Marion @ Bledsoe

TheTruthPrevails

I don't have a problem with Bryce at qb. He did an admirable job last year And has done fine this year. Everyone knows what Logan brings to the table. The above statement had nothing to do with Bryce but was making light of some excuses Bledsoe folks have made. Obviously you are kin to Bryce or close to him and maybe you have hurt feeling toward the situation, but the coaches did what was best for the team. Bryce is a fine athlete and has adjusted well to other positions.

No hurt feelings here. I know the situation. It was play Logan as QB or he was walking. The coaches did what was necessary to keep both boys on the field. They knew Bryce wasn't limited to the QB position, but Logan was. They knew Bryce would do any job he was given, and he has. I feel that both boys contribute to the team but neither will determine how far this team goes. That depends 100% on coaching and cohesion among the players. It doesn't take a football genius to see that the bond isn't what it was last year. It also doesn't take a family member to see when a coach believes winning is more important than loyalty to the team who worked together, against the odds and without Logan,to be where they are. They stayed loyal to the program and knew they needed ALL the team members to get the job done. They were united, as a group. The coach's decision hasn't hurt their talent, but it has divided their unity. You can see it, and, if you listen, you will hear it.

No hurt feelings here. I know the situation. It was play Logan as QB or he was walking. The coaches did what was necessary to keep both boys on the field. They knew Bryce wasn't limited to the QB position, but Logan was. They knew Bryce would do any job he was given, and he has. I feel that both boys contribute to the team but neither will determine how far this team goes. That depends 100% on coaching and cohesion among the players. It doesn't take a football genius to see that the bond isn't what it was last year. It also doesn't take a family member to see when a coach believes winning is more important than loyalty to the team who worked together, against the odds and without Logan,to be where they are. They stayed loyal to the program and knew they needed ALL the team members to get the job done. They were united, as a group. The coach's decision hasn't hurt their talent, but it has divided their unity. You can see it, and, if you listen, you will hear it.

Say what you want, bad mouth kids if you want, but it's time to let it go and enjoy bryces senior year. Truth is they are both great athletes and to act like the coach only moved Logan to qb to appease him is laughable. It is the coaches job to put the best players at the correct positions. Logan is the better qb, no doubt about that. He could also play multiple positions, he certainly wasn't limited to qb only. Not going to get in a pissing contest with you, everyone knows that. Funny thing is the coach gets paid to win so he did what he felt gives him the best chance to return to cookeville. Bryce obviously doesn't have as hard of a time with it as you do, kudos to him!!

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

Say what you want, bad mouth kids if you want, but it's time to let it go and enjoy bryces senior year. Truth is they are both great athletes and to act like the coach only moved Logan to qb to appease him is laughable. It is the coaches job to put the best players at the correct positions. Logan is the better qb, no doubt about that. He could also play multiple positions, he certainly wasn't limited to qb only. Not going to get in a pissing contest with you, everyone knows that. Funny thing is the coach gets paid to win so he did what he felt gives him the best chance to return to cookeville. Bryce obviously doesn't have as hard of a time with it as you do, kudos to him!!

+1

Well put ttp

I was very close to the situation as well. Coach Ross made a tough decision and wrestled with it a lot. He knew there would be backlash from the decision to start Logan. A decision I feel was the right one. Bryce is a great athlete and did lead this team to the finals last year and if not for his heady play in the semis we would have fell 1 yd short. With Bryce at qb you lose him on defense and that's where he has excelled this year as well. You put kids where they make your team the best and that's what the coaches did. Sure Logan could have walked if he didn't get the starting job but he wanted to finish his career where he started. Also being enrolled at MC he couldn't have went anywhere else and played according to Tssaa rules if I'm not mistaken. The kids have handled it well. It's the adults that have the problem and try to be divisive and I have heard that with my own ears. Some comments made at practices and games have been horrible. Sad that a parent would say some things. We have a good team at MC and need everybody all in. And that includes disgruntled family.

Edited by PurplePower68

Comments such as this hurt team unity.

Ok, now I have just been reading all this crap all year. I'm not disgruntled.... Over all this. If Bryce is fine, I'm fine. But all you adults talking about him.. Yea, that is a differ story. He has done nothing but what he been ask to do. And done it quite well. Am I happy about the situation... Not really... Do I think he got screwed... Yea probably... But, I can!!! And I don't care if u think it's momma ball! I see enough daffy ball around here, it will be ok! Now, this is the only time I have posted on this crazy site. I know Dwight hasn't.... ! Thanks Traci

Truth teller that is a joke. Logan was not walking if he wasn't named the qb. The fact is he earned it. You want everyone to get behind the team sounds like u are only behind the the team when #12 is the qb. Really sad when u bad mouth a kid knowing what kind of injury that he had. It's all good though he will be back the Polk Co week. Thanks TTP for having his back. For a that we'd like to know. Logan is getting a lot better he is running and throwing and looks to be ahead of schedule. Thank everyone on coach t for all the prayers and get well wishes

Truth is, no one is bad mouthing Bryce. Looks like all anyone has said was that what a great athlete he was and this and that. Did Logan make a bad decision to leave last year? Absolutely he did. Has no one else ever made a mistake? People deserve second chances and Logan came in and did what he needed to do and wanted to come back and play with the kids that he has grown up with. I have also heard some of the things that purple power has heard and some adults should be ashamed of themselves. Fact is we have an outstanding team and the adults need to get behind all of the kids. If unity is a struggle with the team, then we will find ourselves on the outside looking in at cookeville. They have three weeks to fix that. Twenty years from now those feelings will be gone, but the lasting memory of the kids will be the heartache of not playing for the gold ball.

• Upvote 1