Brentwood @ Henry County

redblooded

I think part of that is due to scheme.  You have a little more freedom as a corner in a cover 2 scheme to play the run and be aggressive since you've got the help over top.  We do still have a lot of work to get done, but I trust this staff. I wouldn't be surprised to see some new wrinkles on both sides of the ball as we march towards November.  

Calm down swam4 the issues that DC took advantage of needs to be fixed straight up. If not now but by the playoffs. I do not believe that Brentwood has a good ground game. But they have a QB that can move around and find the open receiver . He will test us on the edges the corners need to stay at home and do not play run all the time. They come up to fast to play the run and get beat on pass plays

It's cool to see a team with so many avid posters. Wish I could say the same about my team. There will always be those few arrogant posters who would compare their team next to none. Thank you to all the non-bias, good hearted posters who aren't arrogant. As for swarm4 you take the gold medal.

Does anyone agree the loss of McCord had something to do with DC's success passing against us?  He's a real deal playmaker on defense and that was our first game without him.  

I've always given (maybe more than deserved) credit to the idea that when a high school receiver gets totaled just as he catches the ball, the game changes . . . the one that caught the ball doesn't want anything to do with it again and the others start being more careful. McCord was a big part of that particular threat.

We've had a bye week and a lesson from DC about whatever pass defense problem we had. I don't think we will continue to have that problem.  Not with these coaches and the willingness of these boys to do what they are coached to do.

Does anyone agree the loss of McCord had something to do with DC's success passing against us?  He's a real deal playmaker on defense and that was our first game without him.  

I've always given (maybe more than deserved) credit to the idea that when a high school receiver gets totaled just as he catches the ball, the game changes . . . the one that caught the ball doesn't want anything to do with it again and the others start being more careful. McCord was a big part of that particular threat.

We've had a bye week and a lesson from DC about whatever pass defense problem we had. I don't think we will continue to have that problem.  Not with these coaches and the willingness of these boys to do what they are coached to do.

Completely agree and really liked watching that kid play. If you want to catch the ball with him in your area, you will take a lick. Hopefully he will recover and be back next year.

Completely agree. He's an extremely intelligent player and has the ability to meet a runningback in the backfield on one play and then turn around a cover a deep 3rd as a safety the next play.  Just gotta have the "next man up" philosophy. 

As far as Brentwood goes, I don't expect this to be a running clock.  From what little I can tell, they were a bit more competitive with Indy than Centennial was, though that was the first game of the season.  Lost 31-17 to a good 6A Ravenwood and only lost by 8 to a decent 6A team in Franklin.  They beat Rossview and Northeast (who is improving) soundly, and kept it closer than people expected against Centennial.  Not sure why DC was so close, but then again many in the state could say something along the same lines in regard to us giving up 27 against them.

They're well-coached and have some good size.  I expect them to try to grind it out, though I don't think they can.  If they can mix up some passing to keep us from creeping up too far and hold our offense in check it could be a good game.  Hopefully our offense will come out clicking like they did against DC and we'll cut their air off before halftime.  

All I'm trying to say is this is a team that has faced stiff competition and has proven they can win by playing their brand of football.  I think we win, but I'm not sure about all of this 38-0 stuff.  

The way I saw it they would bit on the play action. Wanting to stop the run first. Let's take the second play DC has the ball play action safety out of position down the middle of the field. The scout should have known that they were not a running team. I know what your all going to say most high school live on the run. But most middle tennessee high schools at least the ones I have seen this year throw the ball a lot. I hope we tighten up the pass defense a lot. HCHS 35 BHS 21

Brentwood won't be making the long trip to Paris to lay down and play dead. They have solid coaching and will work to expose what they can about our Defense. I agree that if we come out and play solid, fired up football - then we will take care of business. If we come out and get too wrapped up in the Senior Night activities, then it will be a battle. Looking forward to seeing this one!

Go Big RED!!!

Edited by Drewcephus

Pass defense is a concern. But championship teams run the football, and stop people from running the football. The D-Line for Henry County is probably the best in the state. That being said, the QB will rush his throws as he is running for his life. I predict HC scores at least twice on defense. 38-0...I stand firm.