BRUCETON VS HUNTINGDON

horse

when we played huntingdon, we fumbled on the 1 yard line, picked it up and sat it across the line and the refs ruled it a TD. Although Hdon was up 4 scores they boo'd the refs and we like to never heard the end of it on the forums. On the wayne county forum last week I saw a Hdon fan say something about it being a Christmas gift because it kept us from getting mercy ruled. Most of what ive read on hdons forums is negative. Its been very amusing to see the reactions to their loss.

Im glad the Wildcats could help some ppl out who seen the terrible side of how *SOME* Hdon ppl act esp during games. Its sad they think acting like that is part of what makes their fanbase different and part of the game. Thumbs up to Huntingdon for having some of the most classless fans around!

I'm encouraged to know that it isn't just HC who has bad sportsmanship (and fansmanship) issues with Huntingdon.  I truly hope this changes for the better over time.  I have tremendous appreciation for the Mustang program, the incredible following it has, and the way it builds young athletes.  I just wish there could be some sense of common ground we stand upon together instead of an elitist bravado that keeps everyone else at bay and attempts to diminish the accomplishments of other programs.  That simply isn't what HS football (or football at any level, in my opinion) is all about.

I'm encouraged to know that it isn't just HC who has bad sportsmanship (and fansmanship) issues with Huntingdon. I truly hope this changes for the better over time. I have tremendous appreciation for the Mustang program, the incredible following it has, and the way it builds young athletes. I just wish there could be some sense of common ground we stand upon together instead of an elitist bravado that keeps everyone else at bay and attempts to diminish the accomplishments of other programs. That simply isn't what HS football (or football at any level, in my opinion) is all about.

633 is this your first football game you have ever attended .I have sat in the stands at home game and idiot fans from the visiting teams.have come walking through the stand yelling and acting a fool. Been to away game and the home teams idiot fans come to visitor's side acting a fool.mckenzie is the worlds worse.it hs football and there is a crowd present.and every school has these certain people that have to be seen and heard at every game

No one else boos at the officials for "bad" calls when they are winning by 6 scores.  No one else criticizes coaches who leave starters in while behind in any game scenario.  And no one pairs baking or romantic comedy with football.  Nothing off base about my words.  I stand by them.

No one from Huntingdon has spoken a word of dignity/respect for HC or it's program outside of yours and Maximum's reference to the misruling on the initial kickoff.

I appreciate what you say about respecting most of what I post.  And I can agree to disagree with you and converse respectably on this point.  But I will continue to stand here.

I agree about the fumble at beginning of game awful call on that play you shouldve got the ball and got a chance.

The tigers are out of the playoff picture right

Yes they are out I wonder who else from our district in it, I'm guessing HC and clarksville but could be wrong.  Bruceton will still play us hard though.

Edited by KermitDeeFrog

Is this really a serious discussion right now? We're mad because Huntingdon fans booed questionable calls? I don't expect to get the royal treatment walking into an opposing stadium... Maybe I'm in the minority...

They're are terrible fans in EVERY fan base for every team in America... There were some WC fans standing behind me that were calling our guys everything but football players... And made some really classless remarks when Cade got hurt... Not to mention they couldn't put 3 words together without dropping a GD. Do I think those guys represent WC? Heck no... Those were just idiots... They're everywhere....

+1 I appreciate your point, Lurker.  And you're right.  I overstated my position by making such a big deal about the boos and questionable calls.  Heck, I've gotten so frustrated with HC fans in the past, I've actually called out from the sidelines or the fence and told em to shut up.

But that's just my point!  No one from Huntingdon does that.  I fully expected to get back on the T after our game at Paul Ward and be met with conversation from both sides calling the crap what it was.  Instead, there was more mud slung at HC, and every time we mentioned anything that was wrong about the officiating or the fan treatment our players received, Huntingdon fans blasted us for it saying that we were overrated and full of excuses.

If you call me or my people out and you're right in what you say, I say you're right and apologize.  So does our friend here from Waynesboro...

sorry u had to experience that at WC but ur right their everywhere..............that game was just what i thought it was gonna be..............a dogfight till the end

Huntingdon fans just hit you in the mouth again with their words and try to make you look foolish.  You guys seem to be creating a culture where few people are willing to call out the crap.  And I don't get it.  Cuz calling out the crap only makes you--and your people--better.

But if you read back earlier in the feed, this whole thread of discussion started with a concientious objection by a MustangNation007 who said the same things and we all applauded him for it.              #79            

Maybe I've distracted from my own point by including too much baggage about things I feel were wrong about that HC/HHS game.  What I really wanted to do was support and bolster the point that 007 was making there.

