PLAYOFFS QUESTION

GeneralForrest

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will work like this..

Regions 5 and 6 will face off in the first 3 rounds. With no BYE Week. Then the winnerof Regions 5&6 after rd 3 will Host the wunner of Regions 7&8 in the Semi finals. The winner of that game will play the winner from Regions 1-4 out of the East.

This is how the playoffs would work if the season ended today...

ROUND 1:

Reg. 5 #1 would host the #4 team from Reg. 6

Reg. 5 #2 would host the #3 team from Reg. 6

Reg. 6 #1 would host the #4 tean from Reg. 5

Reg. 6 #2 would host the #3 team from Reg. 5

ROUND 2:

Reg. 5 #1 (NcS) if they win would play Region 6 lowest seed remaining (#2 Huntingdon)

Reg. 6 #1 (WC) would host the lowest seed left from Reg. 5 (#2 Jo Byrns)

ROUND 3:

The winners of those 2 games would play in the quarterfinals and whoever wins who get the winner of Regions 7&8 in the Semi's.

**The 2nd rd is based on my predictions on the seedings and could be off come playoffs but hopefully this explained it to you better than what you did know!**

**Also note that Region 6 controls their own destiny for home field advantage as this yr we have are in the bracket to get Home Field thru out**

If two number ones face in round three,who gets to host??

No if 2 #1 face off in round three it goes to odd/even years. The odd years (2015) the top of the bracket hosts and even years the bottom bracket hosts.

The bad thing about the current system is that it sets up a competitive imbalance over time.  The champs of Regions 1, 4, 5, and 8 could host both the quarterfinals and semifinals in the same year, and have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. This year if the champs of Region 1 and 5 win out, they’ll host all 4 games. Whereas, the champs for Regions 2, 3, 6, and 7 will  never host both the 3rd round and 4th round games unless there is an upset in the other parts of the bracket.

Edited by 1RT

It will work like this..

Regions 5 and 6 will face off in the first 3 rounds. With no BYE Week. Then the winnerof Regions 5&6 after rd 3 will Host the wunner of Regions 7&8 in the Semi finals. The winner of that game will play the winner from Regions 1-4 out of the East.

ROUND 1:

ROUND 2:

Reg. 5 #1 (NcS) if they win would play Region 6 lowest seed remaining (#2 Huntingdon)

ROUND 3:

The winners of those 2 games would play in the quarterfinals and whoever wins who get the winner of Regions 7&8 in the Semi's.

**The 2nd rd is based on my predictions on the seedings and could be off come playoffs but hopefully this explained it to you better than what you did know!**

**Also note that Region 6 controls their own destiny for home field advantage as this yr we have are in the bracket to get Home Field thru out**

Region 6 does not control their own destiny - the #1 seed of region 6 is in the bottom bracket and the #1 seed of region 5 is in the top bracket - top bracket gets to host in odd numbered years and bottom bracket gets to host in even numbered years. 

Now, if the TSSAA doesn't flip the brackets every 2 years there's no way the #1 seeds from region 2, region 3, region 6 and region 7 control their own destiny and have home field throughout the playoffs.

The bad thing about the current system is that it sets up a competitive imbalance over time.  The champs of Regions 1, 4, 5, and 8 could host both the quarterfinals and semifinals in the same year, and have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. This year if the champs of Region 1 and 5 win out, they’ll host all 4 games. Whereas, the champs for Regions 2, 3, 6, and 7 will  never host both the 3rd round and 4th round games unless there is an upset in the other parts of the bracket.

Somehow I overlooked your post before I posted on this matter. Glad someone else sees this.

It will work like this..

ROUND 1:

ROUND 2:

ROUND 3:

so if UC is the 1 Dresden is the 2 and Trenton is the 3 and they all win the first round and the 1 seed of the other region beats their 4 seed, the second round would be UC vs Dresden and the other 1 seed vs Trenton?

so if UC is the 1 Dresden is the 2 and Trenton is the 3 and they all win the first round and the 1 seed of the other region beats their 4 seed, the second round would be UC vs Dresden and the other 1 seed vs Trenton?

I dont think so,i believe it would be UC vs Trenton.The one and two from the same region wouldnt play till the quarters,if im not mistaken. Edited by orngnblk

No. It goes to the higher seed. What he is talking about is if both No. 1 or 2 (etc.) face each other then which ever is in the top bracket gets homefield.

but he said the higher seed of one region plays the lowest seed of the other region in round 2 so the 1seed from region 8 would play the lowest seed from region 7 which would be Trenton at 3 right?