BRUCETON VS HUNTINGDON

horse

I completely agree. Last Friday night was the first time this year I sat in the stands and it will be the last time I ever sit there. It was absolutely embarrassing to sit there and listen to grown men and women taunt WC players and cry about the officials

Sad state of things.  But nice job calling it what it was.  I remember feeling the same way after we played in Huntingdon earlier this season.  Never felt so disrespected in a sporting arena in my life.  And the only person sent home early that night was an HC dad who called the official out for allowing an illegal helmet-to-helmet shot on his defenseless son catching an ill-advised bubble pass.  Then the man was mocked and ridiculed on here for the next 24 hours by Mustang fans along with our kids, our coaches and even a local pastor.  It was truly unbelievable.

I kinda figured that "take your butt whooping like a man" fella was pretty torn up. Did he call out anymore classless players??

Yeah, I remember that, Eagle....some mustang_alumn05 got on our game feed afterward and called our senior captain #68 a "classless" individual.  Several of us had to get on here and defend the kid's honor....

I couldn't believe no one from Huntingdon noticed and called out the duplicity of such posts.  Only WC & HC posters would man up and say something.  Not right.

And you know what else...Y'all are gonna lose a really good coach someday if you don't start loving the guy & treating him with respect around town.  Swenson is worth keeping.

Sad state of things. But nice job calling it what it was. I remember feeling the same way after we played in Huntingdon earlier this season. Never felt so disrespected in a sporting arena in my life. And the only person sent home early that night was an HC dad who called the official out for allowing an illegal helmet-to-helmet shot on his defenseless son catching an ill-advised bubble pass. Then the man was mocked and ridiculed on here for the next 24 hours by Mustang fans along with our kids, our coaches and even a local pastor. It was truly unbelievable.

Yeah, I remember that, Eagle....some mustang_alumn05 got on our game feed afterward and called our senior captain #68 a "classless" individual. Several of us had to get on here and defend the kid's honor....

I couldn't believe no one from Huntingdon noticed and called out the duplicity of such posts. Only WC & HC posters would man up and say something. Not right.

And you know what else...Y'all are gonna lose a really good coach someday if you don't start loving the guy & treating him with respect around town. Swenson is worth keeping.

I made sure I took up for #68 as the kid has been nothing but cool to me and was a great player at LT and played with alot of energy and HEART!! They are mad cause he aint on their team!

Sad state of things. But nice job calling it what it was. I remember feeling the same way after we played in Huntingdon earlier this season. Never felt so disrespected in a sporting arena in my life. And the only person sent home early that night was an HC dad who called the official out for allowing an illegal helmet-to-helmet shot on his defenseless son catching an ill-advised bubble pass. Then the man was mocked and ridiculed on here for the next 24 hours by Mustang fans along with our kids, our coaches and even a local pastor. It was truly unbelievable.

Yeah, I remember that, Eagle....some mustang_alumn05 got on our game feed afterward and called our senior captain #68 a "classless" individual. Several of us had to get on here and defend the kid's honor....

I couldn't believe no one from Huntingdon noticed and called out the duplicity of such posts. Only WC & HC posters would man up and say something. Not right.

And you know what else...Y'all are gonna lose a really good coach someday if you don't start loving the guy & treating him with respect around town. Swenson is worth keeping.

swenson ain't going nowhere you couldn't run him off

Sad state of things.  But nice job calling it what it was.  I remember feeling the same way after we played in Huntingdon earlier this season.  Never felt so disrespected in a sporting arena in my life.  And the only person sent home early that night was an HC dad who called the official out for allowing an illegal helmet-to-helmet shot on his defenseless son catching an ill-advised bubble pass.  Then the man was mocked and ridiculed on here for the next 24 hours by Mustang fans along with our kids, our coaches and even a local pastor.  It was truly unbelievable.

Yeah, I remember that, Eagle....some mustang_alumn05 got on our game feed afterward and called our senior captain #68 a "classless" individual.  Several of us had to get on here and defend the kid's honor....

I couldn't believe no one from Huntingdon noticed and called out the duplicity of such posts.  Only WC & HC posters would man up and say something.  Not right.

And you know what else...Y'all are gonna lose a really good coach someday if you don't start loving the guy & treating him with respect around town.  Swenson is worth keeping.

So you're saying that you were disrespected as a fan at our "arena" (stadium)?

I would love to hear about any fan that said anything demeaning towards you in any way, so please share.

I would love to hear about any fan that said anything demeaning towards you in any way, so please share.

I never said I was a fan.

"Arena" is being used loosely to refer to a setting/forum for athletic competition not a grand building of some sort.