If I could erase some of that baggage from the conversation and just say, I think every program and fan-base should strive to honor it's opponents with genuine respect & dignity while competing fiercely against them and hitting them in the mouth--between the lines and between the whistles.

That's what we strive for in HC.  And we aren't perfect about it; we do have a few folks who are real jackasses from time to time.  But we don't hesitate to call em out either.

I agree about the fumble at beginning of game awful call on that play you shouldve got the ball and got a chance.

Yes they are out I wonder who else from our district in it, I'm guessing HC and clarksville but could be wrong.  Bruceton will still play us hard though.

Thanks, Kermit.

Yes, CA will ascend the hill at HC tomorrow night to compete against the Irish for the number 3 spot behind HHS.  Winner gets 3, loser gets 4.

I agree with you 100% 633... I get sick of the excuses, crying, and taunting from some of our fans too... I was just making the point it's in every fan base in America...  I've got good buddies that are the excuse KINGS.  I was talking to one the other day and he was talking about how WC was playing dirty... I asked him how were they playing dirty?  "They were trying to hurt our boys" he said...

I reminded him this ain't 2 hand touch... 

We all hate injuries for the kids that have worked their butts off... but it's a risk at every snap.  WC punched us in the mouth and we just didn't have a plan B for a team of the caliber of WC.  It is what it is...

Time to move on though...

Bruceton is going to play hard, and I'm hoping Huntingdon is going to try to get some different things going on offense.  It may take a quarter or so to get going, but I think our defense will keep Bruceton at bay while our offense gets on it's feet... Huntingdon 34 Bruceton 7

Praying for an injury free game for all involved!!!

Thanks, Kermit.

Yes, CA will ascend the hill at HC tomorrow night to compete against the Irish for the number 3 spot behind HHS.  Winner gets 3, loser gets 4.

Good luck to your program and wish you guys good luck on your game tomorrow night.  I got carried away after our game, I usually dont do that not a excuse but I guess even frogs like me get carried away sometimes.  I think I was being like that cause I was in awe of how we beat a 5-0 team that way.  I'm not usually like that especially after a game, and I apologize.

Good luck tomorrow night from WC, I think the mustangs are still a very good football team even with the injuries. I know last weeks loss was hard to swallow, it would have been for me if the roles were reversed. All us fans went to the game fully expecting a victory by our undefeated teams, but only one could leave with the most points on the board and it was WC. Not on here to stir nothing up but to say HHS will play harder tomorrow night than they have all year because of last weeks loss and the fans need to be supporting them more than they have all year also! Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you react to it! You can either give up and lay down or pick yourself up and keep fighting, go out there tomorrow night and prove a point!

I agree with you 100% 633... I get sick of the excuses, crying, and taunting from some of our fans too... I was just making the point it's in every fan base in America...  I've got good buddies that are the excuse KINGS.  I was talking to one the other day and he was talking about how WC was playing dirty... I asked him how were they playing dirty?  "They were trying to hurt our boys" he said...

I reminded him this ain't 2 hand touch... 

We all hate injuries for the kids that have worked their butts off... but it's a risk at every snap.  WC punched us in the mouth and we just didn't have a plan B for a team of the caliber of WC.  It is what it is...

Time to move on though...

Bruceton is going to play hard, and I'm hoping Huntingdon is going to try to get some different things going on offense.  It may take a quarter or so to get going, but I think our defense will keep Bruceton at bay while our offense gets on it's feet... Huntingdon 34 Bruceton 7

Praying for an injury free game for all involved!!!

Good luck to your program and wish you guys good luck on your game tomorrow night.  I got carried away after our game, I usually dont do that not a excuse but I guess even frogs like me get carried away sometimes.  I think I was being like that cause I was in awe of how we beat a 5-0 team that way.  I'm not usually like that especially after a game, and I apologize.

I appreciate that, Kermit.  Best of luck to you and yours as well.

Lurker, you're perspective is a gift to me today.  Thanks!

Here's a little bit more of my perspective...It doesn't matter a ton what Huntingdon does or doesn't have in the backfield this week vs. Bruceton.  Your line is unquestionably superior to theirs, and you have the speed in the secondary to catch 49 if he gets loose.  Bruceton's QB may be able to pass the ball on you a little when he stays upright.  But you can get to him using just your down linemen as rushers.  I actually see this one being pretty out of hand as long as Huntingdon takes care of the football.  Fumbles could slow you down.  But they wouldn't be enough to overcome that much parity in the trenches.  I predict a 6 score spread.  Maybe 56-14.