Alcoa@Kingston

Jacketsfan2001

At least on the coach t poll Alcoa is only 95% favorite.every year its been 100%.we must be making some progress lol.this is going to be a tough game.I'm just glad to be back into the playoffs after a couple bad years

Congrats to you all this year. You all have a lot to be proud of. Like I said earlier, even if this game goes like 95% of the people are picking, there is no shame in it. I hate games like this when you're a team doing good and have a lot of confidence and then you play someone like Alcoa. I'm not writing Alcoa off as the winners before they play but I just hope your boys keep their heads up and keep trucking along if they do lose. If you lose, hopefully it will be closer than expected and that will boost your confidence even more.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least on the coach t poll Alcoa is only 95% favorite.every year its been 100%.we must be making some progress lol.this is going to be a tough game.I'm just glad to be back into the playoffs after a couple bad years

When Kingston is doing well and playing competitive, it's good for Roane County football! I'm glad to see Coach Pankey having the success he's having as he deserves it. He's rebuilt this program in a great way and a year sooner than what I anticipated!

Kingston used to kill Alcoa back in my day and won the State Championship in AA back in 1973 when only eight teams from each three classes could go to the playoffs. Now days winning championships comes a lot cheaper when your winning over sixty teams and three quarters of the teams make the playoffs. You really have to suck not to make the playoffs now. I wished we would go back to three classes.

Edited by BarneySox2007

And times have changed.Alcoa has a great program. Kingston has fell off some.especially since 2001.that's the year I graduated.but I think now we have a good coach who the kids love to play for.we needed a bounce back season after the last two years.numbers are going back up.hopefully we will have them where they need to be around 80 kids.and provide depth.