Huntingdon @ Wayne County (Week 10)

WCHS_Wildcats_#2

I haven't read any posts and won't do it. Hate to see a kid like Kade Pearson go down the way he did. For those of you that don't know, he's not only an awesome ball player, but an even better kid. Hate it for him in every way. Congrats to WC for winning the region. I would love to play you all with everyone healthy but that's not going to happen. You took care of business tonight and I will not say anything negative. Best of luck the rest of the way. Hopefully we can find an alternative, but I'm not confident at all.

Kudos to WC for getting it done last night.  Y'all are a great, classy, ever-improving football team.  And I hope you represent region 6 all the way to the ship.  Looking forward to the prospect of seeing your matchups with Nashville Christian and Union City!

Huntingdon is still a great football team.  To hold WC & the Rice Tandem (pure football brilliance) under 28 points is a tremendous accomplishment for any team.  It's even more impressive knowing that you did it without Pearson (#44) most of the game.  As good a runner as that kid is, I think his greatest football was played this year as a line-backer for the Mustangs.  He is the best MLB that HC has seen all year, I believe.

It makes sense that the Mustang offense would lose a lot of steam minus #11 & #44.  Everything runs at a different pace when the hands distributing the ball are suddenly changed mid-game.  Not to mention the loss of athleticism from those three starting backs.  Probably a morale drop for the offensive line and a significant reduction in situational play-calling options for the coaches.

All of these things snowball pretty fast when you play a team as disciplined as WC with the ability to score from anywhere on the field.

I think it's fair to say that Huntingdon is not far behind WC.  I also think it's fair to say that Coach Swenson didn't do so bad playing the hand he was dealt last night.  Give that man some credit....He has built a team to be proud of and carried forward the tradition of an amazing program.

And Mustang fans, you really should expect more out of your team in the playoffs than what many of you are now predicting on this board.  You still have one of the best O & D lines in 1A football.

Love how everyone assumes the rematch. WC would be fortunate if there is a rematch. And remember, according to WC injuries are "reasons"....not excuses. At least that's how it worked in 2014

I guess we could try to buy us some D1 players so we could compete with ya'll!   We will be glad to have that rematch, bring it on!

anyone that thinks this will be a close game even with #11 out is obviously an idiot about 1A football

[.....] with Johnson out it will change things but huntingdon has 4or 5 players that can score anytime they touch the ball.

+1. Spot on horse

We will be just fine...we will have another back step in and take his place and keep on rolling...this may bring the boys closer together and be exactly what we need to get to Cookeville.

It is a loss. DJ is a great player and Anytime a starter gets hurt its a loss to your team. [....] But just because it's a loss doesn't mean our offense relies on one player.

I still expect the same outcome even with the injury. Don't think the margin will be as big as it would have been. Time will tell.

I haven't read any posts and won't do it. Hate to see a kid like Kade Pearson go down the way he did. For those of you that don't know, he's not only an awesome ball player, but an even better kid. Hate it for him in every way. Congrats to WC for winning the region. I would love to play you all with everyone healthy but that's not going to happen. You took care of business tonight and I will not say anything negative. Best of luck the rest of the way. Hopefully we can find an alternative, but I'm not confident at all.

WC hates it too, nobody want's any kid to get hurt, We know what it's like!  Prayers for all the injured kids on both teams!

Kudos to WC for getting it done last night. Y'all are a great, classy, ever-improving football team. And I hope you represent region 6 all the way to the ship. Looking forward to the prospect of seeing your matchups with Nashville Christian and Union City!

Huntingdon is still a great football team. To hold WC & the Rice Tandem (pure football brilliance) under 28 points is a tremendous accomplishment for any team. It's even more impressive knowing that you did it without Pearson (#44) most of the game. As good a runner as that kid is, I think his greatest football was played this year as a line-backer for the Mustangs. He is the best MLB that HC has seen all year, I believe.

It makes sense that the Mustang offense would lose a lot of steam minus #11 & #44. Everything runs at a different pace when the hands distributing the ball are suddenly changed mid-game. Not to mention the loss of athleticism from those three starting backs. Probably a morale drop for the offensive line and a significant reduction in situational play-calling options for the coaches.

All of these things snowball pretty fast when you play a team as disciplined as WC with the ability to score from anywhere on the field.

I think it's fair to say that Huntingdon is not far behind WC. I also think it's fair to say that Coach Swenson didn't do so bad playing the hand he was dealt last night. Give that man some credit....He has built a team to be proud of and carried forward the tradition of an amazing program.

And Mustang fans, you really should expect more out of your team in the playoffs than what many of you are now predicting on this board. You still have one of the best O & D lines in 1A football.

I agree with you, HHS has a good team and has WC's respect, it's just a few of those mouthy posters that makes it hard to not bash the program. I'm slacking off the trash talk, to many players read these threads and don't deserve to hear it, they played hard and have worked hard to get where they are and I applaud them for it, so the next time WC and HHS meet maybe WC has taught some of y'all that respect is earned not given and since WC is now 2-0 vs HHS maybe y'all will be a little more humble next time. Feels good to get the win at our dump!

I won't pile on Swenson for the play calls tonight. You don't have much choice with the happenings. there was no way to do anything other than run the ball. You can't ask a kid to throw it who has never even taken a snap from that position. The boys still played their hearts out. WC did out play Huntingdon tonight, and Huntingdon has to play with the boys they have now.

I agree with you, HHS has a good team and has WC's respect, it's just a few of those mouthy posters that makes it hard to not bash the program. I'm slacking off the trash talk, to many players read these threads and don't deserve to hear it, they played hard and have worked hard to get where they are and I applaud them for it, so the next time WC and HHS meet maybe WC has taught some of y'all that respect is earned not given and since WC is now 2-0 vs HHS maybe y'all will be a little more humble next time. Feels good to get the win at our dump!

Amen brother!  +1

Just want to say to these WC players, great job again this week!  WC fans weren't surprised with the outcome of this game because we knew you were at least as good as HHS if not better!  We were better tonight, enjoy this win, and lets take of the"TROJANS" next week and get ready for the playoffs!  "GO CATS"