Hillsboro (6-3 5-1) at Beech (7-2 5-1)

HighLife

Plenty on the line in this one.. A Hillsboro win and they will win the region and capture the #1 seed. A loss and they are staring at a #4 seed and a date with Independence in the first round.

For Beech a win here locks up the #2 seed and a home playoff game. A loss puts them as a #3 seed and traveling in the first round.

Hillsboro will have to limit their turnovers offensively and continue playing stellar run defense.

For Beech, I believe they have to limit the Burros explosive plays & be able to mix in the pass to keep the Hillsboro D honest..

I expect a close game at Shackle Island.. Should be a packed house and a great atmosphere as always..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a great game. Contrasting offense, but similar defenses. Definitely the game of the week in this conference and one of the best match ups in mid TN.

Can Beech establish a run game? Can the Burros move the ball in the air? .....probably so for both. The key will be can the Burros move the ball on the ground and can Beech put it in the air enough.

Looking forward to some great HS football this Friday night.

Edited by JedCooper

Should be a great game. Contrasting offense, but similar defenses. Definitely the game of the week in this conference and one of the best match ups in mid TN.

Can Beech establish a run game? Can the Burros move the ball in the air? .....probably so for both. The key will be can the Burros move the ball on the ground and can Beech put it in the air enough.

Looking forward to some great HS football this Friday night.

Looking at the stats Hillsboro runs almost as well as it passes... Hillsboro plays really good defense, as does Beech. Beech runs better than it throws.. I'm curious as to why Beech is such a heavy favorite.. Beech 2 losses were to Rossview 48-46 and Hendersonville 30-16..

Hillsboro's 3 losses were to Oakland 36-28 Riverdale 24-21 & CR 21-14..

I think this is a one score game at best.. I don't see either team getting to 30 points either..

Edited by HighLife

Looking at the stats Hillsboro runs almost as well as it passes... Hillsboro plays really good defense, as does Beech. Beech runs better than it throws.. I'm curious as to why Beech is such a heavy favorite.. Beech 2 losses were to Rossview 48-46 and Hendersonville 30-16..

Hillsboro's 3 losses were to Oakland 36-28 Riverdale 24-21 & CR 21-14..

I think this is a one score game at best.. I don't see either team getting to 30 points either..

I don't think any of the Beech faithful think they are a heavy favorite. IMO the Burros are a 6 1/2 point favorite. I can't speak for other Beech fans on here, but most of the Beech ppl I talked with over the last 3 weeks are concerned about the game. Either way should be a good and close game.

I don't think any of the Beech faithful think they are a heavy favorite. IMO the Burros are a 6 1/2 point favorite. I can't speak for other Beech fans on here, but most of the Beech ppl I talked with over the last 3 weeks are concerned about the game. Either way should be a good and close game.

I agree.. I think 3 out of the 4 teams that make the playoffs will advance to the second round. This is a very tough district