Henry County @ Centennial

redblooded

Surely the coaching advantage doesn't go to Henry Co with a first year HC does it? Rector has won a state title as a HC..

Henry County's coaching is disadvantaged in this matchup only if you ignore the 3 coaches who lettered 4 years in D-1, one of which started 4 years at QB, one of which started 4 years in the SEC, one of which has 10+ years NFL experience (the majority of which was under Bill Parcells) and a Super Bowl ring, all of whom have 2 State Championships, and all of whom played for and were long time protege's of James Counce.

I have seen them both play.  The only way Henry loses is if Centennial can stop the run. Centennial has an SEC linebacker and he is the real deal....something will have to give in this battle.

Special teams - Edge ?

Running Game - Edge Henry County

Passing Game - Big Edge Centennial

Rushing Defense - Edge Henry County

Passing Defense - Edge Centennial

Overall Speed - Edge Centennial

Overall Size/Strength - Edge Henry County

Coaching - Edge Henry County

Most wine is Red ! I say Henry by a 1-3 points

Tell us more Woody.  I, for one, know virtually nothing about Centennial except they are having a great year.

Factual but probably mathematically erroneous analysis of common opponent matchup:

Total score

Centennial 226-66

Henry County 227-42

Average margin of victory

Centennial 26.7

Henry County 30.8

Includes Dickson County, Northeast, West Creek, Clarksville, Brentwood, Rossview.

Please tell me Independence is 6A.

Factual but probably mathematically erroneous analysis of common opponent matchup:

Total score

Centennial 226-66

Henry County 227-42

Centennial 26.7

Henry County 30.8

Includes Dickson County, Northeast, West Creek, Clarksville, Brentwood, Rossview.

Nope, 5A.

This is going to be a good one.  I think a key to the game will be how HC comes out.  It'll be a packed house, and I would venture to say that this game is one of the biggest in school history for Centennial.  If HC can come out and control the 1st quarter, put a few points on the board, and hold CHS it would be huge for the rest of the game. HC has been here before.  CHS hasn't. Emotion is a tricky thing in football.  

I believe right now Indy is the best team in 5A.  However, if Beech beats Hillsboro this week then Indy draws Hillsboro as their first round opponent.  Either way, if the're still standing after the first 3 rounds, they will have earned it by beating some combination of Hendersonville/Beech/Cane Ridge/Hillsboro.  That's 3 weeks of extremely physical fotball.

Edited by RedSwarm

Total score

Centennial 226-66

Henry County 227-42

Centennial 26.7

Henry County 30.8

You missed one key stat.

Centennial has played a tougher schedule. 

Opponents Record

HC Opponents: 33-48

CHS Opponents: 42-40

I don't think HC has played a top tier team this season. (Nothing against 3A Liberty)

You missed one key stat.

Centennial has played a tougher schedule. 

Opponents Record

HC Opponents: 33-48

CHS Opponents: 42-40

I don't think HC has played a top tier team this season. (Nothing against 3A Liberty)

FO was comparing only common opponents.

I agree Centennial has played a tougher schedule.But before the season started, if you looked at HC's non region games of Liberty, Houston, Gallatin I would say that is a pretty good schedule. As the season played out Houston and Gallatin both struggled,, to say the least. Liberty is a very good physical team, regardless of classification.

Pilgrim, CHS has played both Centennial and HC. What are your thoughts on this one?

Strengths and weaknesses of both?

This is going to be a good one.  I think a key to the game will be how HC comes out.  It'll be a packed house, and I would venture to say that this game is one of the biggest in school history for Centennial.  If HC can come out and control the 1st quarter, put a few points on the board, and hold CHS it would be huge for the rest of the game. HC has been here before.  CHS hasn't. Emotion is a tricky thing in football.  

I believe right now Indy is the best team in 5A.  However, if Beech beats Hillsboro this week then Indy draws Hillsboro as their first round opponent.  Either way, if the're still standing after the first 3 rounds, they will have earned it by beating some combination of Hendersonville/Beech/Cane Ridge/Hillsboro.  That's 3 weeks of extremely physical fotball.

Important traits of a winning program, Red Swarm, are experience and composure. HC has been in the big games; been there, done that. Centennial will be anxious and overly nervous, I believe. This will lead to penalties and turnovers, which can easily snowball on them.

FO was comparing only common opponents.

I agree Centennial has played a tougher schedule.But before the season started, if you looked at HC's non region games of Liberty, Houston, Gallatin I would say that is a pretty good schedule. As the season played out Houston and Gallatin both struggled,, to say the least. Liberty is a very good physical team, regardless of classification.

Pilgrim, CHS has played both Centennial and HC. What are your thoughts on this one?

Strengths and weaknesses of both?

I like both programs.

It's hard to compare how they played us, versus how they will play each other.

I think it will be close enough that either team can win.

But ultimately Centennial looked to be the better team. They looked to be well rounded on both sides of the ball.

They also will have the best athlete on the field, in a young man that is a Texas A&M commit. Not that one player makes the team, but he is an X-factor type that plays LB and RB.

I think HC is capable of winning a close game. But Centennial is capable of winning by 2 TD's.