Huntingdon @ Wayne County (Week 10)

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

Really? "The number of fans posting on here for Wayne County may be a majority of the fan base"

How many fans you think we got over in WC? Like 10? haha

Kinda my point.  It is the same for every team represented on Coacht.  For anyone to make the assumption that comments on here are a true representation of the fan base of any school is very narrow minded.

I accept that some fans are going to make stupid comments, will be an all out homer for their school, will take offense at the comments of others.  However, I do not make an assumption of what a majority of anyone's fan base thinks based on posts here. 

Edited by couchpotato

One thing not mentioned yet is not only Dylan's dual threat on offense but he is used defensively in pass situations as well, like McKenzie game. Quality young man. The following is JMO and honestly speaking, I guess on this thread is only way you don't get called an idiot, but I've been saying all along WC team speed does not match up to Huntingdon. Only head to head match up to try and jusdge is SC. And it wasn't the dramatic score 8td to 1td, it's how we beat them. Our team speed looked like nose guard could have ran in a td, JK, good effort by SH if they could catch you good tacklers . But no pass Def and no speed. They only stopped Hunt starters 1 time out of 9. Our jv scored on SC starters, just slow but played hard. But huntingdon could habe score at will on them and they held you guys to 4 td. Just my opinion. We still win this game by 2td+. We will need Dylan back and clicking on all cylinders to go deep on playoffa but Mustangs take care of business this week.

I respect your opinion and nothing trashy in anything you said. I do disagree with the overall team speed though. WC is by no means slow, and are very quick in the backs position. I hate to keep beating a dead horse but WC played a terrible game against SH and was looking at going up 28-7 in the first half but had back to back fumbles that let SH hang around. I have also heard that Huntingdon had several fumbles early on but the ball bounced in their favor and they recovered them. WC has done a great job with fumbles and turnovers ever since the SH game. That scare WC got that night humbled them and they been playing great ever since. Still looking for this to be a great game and close all the way to the end.

Credit for interview goes to Jackson Sun this interview with #44 Kade Pearson.

This is him talking about his game with Clarksville Academy

“It’s pretty fun,†said Huntingdon back Kade Pearson, a sophomore who rushed for two touchdowns and passed for another in a 55-point first half for the Mustangs. “We just try to come out and do what we do, and the credit goes to the line.

“They come out and do what they do. Without them, us in the backfield … we couldn’t do anything.â€

Here is some of the interview talking about the Wayne County Wildcats.  What he says is the middle paragraph.

But Huntingdon is on a collision course with Wayne County set for next week. While officially they’ve been on the collision course for nine weeks now since the season began, Pearson said this game is one he’s been looking forward to since before he played middle school ball.

“I was in sixth grade in 2011 when Wayne County beat us here in the second round of the playoffs, and I’ve been waiting for the day to play them again,†Pearson said.

The game Pearson referred to was a Class 1A quarterfinal game in which Wayne County won with a fourth-down conversion deep in its own territory that lead to a touchdown that eliminated the previously-undefeated Mustangs from the postseason. Wayne County went on to win the state championship that year.

While that game will have no bearing on next week’s game, it probably will be motivation for the current players in the tradition-rich program in Carroll County.

Pearson said he knows the Mustangs haven’t had to respond to a close game down the stretch, but he’s confident he and his teammates will be ready if next week’s game – which is for the region championship – goes down to the wire.

“No matter what the score is, football is football,†Pearson said. “We’ll try to do what we do if the game’s on the line, and hopefully we’ll run past them.

“But Wayne County is a good team, and it probably won’t be easy. We’re looking forward to that.â€

Kermit talking again now, he is a very humble kid, a great athlete if he stays healthy will show all the doubters he shouldve been playing last year.  He talks great about his teammates like the great line we have which do not get enough credit.  He even respects his opponents says they will be tough and he is looking forward to playing them.

Wayne County fans, we probably wont learn much from any of your footage like you said you wont find out much from us either but this kid is bleeding BLUE AND GOLD.  He loves football and never complains, loves the sport, for a sophomore one of the most talented ones I ever seen.  Also Wayne County Wildcats fans, you in for a long night as he has got you circled in on your calender.  Your quarterback is a great player but I bet if he sees a big #44 about to tackle him he is going to throw that ball away some so he dont get sacked or hit lol.  He isnt our only weapon either.  Like I said not saying you wont beat us, I'll make my pick soon, but you guys are going to have to keep scoring to have a shot.  Im not saying you wont our defense hasnt been challenged by  offense as good as yours.  I want you guys to prepare hard though cause I want a tight contest and hope I am right and you can keep it good.  You got a little advantage cause we gotta make some changed but we got more talent you will find out Friday win or lose.  That said GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!

Let me say that if you have not seen both teams play how can you say who has the most team speed ? I have not seen Huntington play so I will not say who has more. I do know Wayne County has plenty. I will tell you WC players are looking forward to playing HH and they could care less who has this game circled, squared , or triangled. The one poster who doesn't have a dog in this race and has seen both play ( feared eagle) has stated they do not know who to pick. Just a short history lesson. I read on this same board the same junk that I read in 2011. I am not trying to say it will be the same result but I'm not saying it won't. Wayne County has as much confidence as Huntington in winning. If you are baseing everything on a scrimmage or who beat who worse I'm afraid your in for a dose of reality. I expect a close contest but in the end I have confidence my boys from Wayne County to take the win in Rd. 1 because I also believe there very well could be Rd. 2.  Hope all players and fans have a safe trip.

Edited by cat1973

Let me say that if you have not seen both teams play how can you say who has the most team speed ? I have not seen Huntington play so I will not say who has more. I do know Wayne County has plenty. I will tell you WC players are looking forward to playing HH and they could care less who has this game circled, squared , or triangled. The one poster who doesn't have a dog in this race and has seen both play ( feared eagle) has stated they do not know who to pick. Just a short history lesson. I read on this same board the same junk that I read in 2011. I am not trying to say it will be the same result but I'm not saying it won't. Wayne County has as much confidence as Huntington in winning. If you are baseing everything on a scrimmage or who beat who worse I'm afraid your in for a dose of reality. I expect a close contest but in the end I have confidence my boys from Wayne County to take the win in Rd. 1 because I also believe there very well could be Rd. 2.  Hope all players and fans have a safe trip.

Not sure if you talking about me but assuming you are because I talked about the game circled.  That wasnt a knock Kade Pearson is competitive and thats why.  I never said and he never said in interview Wayne County didnt have any speed tbh he agrees with me that you'll prob be a tough opponent.  Im 89% sure this will be a round 1 and there will be a rematch.  WCHS Wildcats #2 needs to change topic title and to it Round 1 and Region Title game maybe put both undefeated too in it