. Not bad

7 hour trip lol. Glad it doesn't take 7 hours to there! I'll be there for sure to support my cousin and da bears! 4 hour trip 3/12 hours. It sucks but I've traveled father for a game. Not bad

Oh I have too. Just not for HS games. The furthest road trip previously for Bradley is Murfreesboro, for the Blackman game. Going into Central time helps there.

Geessh. We are the only school within 80 miles in the Super 32 and I think were ranked 17th largest. Even if we dropped in population, students would just move to Walker Valley or Cleveland, and if Walker Valley they would just move to the Super 32 with us. Cleveland might stay 5A.

The rest of the schools in our region are in better shape, but we are screwed on travel. Science Hill only brought probably 500 and no band. Bearden, (and I understand about the weather) maybe 100. Neither brought bands. I have no clue about how Hardin Valley travels, but I don't expect a big crowd there, nor with William Blount. The years we were in the Knoxville Region in 5A none of those teams we played brought big crowds, except maybe Oak Ridge and Farragut.

I don't mind the competition, because I think we are competitive with everyone except maybe Maryville. (But then who really is?) I just hate have to make decisions about taking off work and such arrangements to support my team because of simply ridiculous travel distance. The TSSAA was trying to satisfy the smaller schools (so they don't have to compete with larger schools), so they basically hung us out to dry.

WB has traveled pretty well this year. I would expect a decent crowd unless the weather is bad.

WB has traveled pretty well this year. I would expect a decent crowd unless the weather is bad.

Decent maybe. But going back to the days when we were in that region with you guys, the visiting teams simply did not bring as many as we see when playing in our more natural area. We spent 8 seasons in that region and the visiting crowds were never anywhere near what we see in the local region. Not slamming anyone, but just the reality.

Bradley has a first year DC who has really done well for the most part. Friday Night is the first time we have seen busts like that. So don't depend on that, as I heard him on the sidelines Friday night. He is not a quiet guy. lolol

Offensively, Bradley HAS to get aggressive and STAY that way. Copeland is a very good QB, and can run and throw. But we can't keep trying to live on what we did Friday night. Bubble Screen and sideline passes are now being jumped on by everyone at every level. We have to go down the field and play to our strength's: Strong Arm and ability to run out of trouble. When that happens our backs become weapons and the receivers are dangerous.

Bradley is no doubt the underdog in this, but the Bears will show up and play hard. IF you do that there is a chance... except maybe against Maryville. :)

Now my biggest question of the week... Do I make the 7 hour round trip or not.....

DOBYNS-BENNETT may have the worst fans on Coach T but they have an awesome Friday night. Well worth the trip!

• Upvote 1

bewtifull staydeeum, 400 mimburr baind and Ron Wright's almer mayter, maik tha trip........*ficksed...... :thumb:

I let one of my kids see some Ron Wright vids the other day.Man,he would make the crowd mad.I also talked about how strong Doug Furnas was.I seen him lift for fun after he had worked out earlier that day.It was back in the early 90's.He benched 500 like it was nothing

Edited by BatmanDB