Week 8: Westview (2-4;1-2) at South Gibson (6-0;3-0) (Class 3A-Region 7)

NotNoahHouck

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if South Gibson wins i do believe they knock Dburg from the playoffs...and they would hold tiebreakers over WV...making SGC the 3rd seed for the time being...

i really dont know about this game...i believe WV is the better team...but SGC just keeps on winning

How is that ? "IF" we win out and Liberty and Milan beat SG, Dburg would have tiebreaker on SG. Correct ??

I don't know about the "we believe in SGC", but I believe that if you contain Beal and Hicks--you win the game. How do you do that? Pretty easy---show blitz, drop to zone, make the weakview QB pass and intercept. Only a couple of kids that can actually beat you deep and they are very fast and talented...identify them every play and dare them to throw. After this game, you might not win again until Milan.

if South Gibson wins i do believe they knock Dburg from the playoffs...and they would hold tiebreakers over WV...making SGC the 3rd seed for the time being...

i really dont know about this game...i believe WV is the better team...but SGC just keeps on winning

How is that ? "IF" we win out and Liberty and Milan beat SG, Dburg would have tiebreaker on SG. Correct ??

so lets just say season goes as follows

liberty 10-0 (7-0)

milan 7-3  (6-1)

SGC beats WV 7-3 (4-3)

WV 5-5  (4-3)

Dburg wins out 6-4 (4-3)

SGC has tiebreaker over WV...WV has tiebreaker over Dburg...Dburg may have head to head over SGC...but SGC has more wins which may or may not be a tiebreaker...i think the next TB is teams faced with winning % over .500...then victories over those teams with .500 winning %

SGC would have 3...Dburg would have 2

just 1 mans opinion

If its a 3 way tie in the scenario above wouldn't D-Burg be 4 and WV be 5 because of overall wins.

The first tie breaker is technically head to head. However, if they all beat each other then you go to most overall wins. That would be South Gibson. With only two teams left you go back to heads up and Martin beat Dyersburg. Same thing happened once with Crockett, Milan and South Side in 2000. And the. Again with Crockett, Milan and Westview a few years later b

The first tie breaker is technically head to head. However, if they all beat each other then you go to most overall wins. That would be South Gibson. With only two teams left you go back to heads up and Martin beat Dyersburg. Same thing happened once with Crockett, Milan and South Side in 2000. And the. Again with Crockett, Milan and Westview a few years later b

Sheesh u been around a while Ha

SGC hosts Westview in 3A-R7. A loss could be fatale to a Westview team with a misleading record while SGC looks to reach 4 region wins in what will be the toughest game of the year. 4 seems to be the magic number on getting a playoff seed in terms of Region wins.

South Gibson's schedule kicks it up a huge notch to close out the season with Westview, @ Liberty, Dyersburg, @ Milan. SGC might have to play a flawless game to get the season's 7th win.

We believe in SGC

Great post man. You really are level headed. I dont think anyone could have said it any better. Id like to meet you. Come up the press box about 615 friday night and introduce yourself. Ill be up the stairs on top of the press box.