Siegel vs Warren County

I understand the money involved and the likelyhood of winning. But I think it stirs up a bigger mess if they forfeit. A beating is easily forgotten. But the attention a coach/program will draw from forfeiting will last much longer and been seen by more people IMO. I don't think there is a coach out there that wants to be known as the coach that forfeited because he didn't think his team had a prayer.

You're right, it would stir up a huge mess. It would likely go nation wide and we'd see all of the talking heads on ESPN weighing in on the subject.  

The TSSAA couldn't stop WC from forfeiting if WC so chose to. It's not like the TSSAA could make them travel and play the game. Now if WC did forfeit then the TSSAA could potentially hand down hefty fines and penalties. I'm not sure what would happen in that scenario because to my knowledge no team has ever done anything like that before.

Like Milo stated, its just not worth it. Forget the game, the message sent to the kids that's its better to quit than to compete is not the right move

It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Go play the game, get the

players back to school at 2:00 am and then require them to drive home and

hope they get home safely--- what does anyone gain from that? What about

that scenario is in the best interest of the student athlete? I say you play the game and send the TSSAA a bill for expenses.

that scenario is in the best interest of the student athlete? I say you play the game and send the TSSAA a bill for expenses.

Send yourself the bill since Warren Co. is a member of the TSSAA. I sure didn't hear them object when they had the chance to in the offseason

Why do you care what Warren does? You and your son abandoned the community and the players he had played football with since pee wee. Oh, I know maybe it's because the rumors are true about the almighty Wilkinson clan moving back to Warren County so the wonder kid can play basketball. I hope if that's your plan, the AD has the cojones to stand up to the Dibrell Mafia and doesn't sign off on the deal also hopefully enough basketball players will refuse to play on the same team with a person who has already proven he is only playing sports for personal gain and doesn't care about the team or teammates.

Why do you care what Warren does? You and your son abandoned the community and the players he had played football with since pee wee. Oh, I know maybe it's because the rumors are true about the almighty Wilkinson clan moving back to Warren County so the wonder kid can play basketball. I hope if that's your plan, the AD has the cojones to stand up to the Dibrell Mafia and doesn't sign off on the deal also hopefully enough basketball players will refuse to play on the same team with a person who has already proven he is only playing sports for personal gain and doesn't care about the team or teammates.

I own property and homes and pay taxes in Warren Co and will comment as muchas I feel necessary. And as far as coming back to play any sport, you don't have to worry, he's smart enough to not make that decision. And it was his

decision not mine or yours for that matter. Your rumors are incorrect as

usual. I will support my children and

their decisions at all costs. And for your information, there was not a kid on that football team that didn't encourage him to make the move, They

supported and encouraged him and half his WC friends have attended his games this season. Nearly the entire group he played with were at his game during their off week. As for the rest of your comments, you can call me and we

can discuss specifics. I refuse to talk to an unknown chicken hiding behind a code name. And personally, 6-2 and #10 in the state and a 4.75 GPA.... I

think it has been a brilliant move on his part! The only regret I have is

not making the move 6 years ago.

• Upvote 1

Send yourself the bill since Warren Co. is a member of the TSSAA. I sure didn't hear them object when they had the chance to in the offseason

Letters were sent, petitions signed and sent and a ton of phone

calls made to the TSSAA and officials attended meetings in opposition. The

fact is they were not listening and directly commented, "We could care less about Warren and Coffee County"

WC will travel 2, 3 or 4 hours to play a play off game and still bring more fans with them than the boro schools do to any of their away games.  I counted 34 people in the stands for the No. 2 team in the state at one of their away games.  

Should a team with a losing record play in a play off game? Definitely not...we all know that. A play off game is a reward for great season.  As of today, 6 teams out of the Super 32 have a .500 winning percentage and 10 teams are below .500.     

TSSAA will pay the expenses.