Smyrna vs Cookeville

milo118

I don't know too much about CHS. Other than they have a stud running back. Smyrna needs to knock the rust off the fall break and forget about the loss to Blackman. Gonna be a battle for sure. A win here sets Smyrna up for a third or better finish in the region. Depending on how they finish the rest of the way. No time to tho k about that. Need to focus and get the job done this Friday first.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played them in a sloppy misty night and were able to keep the running back to 100 yards. There are a few plays that they direct snap to a RB and the a couple of hard running sub QB's Gabe Angel( their receiver is one to watch out for)But If Perkins lines up and runs angry and your qb gets on track it will be a great game. I have to give the edge to the Dawgs on this one . I think the O-line wins the battle here and and Austin Brown shows up big in the secondary. Especially if he stays at home and plays the middle with aggression. 

We played them in a sloppy misty night and were able to keep the running back to 100 yards. There are a few plays that they direct snap to a RB and the a couple of hard running sub QB's Gabe Angel( their receiver is one to watch out for)But If Perkins lines up and runs angry and your qb gets on track it will be a great game. I have to give the edge to the Dawgs on this one . I think the O-line wins the battle here and and Austin Brown shows up big in the secondary. Especially if he stays at home and plays the middle with aggression.

What about their defense? What can we expect?

What about their defense? What can we expect?

Hard to say, I don't know if we were just clicking that well or if they were a little off, but our RB -Dowdy put up 270 on them and the qb  threw for about 100 and ran for 150 If Perkins runs the ball as well as he he has in the past and Okeke  and Turner get hot it will be a long night for Cookeville .  I expect to see Smyrna by at least 2 scores. 

Hard to say, I don't know if we were just clicking that well or if they were a little off, but our RB -Dowdy put up 270 on them and the qb threw for about 100 and ran for 150 If Perkins runs the ball as well as he he has in the past and Okeke and Turner get hot it will be a long night for Cookeville . I expect to see Smyrna by at least 2 scores.

Interesting prediction......

I've been wrong before but I see this game as a toss up

You may be right, MidTenn, but I really based my thoughts on this game as to how they played against us as well as who their wins were with prior. The toughest 2 of the 5 Cookeville wins were to Siegel (after a battle against Oakland week) and Upperman. No disrespect to Siegel (we wll get a tough game against them I am sure) but Cookeville has the toughest part of the schedule ahead of them, while Smyrna played a pretty stout Lavergne team early on , Indy, Blackman, Shelbyville. Who knows for sure ? I guess thats why they show up and play. 

You may be right, MidTenn, but I really based my thoughts on this game as to how they played against us as well as who their wins were with prior. The toughest 2 of the 5 Cookeville wins were to Siegel (after a battle against Oakland week) and Upperman. No disrespect to Siegel (we wll get a tough game against them I am sure) but Cookeville has the toughest part of the schedule ahead of them, while Smyrna played a pretty stout Lavergne team early on , Indy, Blackman, Shelbyville. Who knows for sure ? I guess thats why they show up and play. 

You're dead on man. Smyrna takes this game with relative ease.

They have 4 common opponents

Warren County

lost to Cookeville 42-14 (28 points)

lost to Smyrna by 43-0 (43 points)

Siegel

lost to Cookeville 50-19 (31 points)

lost to Smyrna 45-7 (38 points)

Blackman

won against Cookeville 49-28 (21 points)

won against Smyrna 28-14 (14 points)

Coffee County

lost to Cookeville 42-14 (28 points)

lost to Smyrna 38-3 (35 points)

so both teams went 3-1 against the same opponents

Cookeville scored 162 points while Smyrna scored 140 points

Cookeville allowed 96 points while Smyrna allowed 38 points

Cookeville point differential in region games +66 points

Smyrna point differential in region games +102 points

Smyrna hasn't allowed more than 28 points in a game. They held Blackman to 28 and Independence to 21. They allowed 37 points in their other 5 games combined.

Cookeville has 1 shutout and has allowed +14 points in each the other 6 games.

I'm gonna say

Smyrna 31

Cookeville 20

Good info roller. And I agree Smyrna should win this one hands down. But we can't get complacent. A couple of turnovers here and a couple of stops there and the complexion of this game could look a whole lot different. We are going to have to stop the run and make Cookeville rely on their pass game. As long as we can do that and establish our own run game we should be fine.