Next Giles County Coach?

rocketsrule

POT-One-Hit-Wonder.pngDump, Dump, de-Dump, Dump.... :roflolk:

Coming to you live from Minor Hill.I'll be here all week..and every week for that matter. So WOMG..who is the new coach going to be in your opinion. We all know the outcome of this season wasn't for lack of talent. Edited by leadfarmer

Coming to you live from Minor Hill.I'll be here all week..and every week for that matter. So WOMG..who is the new coach going to be in your opinion. We all know the outcome of this season wasn't for lack of talent.

Don't matter to me as long as he cranks up the weights, cuts the times on the first step, makes sure hands are not on the hips in the 4th, develops players and flushes the players/parents who don't understand what "teamwork" is. I want a boss. He speaks. You listen. You execute. For the team.... :ugeek:

Don't matter to me as long as he cranks up the weights, cuts the times on the first step, makes sure hands are not on the hips in the 4th, develops players and flushes the players/parents who don't understand what "teamwork" is. I want a boss. He speaks. You listen. You execute. For the team.... :ugeek:

That's what it takes to get to championship football. A 1 hour practice and a film session ain't gonna cut it.

Couple quick thoughts:

-ACTUALLY MAKING A CHANGE: Interviewing is one thing. Taking a job is another. I'm not in denial. Coach K could leave today. But I'm not certain he is ready for that. Forget the family name, the pedigree, even the exp as an assistant at a higher level. People don't just change jobs for more money. Anyone looking at it from just that angle is insane.

- LONG TERM GOALS: Coach K was DC at Forrest for 1 yr, and has been HC for 2. If he takes this he's locked in, unless he just decides to bolt for a 5A or 6A job in a year or two. He's done the work at Forrest to have very good success the next 2-3 years. Why would a coach exert all this energy laying the foundation, then split town, just as the fruits of his labor are being recognized, in order to go to another empty lot where the same exhausting work will be necessary? The entire community here worships him. I'm not sure jumping at GC because it's open fits his goals. Maybe it does. But what if Oakland or another 5A or 6A school becomes available next year or in 2017? Is he gonna put in for that too? No one wants to be labeled a job jumper. To me he should wait 1-2 more seasons. There will always be openings

- OPPORTUNITY AT GC: I get having higher aspirations than 2A. But to leave for a team that is gonna win between 2 and 4 games next year? This GC gig is a bigtime rebuild. This guy HATES to lose. He might short-circuit on the field and have to be carried off in a strait jacket if his team loses 6, 7, or 8 games next year. If he has aspirations on competing for state it’s a joke to think he’s gonna get there with GC in the next 2-3 seasons. They were “Bad News Bears†awful.

- THE OTHER “BALD GUYâ€: The OC is Johns, and if he interviewed too that's a severe blow, because unlike whoever posted earlier, I have ZERO interest in Carson. We don't even know the real story behind what happened at Eagleville. No way he's the front runner. To me, if K goes, you go after Johns HARD and keep some stability. Johns hasn't been a head guy, but I think he is more than ready, and he would do a really good job. He's very well-respected and liked, and obviously knows the schemes. It makes less sense for Johns to make a move to continue being an assistant. Coleman tried to get Kriesky to do the same thing at Summit. Kriesky chose to stay and be HC here, and I think Johns should stay and be our head guy, IF this goes down.

- CLOSING TAKE: My official opinion is that I would hate to lose Coach K. He is special and these kids have had an unbelievable amount of turnover. Losing Coach K and Coach Johns would be a HUGE setback for the program. It’s difficult to watch this go down from a distance, as I have been out of middle tenn for several weeks now due to an ill family member. It is what it is. Hope all of them stay in Chapel Hill.

Edited by Amerigha