AP Top 10 2A Oct 19

Southtowner

I'm not a Trezavant fan by any stretch of the imagination and I don't think they have any business in 2a. 1A and 2a should be small rural schools. City schools in large populated areas and Private schools in these same areas should play with schools with the same drawing pools. But I don't think Trezavant was dodging anyone the last few years. Just looking at this years schedule should tell us that.

We have about 300 in our high school.  Our multiplier factor is 1.8, so we have to play schools almost twice our size.  How is that fair?  Am I missing something?

We have about 300 in our high school.  Our multiplier factor is 1.8, so we have to play schools almost twice our size.  How is that fair?  Am I missing something?

300 drawing pool in a private school is much different Bucfan. And you do have a choice to remove the multiplier at any point.

We have about 300 in our high school. Our multiplier factor is 1.8, so we have to play schools almost twice our size. How is that fair? Am I missing something?

More like 260 kids is what I was told. We need a multiplier but not the highest in the country like we have. We don't have the boosters willing to give money for kids to come for sports. We actually have several playing at MCCallie and Notre Dame that left us so because they didn't have to pay to go the the other schools.

More like 260 kids is what I was told. We need a multiplier but not the highest in the country like we have. We don't have the boosters willing to give money for kids to come for sports. We actually have several playing at MCCallie and Notre Dame that left us so because they didn't have to pay to go the the other schools.

Really... they are playing sports and don't have to pay to go to Notre Dame??

300 drawing pool in a private school is much different Bucfan. And you do have a choice to remove the multiplier at any point.

Are you saying that our pool is a better pool to choose from just because we are a private school.  If so, I would agree with that more if we gave scholarships or 'financial aid', but we do not.  

Are you saying that our pool is a better pool to choose from just because we are a private school.  If so, I would agree with that more if we gave scholarships or 'financial aid', but we do not.  

Yes the drawing pool is better,you get motivated hard working kids with great parents. Small rural schools get the Good,the bad and the ugly, Its 2 different worlds. 

Yes the drawing pool is better,you get motivated hard working kids with great parents. Small rural schools get the Good,the bad and the ugly, Its 2 different worlds. 

Lol...yeah I get it.  I went to public schools.  I think the multiplier of 1.8 makes it more than fair.  It will be interesting to see what our board decides to do next year.

Yeah, they do snag some of our better athletes from time to time.

Lol...yeah I get it.  I went to public schools.  I think the multiplier of 1.8 makes it more than fair.  It will be interesting to see what our board decides to do next year.

My kid did a research paper on the difference of the 2 type schools. The advantages were staggering in the favor of Private schools. Check the average income of private and public school  parents.  Might. shock you.