Henry County @ Centennial

redblooded

Here's what we've all been waiting for. The district championship is on the line. On paper both teams are almost dead even. It should be a great game. Thoughts / Predictions?

My paper says Centennial can throw a little and HC has not defended the pass. Maybe the front 4 of HC can really pressure the qb. Otherwise, may be a long road trip for the Pats.

Edited by bigredatheart

My paper says Centennial can throw a little and HC can not defend the pass. Maybe the front 4 of HC can really pressure the ab. Otherwise, may be a long road trip for the Pats.

I'm sure they can throw it around a bit, but I thought our pass D, for the most part, did pretty well against Brentwood (who's QB is no slouch). I hear Centennial leans much more heavily on its running game, and that it's a very good one. That said, our run D speaks for itself at this point. 

I worry more about our offense in this one. The only teams that have had much success against their D this year had strong passing games (Indy and Dickson County).  We are very one-dimensional this year. Is Centennial strong enough at the point of attack to expose that all game as well as Liberty did? And if so, will we be able to counter it with something to loosen them up? 

Does Centennial have a kicking game? What's their average yards passing and rushing?

They don't kick off too deep and punting is average but the kicker is probably good up to 40 on field goals.  The stats listed below are through eight games and don't include Friday's 30+ point win at Rossview.

http://thecougarnation.scorebird.com/2015/10/centennial-stats-through-week-8/

Its not often that the game of the year is the last game of the regular season. But this one certainly fits the bill! I am anxious for this one, have been all year. The Cougars stumbled early, as did the Patriots - and then they both pulled it together to get to this game undefeated in Region 7-5A. This will be a fantastic game to watch with two of 5A's best defensive units on the field. With this shaping up to be a defensive battle, I like our chances...

Go Big RED!!!