GCA travels to sweetwater

Raven52

Our game against them was kind of a fluke. We scored 2 TD's in our 1st 3 offensive plays. They were shell shocked and sort of layed down. Ever time they would mount a drive we would create a turnover. They had 5 turnovers in that game. One of those weird games where everything we did turned to gold. Perfect storm.

If you have watched GCA ball at all since McKamey took over shock and awe is his MO.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree somewhat.21-28 at the half and 48-7 Mac likes a good 42 point difference if he can get it especially on the teams that used to be very good teams.Likes to send a message,ask me how i know!LOL.SW back in the day was ALOT like Alcoa vry athletic and was the team to beat to win the State.

I agree somewhat.21-28 at the half and 48-7 Mac likes a good 42 point difference if he can get it especially on the teams that used to be very good teams.Likes to send a message,ask me how i know!LOL.SW back in the day was ALOT like Alcoa vry athletic and was the team to beat to win the State.

Sweetwater has three state championships to their name. Not sure what has happened down there in the past few years though. Things change as time goes on I guess but I do remember well them being the team you had to deal with if you went anywhere.

Sweetwater has three state championships to their name. Not sure what has happened down there in the past few years though. Things change as time goes on I guess but I do remember well them being the team you had to deal with if you went anywhere.

Barney, this team is tougher than their record shows this year, at least that's what I've seen. As Tiger said, the RW thing happened quick and they were shell-shocked. Outside of that game, SW has competed well. LB, how do you see this one?

Barney, this team is tougher than their record shows this year, at least that's what I've seen. As Tiger said, the RW thing happened quick and they were shell-shocked. Outside of that game, SW has competed well. LB, how do you see this one?

Well Pride I think we have a tough core group of kids that have needed some time to grasp the new offense. 3 Head Coaches in last 4 years has took a toll but the boys have bought into the new system just didn't have much time to learn it before season started. Against Rockwood we fell apart from the get go like Tiger said. Best back went out on kickoff and didn't play rest of the game. Shock ensued and 5 turnovers later Rockwood's heading back across the interstate. Not sure if SW could have beaten RW but I think it could have been more competitive ball game. I look for a competitive game Friday night against the Rams.

Edited by LinebackerU87

Well Pride I think we have a tough core group of kids that have needed some time to grasp the new offense. 3 Head Coaches in last 4 years has took a toll but the boys have bought into the new system just didn't have much time to learn it before season started. Against Rockwood we fell apart from the get go like Tiger said. Best back went out on kickoff and didn't play rest of the game. Shock ensued and 5 turnovers later Rockwood's heading back across the interstate. Not sure if SW could have beaten RW but I think it could have been more competitive ball game. I look for a competitive game Friday night against the Rams.

Kinda what I look for too. Got a question for you. #15 didn't play last week at QB, is he injured? I was looking forward to watching him play. Kid is a great story.