Huntingdon @ Wayne County (Week 10)

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Huntington has played the "better" schedule because they beat a very down Milan team that is historically a powerhouse (a program I admire dearly) and a Camden team without their best player (Deshawn)....... Wayne County has been very consistent week in and week out. It's simple I don't see why so many are counting them out

This game is going to tell me if we are as good as I THINK we are. We have 1 weakness that hasn't been exposed yet and it sounds like Wayne Co has the ability to find it...I am also done on this thread until next week...Super Bowl of Region 6 for sure!

getting nervous are we!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I love the whole "this team beat that team, and that team beat this team" argument, teams match up differently w/ one another, the football math doesnt always add up.....lol

not always but probably 80+% of the time it does. Athletes, strength, speed, and football hearts and coaches to get the hearts right, usually will win out no matter the schemes. Thus looking at common opponents does have merit.

not always but probably 80+% of the time it does. Athletes, strength, speed, and football hearts and coaches to get the hearts right, usually will win out no matter the schemes. Thus looking at common opponents does have merit.

Would you agree most of these factors you have mentioned can also change from early games to the end of the season,, whether it be for better or worse?  If you do agree, you could also agree it would make for different results,better or worse  out of a team,"especially a young team" from the beginning of a year to the end?  What I'm getting at, is I know WC has greatly improved from our game with Scott's Hill and I'm sure Huntingdon has also improved, so I wouldn't base to much on what either team has done in games past!  Heck neither starting team has stayed on the field a whole game but maybe 1 or 2 times!  Both teams are good teams no doubt!

The only way I will be dissapointed next Friday is if it ain't a good game. As for the early talk about officiating, I don't think it will be a problem, I've never witnessed a game at WC that looked suspicious and I've seen many games. As for the talent, well I think WC is better in some places and I'm sure Huntingdon is better in some. The thing is we all started talking about this being the region 6 showdown before the season even started and were 9 days away! I have trash talked on here and got caught up in it and I'm as guilty as anybody but I'm done with it for a few days. Talking about this game now is like opening all your Christmas presents a week before Christmas. It's very disrespectful to McEwen and CA to even be reading it much less posting on it. See y'all back here Friday night at 10:30!

if you would read the post before jumping in and making yourself look dumb you would know exactly what I am talking about. A WC posters said WC had played a tougher non region schedule because y'all played Scott's hill and mtp. And I said no Milan and Mckenzie would both beat both of the non region teams y'all have played

In the 2 years I remember mTp and McKenzie playing (2007-2010) there was a lot of talk that mTp couldn't hang with the McKenzie... Yeah, in the end mTp lost, but only a difference of 5 points between both games. 3 points in '07 and 2 points in '10..... So speaking hypotheticals, mTp has a decent record for McKenzie not blowing their doors off. And I think a few honest McKenzie folks would tell you it could've gone either way.

Gotten super board...Here is some info and facts about our towns/rosters/enrollment

Waynesboro is a small town of about 2,500 ppl (2013 Census). We have 319 kids in our HS. We have 57 players on the HS Roster. WC has 31 upper classmen (13 SR, 18 JR).

Majority Races-- 95.7 White. 1,6 African American. 1.2 Hispanic

Located in Wayne County.

Total of 3 High Schools in County.

Wayne Co, Collinwood, Frank Hughes(Clifton).

Huntingdon has right at 4,000 ppl(2013 Census). HHS has 354 kids. HHS has 51 players on their Roster. 27 Upper classmen (16 SR, 11 JR). The majority races-- 78% White. 17% African American.

Located in Carroll County.

Total of 6 High Schools in County.

Huntingdon, West Carroll, McKenzie, Bruceton, Carroll Academy,Clarksburg.

Odd I know but seeing as we have only played 1 time in history, this will give fans an idea of the other teams info etc.

Edited by WCHS_Wildcats_#2

WC -26

Huntingdon-13

seriously lmbo, not a symbolic note I'm seriously laughing. I love your optimism, but if you think your defense is that good you have fanatic blinders on. Seriously they have scored 5 tds in first 1/2 every game this season. All smack talk aside your defense will not win this game for you. If you have a shot at winning you'll have to put up 38+ points and I promise that Want happen either as you want have enough time. You will not stop our offense. Senior line and three starting backs with 10+ yards per carry avg. There are only 9 backs in west TN with a 10+ yd avg and huntingdon has three of them. Good luck stopping all three. Edited by stangfan89

seriously lmbo, not a symbolic note I'm seriously laughing. I love youroptimism, but if you think your defense is that good you have fanatic blinders on. Seriously they have scored 5 tds in first 1/2 every game this season. All ack talk aside your defense will not win thus game for you. If you have a shot at winning you'll have to put up 38+ points and I promise that Want happen either as you want have enough time. You will not stop our offense. Senior line and three starting backs with 10+ yards per carry avg. There are only 9 backs in west TN with a 10+ yd avg and huntingdon has three of them. God luck stopping all three.

Our #4 is avg 10+ yds a carry and our #8 is avg 9.6 per carry.