Rookie White Cap and other West TN Officials believed we didn't belong on that field with Huntingdon; HHS fans believed it; and every time a break or penalty went against HHS in the slightest (reasonable) way, a chorus of boos arose to remind the officials of their bias, and the officials caved repeatedly--giving back fumbles to HHS, ignoring a piggy-back ride PI call, calling a chop block? on an HC defenseman trying to hold his ground vs. killer double-team blocks, taking away our lone interception for phantom PI on a coverage play with 0 contact at all, allowing an HHS player on the return team to wrap/lift/body-slam a would be tackler on our kickoff team (the kid was standing directly in front of our side-judge just 10 yards away...he stared at it the whole time...our kid raised his hands in the air to show that the wrap up was all HHS player and no HC...and the striped man just shook his head & held his flag).  There's no excuse for what happened there that night except for this bias.  Or maybe it was insecurity, idk.

Bottom line, no posters from Huntingdon (except for Maximum            #191            ) ever acknowledged that anything was awry in that game.  Nor did anyone ever acknowledge that HC made some legitimate plays against HHS on both sides of the ball that were unfairly nullified.  Anytime we HC posters tried to make reference to these types of things in the thread, we were mocked and laughed at--even while we through heaps of compliments atop the mountain of praise for the Mustang program & the boys on your team!  You just further criticized us for allowing some of our starters to play one side of the ball in the second half of a game you still won by 6 scores!!  That is disrespect.

It's funny, how you guys talk now about the Mustangs crumbling and being up against such long odds now that you have some great players out.  Perhaps that type of crumbling is what you get when teenagers accustomed to winning easily suddenly face adversity.  My suggestion is that you can never really know how those boys would have responded if the fumbles (5) and calls (multiple) had been allowed to go HC's way when the game was still in question.  We might have just had ourselves a ballgame with a 2-3 score decision instead of a debacle and such brash mockery of our program.

Ha, you even mocked WC for only having us by 14 points in the rain at halftime!  Maybe there is more to HC than any one in Huntingdon cares to think about.  And maybe, just maybe, you got let off the hook for disrespecting us because those officials joined you in your bias.

What did HHS fans say that was demeaning toward me?...every single boo volleyed at the field of play from the wildly victorious HHS stands that night.  Disrespectful.  A kick in the ribs to our boys and our coaches.  Shameful.

Rookie White Cap and other West TN Officials believed we didn't belong on that field with Huntingdon; HHS fans believed it; and every time a break or penalty went against HHS in the slightest (reasonable) way, a chorus of boos arose to remind the officials of their bias, and the officials caved repeatedly--giving back fumbles to HHS, ignoring a piggy-back ride PI call, calling a chop block? on an HC defenseman trying to hold his ground vs. killer double-team blocks, taking away our lone interception for phantom PI on a coverage play with 0 contact at all, allowing an HHS player on the return team to wrap/lift/body-slam a would be tackler on our kickoff team (the kid was standing directly in front of our side-judge just 10 yards away...he stared at it the whole time...our kid raised his hands in the air to show that the wrap up was all HHS player and no HC...and the striped man just shook his head & held his flag). There's no excuse for what happened there that night except for this bias. Or maybe it was insecurity, idk.

Bottom line, no posters from Huntingdon (except for Maximum #191 ) ever acknowledged that anything was awry in that game. Nor did anyone ever acknowledge that HC made some legitimate plays against HHS on both sides of the ball that were unfairly nullified. Anytime we HC posters tried to make reference to these types of things in the thread, we were mocked and laughed at--even while we through heaps of compliments atop the mountain of praise for the Mustang program & the boys on your team! You just further criticized us for allowing some of our starters to play one side of the ball in the second half of a game you still won by 6 scores!! That is disrespect.

It's funny, how you guys talk now about the Mustangs crumbling and being up against such long odds now that you have some great players out. Perhaps that type of crumbling is what you get when teenagers accustomed to winning easily suddenly face adversity. My suggestion is that you can never really know how those boys would have responded if the fumbles (5) and calls (multiple) had been allowed to go HC's way when the game was still in question. We might have just had ourselves a ballgame with a 2-3 score decision instead of a debacle and such brash mockery of our program.

Ha, you even mocked WC for only having us by 14 points in the rain at halftime! Maybe there is more to HC than any one in Huntingdon cares to think about. And maybe, just maybe, you got let off the hook for disrespecting us because those officials joined you in your bias.

What did HHS fans say that was demeaning toward me?...every single boo volleyed at the field of play from the wildly victorious HHS stands that night. Disrespectful. A kick in the ribs to our boys and our coaches. Shameful.

