Mount Juliet vs Antioch

MJGOLDENBEARS

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope both teams would play a team from Region 4, depending on their seeding

That is wrong.

In the 1st round everybody plays a team from the opposite region based on seeding. But after that it all depends on the bracket and who wins. 

For example (because I don't know where they are sitting at right now in terms of seeding) if Mt. Juliet was the #2 seed and Wilson County was the #6 seed and they both win. They would play in the 2nd round.

They have the 6A playoff bracket on page 4.

http://tssaa.org/football-regulations/

That is wrong.

In the 1st round everybody plays a team from the opposite region based on seeding. But after that it all depends on the bracket and who wins.

For example (because I don't know where they are sitting at right now in terms of seeding) if Mt. Juliet was the #2 seed and Wilson County was the #6 seed and they both win. They would play in the 2nd round.

They have the 6A playoff bracket on page 4.

http://tssaa.org/football-regulations/

Your right. I got confused.

Right now its hard to say who is gonna be seed where for this region.

Ravenwood will be the #1 seed. They would need to have a total meltdown to lose that spot. They are 2 games up on Overton and 1 game up on Mt. Juliet and McGavock and have a head-to-head tiebreaker with those teams. So they would have to lose at least 2 games and have Lebanon, Antioch, Wilson Central and Overton remaining on the schedule. Overton could possibly pull the upset ( I don't think they will) but Ravenwood should easily win those other games.

The #2 and 3 seeds likely won't be decided until that last game of the year between Mt. Juliet and McGavock. They both have lost to Ravenwood and both have beaten Overton.

The #4-6 seeds will likely be decided this week when Franklin plays Wilson Central. Overton already has a tie-breaker over Franklin and I expect Franklin to beat Wilson Central.

Then Lebanon and Antioch will play to see who gets the #7 and 8 seeds and who goes winless in the region. Antioch should have that game circled on their schedule because its likely the only chance they will have to not finish 0-11.

I think it will be

#1 Ravenwood

#2 Mt. Juliet

#3 McGavock

#4 Overton

#5 Franklin

#6 Wilson Central

#7 Lebanon

#8 Antioch

I just looked at Region 4 and have no idea. All I know is that Cordova will be the #1 seed and Bartlett will be the #8 seed. Every other spot in between is up for grabs. Its crazy how those teams have beaten each other. Its either a very competitive region or not a very good one.

Not necessarily. Cordova still has to play Whitehaven and White Station. Trust me, its a competitive region

Edited by MidTennFootball

Not necessarily. Cordova still has to play Whitehaven and White Station. Trust me, its a competitive region

I assumed they were pretty good looking at their games.

I know it isn't always the best indicator but that region in terms of non-region games they are 16-8 and that is with two teams that are 0-3 in non-region games. So the other 6 teams are a combined 16-2 in non-region games. They have 5 teams that are 3-0 in non-region games.

Whereas in Region 3 they are a combined 12-12 and nobody is 3-0 in non-region games.

I just looked at Region 4 and have no idea. All I know is that Cordova will be the #1 seed and Bartlett will be the #8 seed. Every other spot in between is up for grabs. Its crazy how those teams have beaten each other. Its either a very competitive region or not a very good one.

Region 3 is the weakest region in 6-A. Just not very solid top to bottom.

Region 3 is the weakest region in 6-A. Just not very solid top to bottom.

I thought so too at first glance but looking a little further, I found the following:

Region 4: 32-24, 5 @ or above .500

Region 3: 26-26, 6 @ or above .500

Region 2: 27-26, 5 @ or above .500

Region 1: 32-22, 7 @ or above .500

Now, there are some pros and cons to this number crunching: Cons-Bye weeks throw some of this off a little, and I think the non-region games in region 2 & 3 are slightly more difficult (from top to bottom) than in the other two regions. Pros-It's pretty concrete to see a few things like although region 3 may have the worst win-loss (or tied w/2 depending on how you view bye weeks) records, they have the second best overall strength of region based solely on teams that are competitive (wins at or

better than .500) & that although people hammer away at Maryville for scheduling, there is some merit to the fact that they have 7/8 teams at or above .500 and played Fulton & Alcoa out of region...wow! Regardless, that all gets played out in a few weeks anyway; the biggest score from doing this comparison might be that this is definitely a very competitive class overall (the parity is there, at least). For example, Roger Goodell would love these numbers!

Edited by pressman

Win out the next three games and then worry about who to play in the playoffs. I'm still curious if MJ will finish out with a winning record, we will play an underrated Franklin team, followed by a strong Mcgavock team. With that being said finishing the year 6-4 would be a win for the program after beginning 0-3.

I think you finish 7-3 and come in 2nd in the region. More than likely at least a 2nd round playoff game which is great after a rough start.