Dekalb vs Upperman

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upperman wins in a close one.

I agree, both have two loses.....Both lost to Stone,but the U to much stronger team Cookeville than Macon. York amd Smith played closer to DC than they did UH.I also give them A very slight edge being at home. Should be a closse game. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

How is the field up in Baxter? The last 2 times we were there it was bad! Scoreboard lights were out... Didn't work properly, really sad. I'm just curious if things have improved? Below par when you compare it to the basketball facilities they have. I know, petty but I'm just curious. I do hope it lives up to the hype tho, will there be any media coverage? Should be.

Scoreboard was out last week and it was crazy not knowing how much time was left the whole game.  I am sure they will have that issue resolved this week.  Field was used to host the middle school championships during fall break in an absolute mud fest.  Obviously, the grass won't recover from that this time of the year.  If it stays dry this week, it should be fine though.  Seating might be an issue - especially on the visitor side.  The Cookeville game was insane with people climbing up on the baseball bleachers just trying to see over into the field.  Don't think this one will be quite that bad though...

Scoreboard was out last week and it was crazy not knowing how much time was left the whole game. I am sure they will have that issue resolved this week. Field was used to host the middle school championships during fall break in an absolute mud fest. Obviously, the grass won't recover from that this time of the year. If it stays dry this week, it should be fine though. Seating might be an issue - especially on the visitor side. The Cookeville game was insane with people climbing up on the baseball bleachers just trying to see over into the field. Don't think this one will be quite that bad though...

Putnam needs to send some funds down to Upperman and put them on par with Cookeville. That. End of the county is where the growth is. I think Cookville has 3-4 soccar fields, tennis courts, 2 football practice fields, and a lacross field. You would thinbk in a county with that big of a tax base, they could add some bleachers and get the scoreboard working. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Putnam needs to send some funds down to Upperman and put them on par with Cookeville. That. End of the county is where the growth is. I think Cookville has 3-4 soccar fields, tennis courts, 2 football practice fields, and a lacross field. You would thinbk in a county with that big of a tax base, they could add some bleachers and get the scoreboard working.

ya spread some of that wealth to the east side of the county also!!! Monterey is always left out!!!

agree, Upperman and Montery need the lion share of the budget the next several years to catch up the Cookeville. But, I don't see it happening

I cant believe they finally got Monterey a new school and its taking 3 years to build lol just think of all the money we could of saved not playing at tech! i have heard rumor we pay a chunk to play there but i have also heard it dont cost! but thats hard to believe!!