633, there was a different game watched from the other side of the field. The opening kickoff is something I cannot explain. I have never seen it before, and still don't get it. I'll give you that. As far as fans from Huntingdon giving it to the refs, it happens at every game on every field that has a game. I think that is called home field advantage. As far as saying the refs were on our side, is crazy talk. I do however recall the fans( at least the ones sitting in the sections around me) getting after the refs for continuing to throw flags against both teams well after the game was out of hand. Even when they were thrown against HC. I have enjoyed reading most of your posts, and respected your opinion, but this is a little off base.

Rookie White Cap and other West TN Officials believed we didn't belong on that field with Huntingdon; HHS fans believed it; and every time a break or penalty went against HHS in the slightest (reasonable) way, a chorus of boos arose to remind the officials of their bias, and the officials caved repeatedly--giving back fumbles to HHS, ignoring a piggy-back ride PI call, calling a chop block? on an HC defenseman trying to hold his ground vs. killer double-team blocks, taking away our lone interception for phantom PI on a coverage play with 0 contact at all, allowing an HHS player on the return team to wrap/lift/body-slam a would be tackler on our kickoff team (the kid was standing directly in front of our side-judge just 10 yards away...he stared at it the whole time...our kid raised his hands in the air to show that the wrap up was all HHS player and no HC...and the striped man just shook his head & held his flag).  There's no excuse for what happened there that night except for this bias.  Or maybe it was insecurity, idk.

Bottom line, no posters from Huntingdon (except for Maximum            #191            ) ever acknowledged that anything was awry in that game.  Nor did anyone ever acknowledge that HC made some legitimate plays against HHS on both sides of the ball that were unfairly nullified.  Anytime we HC posters tried to make reference to these types of things in the thread, we were mocked and laughed at--even while we through heaps of compliments atop the mountain of praise for the Mustang program & the boys on your team!  You just further criticized us for allowing some of our starters to play one side of the ball in the second half of a game you still won by 6 scores!!  That is disrespect.

It's funny, how you guys talk now about the Mustangs crumbling and being up against such long odds now that you have some great players out.  Perhaps that type of crumbling is what you get when teenagers accustomed to winning easily suddenly face adversity.  My suggestion is that you can never really know how those boys would have responded if the fumbles (5) and calls (multiple) had been allowed to go HC's way when the game was still in question.  We might have just had ourselves a ballgame with a 2-3 score decision instead of a debacle and such brash mockery of our program.

Ha, you even mocked WC for only having us by 14 points in the rain at halftime!  Maybe there is more to HC than any one in Huntingdon cares to think about.  And maybe, just maybe, you got let off the hook for disrespecting us because those officials joined you in your bias.

What did HHS fans say that was demeaning toward me?...every single boo volleyed at the field of play from the wildly victorious HHS stands that night.  Disrespectful.  A kick in the ribs to our boys and our coaches.  Shameful.

Unreal what some people like you actually think.  We like football in Huntingdon, sorry but we do.  We've been good at it for a long time and we will always like football.  We are passionate.  We boo at refs and create an atmosphere that's in our opinion the best in high school football.  Sorry we offended you by cheering too hard and booing at referees.  Next time we play you we will bake cakes and watch romantic comedies.

No one else boos at the officials for "bad" calls when they are winning by 6 scores.  No one else criticizes coaches who leave starters in while behind in any game scenario.  And no one pairs baking or romantic comedy with football.  Nothing off base about my words.  I stand by them.

No one from Huntingdon has spoken a word of dignity/respect for HC or it's program outside of yours and Maximum's reference to the misruling on the initial kickoff.

I appreciate what you say about respecting most of what I post.  And I can agree to disagree with you and converse respectably on this point.  But I will continue to stand here.

when we played huntingdon, we fumbled on the 1 yard line, picked it up and sat it across the line and the refs ruled it a TD. Although Hdon was up 4 scores they boo'd the refs and we like to never heard the end of it on the forums. On the wayne county forum last week I saw a Hdon fan say something about it being a Christmas gift because it kept us from getting mercy ruled. Most of what ive read on hdons forums is negative. Its been very amusing to see the reactions to their loss.

when we played huntingdon, we fumbled on the 1 yard line, picked it up and sat it across the line and the refs ruled it a TD. Although Hdon was up 4 scores they boo'd the refs and we like to never heard the end of it on the forums. On the wayne county forum last week I saw a Hdon fan say something about it being a Christmas gift because it kept us from getting mercy ruled. Most of what ive read on hdons forums is negative. Its been very amusing to see the reactions to their loss.

Im glad the Wildcats could help some ppl out who seen the terrible side of how *SOME* Hdon ppl act esp during games. Its sad they think acting like that is part of what makes their fanbase different and part of the game. Thumbs up to Huntingdon for having some of the most classless fans around!