Siegel vs Warren County

How would Siegel get the 6th seed by just beating WC? Wouldn't that give them the 7th seed? Maybe you're saying they could potentially receive the 6th seed with a win versus WC and Coffee County. 

You're right, but going to JC isn't all that much better in reality, and is a longer drive too by about 90 minutes.

I this is kind of the point poster above was trying to make. Could see a scenario where each team would be ok with losing and traveling to murrville rather than science hill. Especially since spurrier is moving in to become their offensive coordinator!

I this is kind of the point poster above was trying to make. Could see a scenario where each team would be ok with losing and traveling to murrville rather than science hill. Especially since spurrier is moving in to become their offensive coordinator!

The whole point is to win a playoff game. Alot better chance being able to do that against SH than Maryville

If I was the pioneer fans, I would rather drive to Maryville for a quick game than Johnson City.

Or just forfeit. It would save the school a ton of money. It would also keep the players from being greatly embarrassed on a bigger stage. Plus you wouldn't have to worry about any players potentially getting seriously hurt in a game that's basically a no win situation.

Or just forfeit. It would save the school a ton of money. It would also keep the players from being greatly embarrassed on a bigger stage. Plus you wouldn't have to worry about any players potentially getting seriously hurt in a game that's basically a no win situation.

I understand the money involved and the likelyhood of winning. But I think it stirs up a bigger mess if they forfeit. A beating is easily forgotten. But the attention a coach/program will draw from forfeiting will last much longer and been seen by more people IMO. I don't think there is a coach out there that wants to be known as the coach that forfeited because he didn't think his team had a prayer.

TSSAA isn't going to let them forfeit

The TSSAA couldn't stop WC from forfeiting if WC so chose to. It's not like the TSSAA could make them travel and play the game. Now if WC did forfeit then the TSSAA could potentially hand down hefty fines and penalties. I'm not sure what would happen in that scenario because to my knowledge no team has ever done anything like that before.