Mount Juliet vs Franklin

MJGOLDENBEARS

There is plenty of talent at MJ to be better than a 500 team. I agree ; not exceptional talent; but talent none the less.  When you have not beat a team with a winning record in three years and struggle to beat average teams there is a problem. Really haven't beat many average teams.

Talent is just not speed. A coach must understand what his teams strengths are. Not an easy thing to do. When you don't have elite talent ; coaching must make the difference.

Edited by BKisler

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is plenty of talent at MJ to be better than a 500 team. I agree ; not exceptional talent; but talent non the less. When you have not beat a team with a winning record in three years there is a problem. Moral victories don't count ( Ravenwood this year ).

Talent is just not speed. A coach must understand what his teams strengths are. You cant play a kid in a certain positions for 2-3 years and then change him his senior year to a totally different position and expect him to succeed or take your favorite player and make him a star just because you want him to be.

We have beat Overton, they have a winning record.

Great opinions.... Are you done now? Your perspective is from the outside looking in, sure the overall record doesn't look great, but you can only do so much with little talent. We don't have a Contrez Mccathern, Caleb Hopkins, Reed Gurchiek, Caleb Chowbay, Vaughn Cornelia, etc... I guess calling our names will help you realize the talent we once had and maybe it will paint the picture you so desperately need to understand. Our demographics suck in Mount Juliet!!! It's very hard to have a good team with very little diversity, speed, lack of playmakers, etc. The freshman teams are coached and cared about a lot more than many others teams in the midstate, therefor we usually have great success. If you look at this years Freshman teams picture you would wonder how they went undefeated. We have just had a talent gap in MJ ever since 2012-13... If you don't understand this, I fear for your common sense skills.

It's not outside looking in. I've been inside the MJ football program. In what way I won't share.

This team issue is not talent. You can keep hinting that they are losing because of their skin color or something but that's just not true. MJ Has similar talent to Ravenwood. Which is also a bunch of white kids.

Ravenwood isn't 5-4. Ravenwood honestly played a tougher schedule. It's not talent. Will Hester > trey perry.

If you put Hester in MJ, they would be at least twice as better.

It's coaching. You can keep defending the mediocrity and obvious standard drop-off, but MJ was simply a Better program from top to bottom with ROGER as the head coach. It's the 3rd year now. There is no rebuilding, there is this isn't a Fun Music video:"We are Young".

There's no excuse. This team isn't as well coached as it was in the past. It's that simple. It's not opinion, it's fact

It's not outside looking in. I've been inside the MJ football program. In what way I won't share.

This team issue is not talent. You can keep hinting that they are losing because of their skin color or something but that's just not true. MJ Has similar talent to Ravenwood. Which is also a bunch of white kids.

Ravenwood isn't 5-4. Ravenwood honestly played a tougher schedule. It's not talent. Will Hester > trey perry.

It's coaching. You can keep defending the mediocrity and obvious standard drop-off, but MJ was simply a Better program from top to bottom with ROGER as the head coach. It's the 3rd year now. There is no rebuilding, there is this isn't a Fun Music video:"We are Young".

There's no excuse. This team isn't as well coached as it was in the past. It's that simple. It's not opinion, it's fact

This

And as you continue to publicly sh*t on the talent and KIDS at MJ,

Yes we don't have contrez. We have jauhar jackson.

Yes we don't have reed gurchiek, we have Josh Williams, justice white, Jonathan Jenkins...

Yeah you don't have Caleb chowbay. You were blessed with the equal IF NOT BETTER TALENT OF HIS YOUNGER BROTHER IMMEIDAITELY AFTER!

And Vaughn Cornelia wasn't that great. Honestly. He wasn't that great character wise either.

The team has good players, and even Better upcoming players. The coach is a peanut.

If you want MJ to be good like the glory days, then you better start flying some Fire Trey Perry banners over the stadium.

Skip has some very good points.

Had a good back last year in Mahler; and refused to give him the ball until Jackson and other back got hurt . He was a good play maker. Not fast, but tough hard nose runner who was tough to bring down and had great hands. Lead the team in rushing and yards per carry. He was awarded Outstanding Offensive Player of the Year; voted on by all coaches. Funny how he wasn't mentioned as one of the key players not returning this year.

Edited by BKisler

How can you prove Hester would do better? My thought process is you give TP another year to prove himself with a lot of returning talent.... If next year goes down the drain than I will totally be on board with you. We still have mcgavock to play, we would go 6-4 and have a favorable first round matchup. The season isn't a complete failure as you make it seem.