Next Giles County Coach?

rocketsrule

if you were saying Giles didn't have the athletes to match up with stone you didn't see the game. Giles was bigger, more athletic, and much faster. It doesn't matter what type of offense a team runs, as long as it's coached well and you have the personnel to run it, you can run 50x a game, pass 50x, or split it fairly even and have success. We were smaller, slower, and just plain out less athletic than a lot of teams we played, and still found success because of discipline

I was there, and yes in some ways we could match up. Your team was very well coached. Not to be smart ####, but in years past we would have probably beaten you. We were a severely handicapped team on offense and our defense played poor most all year. The coaches just couldn't get it figured out and we were gashed for big plays often. Line play was not consistently good on either side of the ball. You are correct about the coaching and we will hopefully get it right and be better coached next year.

I was there, and yes in some ways we could match up. Your team was very well coached. Not to be smart ####, but in years past we would have probably beaten you. We were a severely handicapped team on offense and our defense played poor most all year. The coaches just couldn't get it figured out and we were gashed for big plays often. Line play was not consistently good on either side of the ball. You are correct about the coaching and we will hopefully get it right and be better coached next year.

you could be right. Did Giles take a big hit from graduation?

Don't tell Alcoa

Alcoa is a huge anomaly. A 2A school playing up in class 3A (or they used to be 2A, not sure how big they are now). More kids standing on the sideline than The VOLS. I swear it looks like almost every boy in the school is on the sideline. Not to mention one of the best and winningest coaches in the state. So unless we find ourselves with a coach of that caliber and get half the boys in the school to play ball, I'm not holding my breath that it will work out for Giles as well as Alcoa.

you could be right. Did Giles take a big hit from graduation?

Yes and no. We had some seniors we won't miss terribly but one linebacker will be missed as well as our tailback that had to play quarterback the last several games. He was a freight train. I think he finished the regular season ranked 2nd in rushing in 4A. Both of those guys lead by example and worked hard. There are a few good players that were juniors that will be back and I thought our JV team and younger players played harder than the varsity this past year. They just were not physically ready to compete at the level needed. We may be really thin at receiver unless someone steps up, but that won't matter if the new coach runs a wing t. D-backs need to learn how to cover and actually turn around a look for the ball. We were a little small back there and didn't tackle well either. Hopefully we can get that fixed next year.

Not sure. Rand Wright if we want to tote the rock. Curly Pattern if we toss the rock. Or Which away Joe if we don't know which way to go with the rock. Ambassador. Looks like toting the rock has worked well over the years for them SP folks.

I'm looking for Defense! Give the rock back to the offense enough times sooner or later they'll find the chalk! :thumb:

I'm more interested in the strength/conditioning and the new head knockers ability to identify & bring aboard quality assistants.

Will the new HBC be able to create teaching spots for the assistant coaches? I've heard many say those spots just aren't there to bring a full staff, maybe two and three spots max, those being math and sceince. It's hard to find quality coaches that teach those subjects, not saying it's impossible but it seems like it sure would be easier to have PE, drivers Ed, lifetime wellness and even History spots to offer your top assistant coaches. Also how does GCs suppmlents compare to other counties? Is the basketball and baseball coaches fully on board with rebuilding the program and understand it takes the schools top athletes to play multi sports to do so? There are many questions for someone to consider before taking this job and big challenge. GC has been very successful in years past so it has to be possible for them to get back to winning consistently and I hope they do get back to it, the Marshall County rivalry is way more fun when both teams are solid... And trust me MC is just getting started in their programs rebirth. Good luck to GC on the new hire.

collegehumor.ab083d5d0cba501dad53f34fc39​Giles Has new slots open teaching garbage truck driving. Lots of job opportunities in the area hauling the garbage to marshall. There is nothing like dumping on marshall.... :mrgreen: ​

That a way to avoid the real issues and tough questions, keep on putting that big front that GC is a big time job. Maybe this new coach whoever it might be will keep you on call unlike ol Walt did. We can't wait to hear how great the hire is when it's announced.

That a way to avoid the real issues and tough questions, keep on putting that big front that GC is a big time job. Maybe this new coach whoever it might be will keep you on call unlike ol Walt did. We can't wait to hear how great the hire is when it's announced.

We all cant wait either.. I have a feeling its going to be leftovers of the same dish we have been served over the past 3 years.....