Hillsboro (6-3 5-1) at Beech (7-2 5-1)

HighLife

Simply stating this is not last years Hillsboro team and I think they are just as likely to find a way to lose as they are to win. Would I be shocked if they win? No, but I watched the Pearl Cohn game (that they won) and that team doesn't beat Beech. The team that played Hendersonville looked like a different team. The team that played Sttion Camp and Gallatin gets blown out. It's nearly impossible to know which team shows up Friday. They have been inconsistent at best.

So let me say this again, I believe Hillsboro has the talent (and ability) to beat anyone on any given night. In making my prediction, I know fully I could be wrong. Hillsboro could just as easily win by two touchdowns, either way I don't think it's going to be close. I like the way Beech is playing right now and think they are more consistent. I always put a score to it and that's where I'm staying, barring any last minute information, lol.

BTW, the Pearl Cohn score is a bit misleading. Pearl Cohn had the ball late inside the 15 going in to tie/win but threw a pick 6. Much closer (and ugly) than the final score.

No they definitely are not close to last years team. That team was a juggernaut. But considering they replaced 9 starters on D and 6 on O with a 1st year QB, wouldn't you expect some ups and downs? To be playing for a region title in week 11 says they are a very good team..

I think the score will be close.. Both teams better strap it up because it will definitely be hard hitting

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hillsboro is not even close to last years team. They have plenty of athletes however, and they did not even have their top playmaker in against Gallatin. Biggest thing I see that is a trouble spot is the penalty situation. Beech is much more disciplined than Hillsboro. Hillsboro lives off the big play a lot more than Beech. Beech does not have the overall athleticism but from what I saw may have the best player in the Hafner kid. I will take Beech by 10 to 14.

Hillsboro is not even close to last years team. They have plenty of athletes however, and they did not even have their top playmaker in against Gallatin. Biggest thing I see that is a trouble spot is the penalty situation. Beech is much more disciplined than Hillsboro. Hillsboro lives off the big play a lot more than Beech. Beech does not have the overall athleticism but from what I saw may have the best player in the Hafner kid. I will take Beech by 10 to 14.

I have been saying it from the beginning of the season and I stand by it. Hafner has been the best football player I've seen through 9 weeks.

Edited by eers

I never said the best running back or the best athlete. I said best football player.

I think he is a really good player as well just not the best in the region. Both will get all region and maybe some other awards. But you know that title doesn't really matter. Hafner has a shot at becoming the top receiver in Buc history I heard so I hope he achieves that. Good luck in the playoffs.

Mason has one more year. But look. The kid is getting hardly any help out there on the field from the rest of his team.

We can't pass the ball this year which everybody has figured out. Teams are loading the box to stop Mason. AND HE STILL is getting some good yards. Now imagine if teams had to contend with a pass threat as well. His stats all year would have looked like they did against MJ the first game of the year.

We will just have to disagree on this one. I think he is hands down the best football player in the region. Mason's time will come, but it's not this year.

I wouldn't say hands down. #5 Malique Fleming of Hillsboro is a pretty darn good football player himself. RB/TE&SS... Never comes off the field