Mount Pleasant @ Moore Co.

Big Bigby

Thanks for the breakdown so the country folks like myself get a better understanding. Big Bigby appreciate the neutral vibes. Mostly definitely will be a good game. Both teams know what's on the line. Our Seniors know this could be it. It will come down to simply who wants it more. The loss to Huntland hurt more because that wasn't our team out there. Friday night will be a nail bitter. Obviously I'm pulling for a MC win. But it's gonna be interesting..

If it wasn't your Raider team out there vs Huntland, whose team was it? I heard they had Raider uniforms on and some of the Lynchburg community was there.

If it wasn't your Raider team out there vs Huntland, whose team was it? I heard they had Raider uniforms on and some of the Lynchburg community was there.

Well I guess if you "heard" then you weren't there. Yes our boys in blue along with fans were there. I simply meant that the team that "showed up" wasn't the same team in practice that week. Unfortunately we lost to Huntland, but it wasnt because of Huntland was the better team. Our defense proved that. We beat ourselves, offensively we couldn't get anywhere.

Well I guess if you "heard" then you weren't there. Yes our boys in blue along with fans were there. I simply meant that the team that "showed up" wasn't the same team in practice that week. Unfortunately we lost to Huntland, but it wasnt because of Huntland was the better team. Our defense proved that. We beat ourselves, offensively we couldn't get anywhere.

Looked like to me the Moore Co. defense proved nothing... impressive giving up 335yds? Wow. ..your view of impressive is really jaded...but maybe next year ..Keep hope alive!

Watched several highlight films off of Hudl (that's all I can access) and MC has the potential to give mTp a fit.... #44 defensively stops almost anything to his side of the line, #21 is an elusive back at times and I believe it is #1 at QB that is quick, elusive and decent on accuracy.... I've seen a bunch of Raider's recievers open beating the DB's on several games, not always thrown too, but wide open non the less, but when thrown too, those boys catch the ball.

mTp's DB's would be better served to play up, tight and man to man not giving up the receiver getting behind them for a TD pass and let the line and LB'S cover the run game... #55 Russell in at LB now is a force to reckon with and has improved his tackles #'s greatly and #60 Davis is good on the line, of course little #6 Stokes is always after the ball and a baller.... If a run gets by the line, then drop coverage and make the play, might give up yards but not a TD like Summertown burned the Tigers with.

Everyone healthy for MC or have you got injuries to key players and banged up on others?

Looked like to me the Moore Co. defense proved nothing... impressive giving up 335yds? Wow. ..your view of impressive is really jaded...but maybe next year ..Keep hope alive!

Yeah, giving up 335 yards isn't too impressive, but only allowing only 14 points on the board despite all those yards is.....

All your defense proved was that it was not as good as Huntlands. Huntland had 3 turnovers and a blocked punt putting you in the red zone 3 times with o points. Looked to me like the Hornets were an overall better team that night, quit making excuses and understand that the Hornets dominated that game. Your defense held Huntlands back to over 200 yards, if you think that is good keep bragging about your defense. Just in case anyone is wondering the final score was Huntland 14 Moore County 0. Enough said...........

I feel a little bit froggy Big Bigby - so, here goes:

If mTp wins this game they get the 3 seed and Huntland gets the 4 seed. Moore County will be eliminated.

If Moore County wins this game AND Huntland loses to Columbia Academy there will be a 3 way tie. Moore County wins the 3 way tiebreaker and gets the 3 seed and mTp gets the 4 seed (head to head over Huntland). Huntland will be eliminated.

The only way mTp doesn't make the playoffs is lose this game AND Huntland beats Columbia Academy which will give Huntland the 3 seed and Moore County the 4 seed.

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. The 4 seed will head to SP in the first round as I expect the Pirates to take care of business Friday night.

Thanks for explaining this!!

Im also very interested in seeing how this all goes! As I am with Region 5 too