Henry County @ Centennial

redblooded

Not having seen HC play, how is their passing game?  Indy beat Centennial thru the air but they do have a QB (19 TDs vs 2 ints) getting looks from OVC schools and a WR committed to Purdue. I noted CHS is allowing an average of 1.8 yds per carry so HC may have to put it up more than normal.   

havent seen HC since week 1...they are not a passing team as far as i know...if they are forced to throw it could make for a long night for the Pats...regardless their D is plenty good enough 99% of the time to keep them in each and every ball game...you may very well force HC to throw and if thats the case then Centennial should be in a favorable position

Liberty is top tier no doubt.  

It remains inexplicable why they did win it all last year.  It will be inexplicable if they don't this year.

last year was a sideline thing...looking ahead to the next opponent...lack of focus...and yes i do believe we could have beaten fulton after watching trezevant play with them...but i did not think so until i actually saw that game...

of the teams mentioned...cpa, cak and alcoa...alcoa is the favorite...anyone who says otherwise is a homer or just doesnt know football in TN...the other two arent in the same catagory...

we shall see how this postseason turns out...i like our chances barring any more injuries

If we're passing, we're in trouble.  Not our game.  I'm sure Centennial will do everything they can to stop our running game.  Brentwood did a good job of it for most the game last week, but the offense just kept chopping wood and found something that worked when it mattered.  My point being - If HC's defense turns in their usual performance, then I have faith in this staff to find a way to make it work on offense. The thing about 8-man boxes is that there's always a way to beat them on the ground if you've got the horses and the hosses.  Sometimes you've just got to let the defense show their hand a few drives. If we turn the ball over or Centennial jumps out and grabs a 2 TD lead then all of that is out of the window.  We'll see.  Gonna be a good one.  

Not having seen HC play, how is their passing game?  Indy beat Centennial thru the air but they do have a QB (19 TDs vs 2 ints) getting looks from OVC schools and a WR committed to Purdue. I noted CHS is allowing an average of 1.8 yds per carry so HC may have to put it up more than normal.   

Curious as to what you draw from that result? I think CHS is an extremely good team, but what happened against Indy? I know Indy is the 5A favorite but anytime a running clock goes up you have to wonder.  Did Centennial lay down, or was it just a CHS team far from its peak in a bad matchup?

Curious as to what you draw from that result? I think CHS is an extremely good team, but what happened against Indy? I know Indy is the 5A favorite but anytime a running clock goes up you have to wonder.  Did Centennial lay down, or was it just a CHS team far from its peak in a bad matchup?

"far from its peak in a bad matchup"

I got to remember that phrase.

I agree, but I think Centennial has just as good a defense as HC.

I will have to respectfully disagree with that statement. From what I can tell, its not the case on the scoreboard or on the competition they have played different from the Patriots. But of course, we'll find out in about 48 hours...

Go Big RED!!!

Truth is, Indy is just a juggernaut. Consider this: their starting QB was out for nearly half the season, yet you would never know it judging by the scores. I wouldn't consider them an elite defensive team, but they can win low-scoring ball games. 1st game without their starting QB was against Smyrna ( who is playing for a region title Friday), and they won 21-7. Were never really threatened

Edited by MidTennFootball

HC will be able to run the ball and control (shorten) the game. Centennial will not be able to run the ball, get frustrated, and be forced to throw every down. This will be the difference. Plus HC's superior kicking game will be the cherry on top. I'm going to change my prediction because HC will block a punt, scoop and score. My new prediction is HC 17 Cent. 7.

A lot of confidence there, the funny thing is your predictions are usually miles off.

Didn't see the game but my guess is it was a combination of CHS being too confident after beating cross town rival 6A Franklin the week before and a very good Indy team jumping on them early and keeping their foot on the gas.  I understand some defensive personnel changes were made after that game and while they haven't seen anyone that can throw like Indy, the numbers have been impressive.  CHS certainly hadn't peaked in late August and it was obviously a bad match up against the secondary on the field that night so your theory has legs.