Scotts Hill @ Waverly Central

lionsfan99

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking maybe number 4

Oh WOW! That might change my Opinion of the winner!

Russ is a Jr WR and is the leader in Catches and Rec. yards & Rec TDs.

He has 34 Rec for 658 yds 10 TDs

And he also is 3rd on the team in tackles with 45.

Thats a MAJOR blow to the team if he indeed is out this week!

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Come on trader ? Tell us For sure! I think it's a rumor

Not a rumor...he got baited into a slap. Coach warned the guys and the ref's that this might happen beforehand, yet he retaliated and got caught. I watched the entire game and didn't realize that a player had been ejected...had to be close to the end. I think that we'll miss #4 more on D than catching passes, there are receivers capable of filling the void...Russell will lay out some serious licks on the other side of the ball that backs and receivers don't forget though. With #5 getting back on track running the ball, the other wide outs should have a little more room to work with opposite #9, whom you'd better not play 1 on 1. I believe that if both teams play up to their potential SH wins...that hardly ever happens, so whomever catches the first big break, turnover, or whatever establishes momentum in their favor just might have enough advantage to pull it out. Hope for an injury free and well played game by both.

This is one of the games that Scotts Hill fans envisioned when the program was formed...go get that first ever region title Lions...LET EM HEAR YOUR ROAR!!! 

The yammering between Scotts Hill and Riverside works both ways on and off the field. Don't blame Riverside if you can't go to Waverly and man up. Go over there and get the job done and live up to all the local talk of how good you are this year. 

I'm responsible for one person's talk...mine. I've been very respectful to both the fans and program at Riverside, and (in my opinion) realistic about Scotts Hill's team and their chances against others. If we go to Waverly and lose it's not Riverside's fault at all, and you'll never hear me say otherwise. Russell is a great kid, but a kid just the same, and he allowed a player to get under his skin. I assure you that this "issue" has been addressed at practice, and #4 understands his error. Scotts Hill has two losses, but "manning up" has not been a problem...in both losses these kids came back from large deficits to even the score or take the lead, and both coaches we lost to spoke well of our resolve.

In Coach Stroup's tenure here, there has been zero issue's with "dirty" play, and zero ejections until this one...it's a point of pride for the entire staff. The Panthers got whipped on the field, and at least one kid let that get to him to the point of initiating the incident...it happens. The kids only have one set of expectations to live up to, and the only person that knows if that's been met looks back at them in the mirror. By the way...I see that you picked Scotts Hill to "go over there and get the job done"...hope that we can live up to your talk of how good we are.

Edited by tradertwo

I'm responsible for one person's talk...mine. I've been very respectful to both the fans and program at Riverside, and (in my opinion) realistic about Scotts Hill's team and their chances against others. If we go to Waverly and lose it's not Riverside's fault at all, and you'll never hear me say otherwise. is a great kid, but a kid just the same, and he allowed a player to get under his skin. I assure you that this "issue" has been addressed at practice, and understands his error. Scotts Hill has two losses, but "manning up" has not been a problem...in both losses these kids came back from large deficits to even the score or take the lead, and both coaches we lost to spoke well of our resolve.

In Coach Stroup's tenure here, there has been zero issue's with "dirty" play, and zero ejections until this one...it's a point of pride for the entire staff. The Panthers got whipped on the field, and at least one kid let that get to him to the point of initiating the incident...it happens. The kids only have one set of expectations to live up to, and the only person that knows if that's been met looks back at them in the mirror. By the way...I see that you picked Scotts Hill to "go over there and get the job done"...hope that we can live up to your talk of how good we are.

SH had a lot of class and play with a lot of heart. If there's one thing you can count on it's the fact that they don't quit, they get better as the game goes along and that's what has seperated them from most. Edited by wildcat89

So this incident happened against Riverside, Trader??

We had 2 guys get ejected in our game with them and I swear they are the dirtiest team we have played in a long time. That is coming from 2 actual players on our team that said that. Riversides coaches needs to teach their kids how to play the game the RIGHT way and not to grab kids nuts and yank on em. Not to slap and grab their facemasks then cry foul to the refs saying the other team is doing it. Its BS and 2 of the main ones doing it numbers are in the 70s......

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2