can anyone beat memphis east or oak ridge this year?

90warrior

I don't think anybody is saying Maryville won't be good. They will. But they are far from a dominant team. They will have to play lights out if they want to beat Oak Ridge this year, like they did last year.

I think even the Maryville folks will tell you the 38 point win over Bearden was an anamoly. Not surprised they won but the crazy layoff from all the snow days really skewed things. If I'm not mistaken, Bearden beat them by 20 earlier in the year.

I know Rebels will be great at guard with Upchurch brothers and Blackmon. You mentioned they will be better on interior. Who else do they have beside Lowe that will contribute inside?

Good point Norman. When two teams split by 3-4 points u can say man these teams are even. But when one wins by 20 and loses to that same team by 38? It tells me each team that lost couldn't throw it in the ocean that night. I mean you just can't read too much into those two games.

The common thread for these three teams is coaching. Blevins, green and coachE are three of the best going right now. Kids want to play for them, and it shows.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lowe kid is a better player than Miller was last season...IMO...And I don't think that it will take long to show that...The Big Kid from William Blount will help also...I cant see into the future but I think that Maryville will be better on the interior this season..Especially on the boards and I would imagine that the Guard have improved also..the guards that played in the summer anyway...Just my guess, but I am certainly not a Basketball Genius when it comes to anything..Especially Hoops in at any given school, not involved at that level. Could be a competitive year

You may be right. Like you say, time will tell. Maryville and OR always have some great games, but up until that game last year we had run off 7 or 8 in a row over them. Looking forward to the season, but still a lot of football left.

Grace Christian Knoxville (GCA) gets Oak Ridge before football is over. I like our chances in that one. Still a huge challenge. But we have less football players than Oak Ridge. A win is a win. We would take it proudly.  B)

Wow, am I missing something here. Is Grace a state contender in their division? That's a serious question. IDK. I'd be very surprised if Grace beat OR even without the football players. I'm serious when I say OR's second five would win our district going away. That's how deep and talented they are!! They've got two or three freshman and sophomore that would start for any other teams. Again, I'd like to hear how good Grace is supposed to be this year. I'd like to catch a game if I can.

You may be right. Like you say, time will tell. Maryville and OR always have some great games, but up until that game last year we had run off 7 or 8 in a row over them. Looking forward to the season, but still a lot of football left.

Oh yea, don't you guys have an important game Friday? Hmmm. I hear your going to kill CC. Here's my prediction:: Tee has 2 catches for minus 11 yards, your qb throws four pics, your RB fumbles twice. CC runs for 350 yards, passes for 250, returns a KO for a TD, and CC wins a squeeker 13-11

Oh yea, don't you guys have an important game Friday? Hmmm. I hear your going to kill CC. Here's my prediction:: Tee has 2 catches for minus 11 yards, your qb throws four pics, your RB fumbles twice. CC runs for 350 yards, passes for 250, returns a KO for a TD, and CC wins a squeeker 13-11

Before anyone thinks I'm crazy, I was just messing around. Lol. Good luck to both teams.

LOL who are these freshman you're referring to in the post above? I didn't get to see Robertsville and Jefferson in basketball last year. Did they have some talent?

Jefferson had the best shooter I have seen in several years last year other then that they were fairly young but are loaded this year. They have a 7th grader that was the best athlete on the floor last year as a 6th grader.

Robertsville had a stud 7th grade pg who basically won games by himself but he's now at Alcoa. Robertsville won't contribute immediately to Varsity level competition.

Wow, am I missing something here. Is Grace a state contender in their division? That's a serious question. IDK. I'd be very surprised if Grace beat OR even without the football players. I'm serious when I say OR's second five would win our district going away. That's how deep and talented they are!! They've got two or three freshman and sophomore that would start for any other teams. Again, I'd like to hear how good Grace is supposed to be this year. I'd like to catch a game if I can.

Grace plays Catholic December 12th at Gracce  and January 23 at KCHS.  Last year both teams split.

Powell returns everyone from last season and added a transfer pg from Central. Karns lost one player is all. Both these teams will be very competitive. Science Hill looked mediocre this summer. Crockett is s team to watch from Upper East.

Powell looked really good this summer.  Their guards are tough.

Powell returns everyone from last season and added a transfer pg from Central. Karns lost one player is all. Both these teams will be very competitive. Science Hill looked mediocre this summer. Crockett is s team to watch from Upper East.

That's some good info. Good for district too. Central should be pretty good, they played good ball after Xmas. I think Halls, ac, cc, and Gibbs are all kinda young aren't they? Crocket will be good but they lack overall size don't they?