Bradley Central 4-2 (1-2) @ the Fred. Dobyns-Bennett 4-2 (2-1)

Indian423

Guest footballfan100

news travels fast to Johnson city, I heard the news of the suspended player last night also. I heard that he was a starter in the backfield and that the suspension was for several games. I hadn't heard of the lineman that had quit but if so, whats going on over there batman? if this lineman was as strong as you said you son is, that's a huge loss!! as we all know, it all starts on the line!! 

I meant he was probably stronger then anyone on the team last week.I'll put it this way.Some smart remarks have been made when it comes to lifting and football at DB.When I say smart, I mean not everyone on DB's staff should ever have anything to do with strength and conditioning .If you don't have a clue as to how important that is, you , well then.

I meant he was probably stronger then anyone on the team last week.I'll put it this way.Some smart remarks have been made when it comes to lifting and football at DB.When I say smart, I mean not everyone on DB's staff should ever have anything to do with strength and conditioning .If you don't have a clue as to how important that is, you , well then.

As long as you're in the "club" you don't have to have a clue.

You're obviously living in a different universe this week. I just hope the band can pull off another victory for the football team Friday night.

Nah he is probably right. Going into the first game of te season, they was only 2 games I was scared about this year. That's maryville and DB. Only losses I feel like we will lose by 25 plus. I do hope we can keep it close against DB. I just don't see it.

As long as you're in the "club" you don't have to have a clue.

Let me postulate a theorm...  let's say DB cleaned house and brought in new coaches, since this is hypothetical we'll go with Quarles from Maryville.     Ok, so Quarles is not part of the Kingsport good-ole-boy network, would he be successful?    I mean we know he can coach not only HS but instills the system all the way down to peewee, but would he get the support from the community, city leaders, Eastman, etc.?      If the answer is No then the current staff is not totally the problem, it's more of a systemic problem.

This is just a theory, so if I'm way off base I'm sure you guys will say so.   Best of luck against BC tomorrow

Let me postulate a theorm...  let's say DB cleaned house and brought in new coaches, since this is hypothetical we'll go with Quarles from Maryville.     Ok, so Quarles is not part of the Kingsport good-ole-boy network, would he be successful?    I mean we know he can coach not only HS but instills the system all the way down to peewee, but would he get the support from the community, city leaders, Eastman, etc.?      If the answer is No then the current staff is not totally the problem, it's more of a systemic problem.

This is just a theory, so if I'm way off base I'm sure you guys will say so.   Best of luck against BC tomorrow

I'll tell you right now that DB has got some fine coaches nomatter if I have a problem with one or two.I'll go to bat a little.When you play against an offense like SC or a team like Maryville,your going to look bad on one or both sides of the ball.When you have a weak overall team,your going to be limited.DB has a few guys that would make great head coaches and a know a couple that would do some things differently with total control but could they do any better in the end as things are in the system,I don't know.DB tried getting a Maryville state championship winning coach already and it didn't work.The bottom line is  winning games .Coach Clark has won more games and done better then any other coach in the playoff era for DB.That said,the last ten years have absolutely sucked for DB coaches,players,parents,students and fans when you talk playoffs.No other way to put it.I don't have a cure all but what's been cooking in the football playoff kitchen at DB has tasted like shet for quite some time. In no way would I fire this whole staff and try to repalce them because some of them are dang good coaches.

That's way to hypothetical. Quarles wouldn't leave Maryville to come to Kingsport. He has everything set up there and he can relax and do his job. For sure he has nothing to prove. But lets say it's a different coach that's almost as good as Quarles. He would have to clean house. And I mean all the way down to calling in a steam cleaning business to get all the way up in the corners. The AD would have to go and you'd give that job to the head football coach also. He would have to have a firm understanding that he is completely in charge of the football program from the ground up. I think it will happen one day but it will take years. First Clark will have to retire. Then the current AD will hire a terrible coach that will completely destroy what's left of DB football. Only then will the good 'ole boy network be destroyed and replaced with something that works. So your probably looking at around 10 years from now as to when DB football rises back to the top. I think the world ends in 12 years so we won't have much time to enjoy it.

That's way to hypothetical. Quarles wouldn't leave Maryville to come to Kingsport. He has everything set up there and he can relax and do his job. For sure he has nothing to prove. But lets say it's a different coach that's almost as good as Quarles. He would have to clean house. And I mean all the way down to calling in a steam cleaning business to get all the way up in the corners. The AD would have to go and you'd give that job to the head football coach also. He would have to have a firm understanding that he is completely in charge of the football program from the ground up. I think it will happen one day but it will take years. First Clark will have to retire. Then the current AD will hire a terrible coach that will completely destroy what's left of DB football. Only then will the good 'ole boy network be destroyed and replaced with something that works. So your probably looking at around 10 years from now as to when DB football rises back to the top. I think the world ends in 12 years so we won't have much time to enjoy it.

I'd say your dead on as to the AD making a bad hire in a few years.