Mount Pleasant @ Moore Co.

Big Bigby

Watched several highlight films off of Hudl (that's all I can access) and MC has the potential to give mTp a fit.... #44 defensively stops almost anything to his side of the line, #21 is an elusive back at times and I believe it is #1 at QB that is quick, elusive and decent on accuracy.... I've seen a bunch of Raider's recievers open beating the DB's on several games, not always thrown too, but wide open non the less, but when thrown too, those boys catch the ball.

mTp's DB's would be better served to play up, tight and man to man not giving up the receiver getting behind them for a TD pass and let the line and LB'S cover the run game... #55 Russell in at LB now is a force to reckon with and has improved his tackles #'s greatly and #60 Davis is good on the line, of course little #6 Stokes is always after the ball and a baller.... If a run gets by the line, then drop coverage and make the play, might give up yards but not a TD like Summertown burned the Tigers with.

Everyone healthy for MC or have you got injuries to key players and banged up on others?

Yes our boys are healthy and will be playing with everything they have. These Seniors have so much talent and unfortunately for various reason weren't able to show that this year. Since their 8th grade year with a winning record 10-0 and beating Cascade in the championship, Moore County has expected to see them to the same this year. I could waste this entire thread on putting the blame on someone or something, but Instead here we are 3 days from meeting mTp. Its gonna be a good game. I think the Raiders are gonna come out ready to play. Having home field advantage is a major plus. But again, both teams are gonna come to win. And it will come down to who wants it more.

All your defense proved was that it was not as good as Huntlands. Huntland had 3 turnovers and a blocked punt putting you in the red zone 3 times with o points. Looked to me like the Hornets were an overall better team that night, quit making excuses and understand that the Hornets dominated that game. Your defense held Huntlands back to over 200 yards, if you think that is good keep bragging about your defense. Just in case anyone is wondering the final score was Huntland 14 Moore County 0. Enough said...........

I think you may want to read over my post again. First I never claimed our defense was impressive, I do think Huntland scoring only 14pts against our D does say something. I don't believe in any of my posts I made any excuses for our loss. Nor do I think I was bragging.We lost. Do I personally think it was because Huntland dominated no. If that were the case the score would have been much higher. I will give credit where credit is due, we didn't score any. But let's really compare our seasons. Both lost to Forrest, neither team scoring. But our D only allowed 22pts, Huntland 35. Fay. City. Both teams lost,Huntland managed to put up 21& let Fay.City Score 49. MC only allowed Fay.City to score 14& our offense was unable to score. Now let's compare or wins.

HUNTLAND. MOORECOUNTY

Summertown 41-14 Summertown 46-6

Richland 35-6. Richland 53-14

Cornersville 47-21. Cornersville 48-7

GCA 69-50. GCA 42-10

I would hardly say Huntland is any better than Moore Co. Yall beat us. Its done. The rival continues. Look forward to next year my friend.

If Mt Pleasant plays disciplined defense (probably will not) MC will not score. Look for Mt Pleasant to get loose with their speed a couple of times for scores. This will be a close game. I say Mt Pleasant 20 to 14.

Like the score spread.... It'll either be close or by a few TD's one way or another. I'm leaning towards close.

I'm in on this party since our thread is so quiet. MtP's speed will overcome the poor Moore Co. defense. Mt.P by 21. See you in the playoffs!

I hope you are right. mTp has the athletes to get out by 21, but will they play disciplined with no negating TD callback penalties and other penalties setting them back. (2 TD's called back in Summertown and almost 60 yards in penalties)

Tigers have to play good ball from here on out and play as a team, not with a playmaker here and there.

Yes our boys are healthy and will be playing with everything they have. These Seniors have so much talent and unfortunately for various reason weren't able to show that this year. Since their 8th grade year with a winning record 10-0 and beating Cascade in the championship, Moore County has expected to see them to the same this year. I could waste this entire thread on putting the blame on someone or something, but Instead here we are 3 days from meeting mTp. Its gonna be a good game. I think the Raiders are gonna come out ready to play. Having home field advantage is a major plus. But again, both teams are gonna come to win. And it will come down to who wants it more.

Thanks for the answer on healthy or not.... Good post.

I say the MC defensive coordinators shut down MtP offense completely.

MC by 21

Though Wayne Co. proved it possible to completely shut mTp down and keep them out of the end zone... You really think MC's defense is on WC's level of play?.?.?

mTp even hung at least 19 on Region 4 #1 seed CA.

If mTp stays 2 demensional in either the usual run game or the occasional long pass? Yes, I think mTp will struggle *IF* MC shuts down #10,#38,#4,#30,#13 in the backfield.

mTp's 3rd demension can be a very good, over the middle, up and in slant passing game that I am totally clueless as to why coach is not utilizing it... When the defenses are sold out to the run, like Summertown was, the linebackers leave the middle of the field *wide open*. Put #30 at wing back, while selling the run, slip him up and into where the LB'S were and bam!... 1st downs all night until the LB's are told to set on it, then #4 is gonna get loose. Gotta keep that MC defense guessing and freezing up.

Edited by Big Bigby